Piggy’s Closing

Just saw this.

It is with a heavy heart that we must announce the closing of Piggy’s.

We opened our doors on February 1, 2008. Since that day we have met so many wonderful people and had so many wonderful experiences that a goodbye post could not do them justice. It was a privilege to serve our community for the last 13 years and will miss being part of so many peoples lives.

The last 13 years could not have been possible without our outstanding employees. We have had employees that have been with us since we opened our doors at our original location and came with us when we moved across the street. We have had brothers, sisters, sons, wives, mother in laws and long time friends all work with us over the years. All of which made it possible to open our doors and our hearts to so many.

Thank you for the memories. Good luck to all in the future.

Your friends from Piggy’s

Kb2755 Kb2755
Nov '20

When is the last day or are the doors closed know

Wanda Weber Wanda Weber
Nov '20

Say it isn’t so.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Nov '20

We drove past and it looks like they are already closed up. What a shame.

Irisheyes Irisheyes
Nov '20

I’m really not at all surprised. Their staff was always friendly and accommodating when I visited here. I personally did think their bbq wasn’t that good. The prices were a little high across the board. However, sad to see them go. Great run though!

Ryan L Ryan L
Nov '20

I am really surprised by this news. I order lunch here all of the time. The place always seemed to be busy when I was there. In no way did it seem like the business was failing...

CharlieGreen CharlieGreen
Nov '20

Ghost town. Expect tax increases

Soup Nazi Soup Nazi
Nov '20

I've been to Piggy's a handful of times and this place always confused me. Their interior was HUGE for what they were selling. They didn't need a space that big to begin with. I always felt like it was a ton of empty space in there and prices were fairly high for what you got.

I have a feeling COVID is the real reason they can't recover. They always did decent but probably just enough to cover the rent of that storefront and staff. They were the only BBQ joint in town (if you don't count Sizzle opening fairly recently) and somehow couldn't weather a drop in business due to COVID.

Other BBQ joints just got some free customers.

AnotherCaseOfCOVID AnotherCaseOfCOVID
Nov '20

Sorry to hear this. I went there many times over the years for sandwiches and wings. Jamie and the others always made sure to great me by name. Having spent many years in the restaurant business that little thing is something that I appreciated.
Wishing them all well.

Fins2dleft Fins2dleft
Nov '20

Loved their sandwiches especially the Sloppy Joe! So sad.

Dianne Dianne
Nov '20

I have to say.. In terms of BBQ.. They barely brought it... Nor did they bring any level of flavor to their sides.. I just just shrugged my shoulders and said nj!.. Still it's sad to see a business go down. I'm sure their real money was in catering and events. With all the social distancing they felt it hard.

Anyone with some investment cash should look to that spot. They did well for over a decade. This virus isn't going to last forever and that place is fully equipped.

On the side I have the recipes to make it win

Ser positivo Ser positivo
Nov '20

Piggy’s was the Cheers of Mansfield , everyone knew your name, and your favorites, there was always a owner on duty to make sure things went smoothly! Piggy’s will be missed as well as there staff, a true community Icon , this Virus took a toll on many businesses ! Best of luck, and wishing you well from another satisfied customer!

robert robert
Nov '20

A shame that’s a big store front empty

Husband tried to get a breakfast sandwich this morning, only to see closed doors and owner of mall locking doors. He thought it was a sudden decision. For whatever reason, we are so sorry for the loss of a great stop for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Cowboy Chilli was the best. Over mashed potatoes, over rice, over noodles or by itself...simply the best.
Geez, I miss you already.

USAfirst USAfirst
Nov '20

Loved their potato salad. Anybody by chance have a recipe that’s close to Piggy’s?

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Nov '20

Not sure D-Man, but there’s a few recipes in this thread:
http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/882640

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Nov '20

I had their potato salad once.. It brought to mind the black panther from snl. Literally all you have to do is make the water like sea salt. It takes care of itself.

Ser positivo Ser positivo
Nov '20

I'm going to Miss Piggy's..
Everyone was Great.. I Loved everything they made. Breakfast Code 2-1-1..They knew what I wanted.
The Kilbasa was absolutely Fantastic. Chicken salad Awesome..
The Bagels were the Best anywhere around
My Very Best to Don and Jamie

Chubby Chubby
Nov '20

Well I’m sorry to see it go even though I never went back after getting terrible food poisoning. Nevertheless I hope all who worked there are able to find jobs and get back on their feet quickly!

Friendly Mc face Friendly Mc face
Nov '20

We can only hope that another pizza joint doesn't move in. Good luck to all the Piggy's folks!

Jason Jason
Nov '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.