Best diner-type breakfast?

Where the best place to sit down for some eggs, toast, hash browns and coffee? Went to River star diner and was thoroughly underwhelmed. Is the Budd lake diner any good?

Consigliere
Jan '22

Budd lake is ok/good. The Andover diner on 206 is GREAT. Washington diner on 31 also very good

itiswhatitis
Jan '22

Stella Gs

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jan '22

Adams. Budd Lake - way better than Budd Lake Diner -

4catmom 4catmom
Jan '22

Randolph Diner. Nice bakery too

https://www.therandolphdiner.com/rd-dessert-menus.html

Local Gal Local Gal
Jan '22

I would offer the the Classic Sparta Diner as a top contender along with the Hampton Diner just north of Newton...Budd Lake Diner is a more than worthwhile stop...I find all of them better than Riverside...Burger King would edge out Stella G's!!!

Evergreen'69 Evergreen'69
Jan '22

Budd Lake diner. Way better than Adams
Nice friendly people, good service, never been disappointed

Ziggy Ziggy
Jan '22

Rosie's Diner in Netcong, without any doubt!! They give all large portions, and very inexpensive for an omelet, home fries and toast. they have a huge menu.

Hackresident Hackresident
Jan '22

It's actually called Rose's Place. I haven't been in since they sold it however the people that bought it and operate it now are long time employees. I'm sure it's as good as it always was. Pellegrino used to have the best bacon there!

Thanks for the suggestions. We’ll hit up Budd lake next Saturday morning

Consigliere
Jan '22

And wow! BK over Stella G’s? I’ve never been to stellas but I feel like I’ve heard good things

Consigliere
Jan '22

I can't imagine any fast food garbage would be better than Stella's. I've enjoyed a breakfast a few time at SG's. Not since the new owners but I'd bet it is still good.

Budd Lake Diner is a decent, very consistent place as well.

It seems the new place Taste in Allamuchy is in order for a try....

Budd lake Diner sucks!! Randolph diner is the best around!Roxbury and Washington diner are also very good!

The BK over Stella's was in jest...meant to show my very low regard for the vastly over rated Stella's.

Evergreen'69 Evergreen'69
Jan '22

Adams, by a knockout the best....

zentravl zentravl
Jan '22

Main Street Cafe serves up a fantastic breakfast!

zentravl- I wouldn't eat there if it was the only place on the planet. Owner admitting to groping six teenage employees. And yes I understand the son now owns the business. But Leka is able to still work there. That was just a chess move.

https://www.nj.com/morris/2020/07/bagel-store-owner-gets-probation-for-groping-teen-employees.html

Luca, I agree. Ugh how imaginative! LOL. I do hope Tony and his family are able to cash out nicely and enjoy retirement though.

Marilyn's in Chester! The best breakfast you will ever have! And such a great little eatery!

kelleo22 kelleo22
Jan '22

If this were 1999, Tom's Diner at the Ledgewood Circle.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '22

Pop's Bagel Shop on Main Street in Wharton has great food, too.

MansfieldVillager MansfieldVillager
Jan '22

Another shout out for Main Street Cafe...also Hot Bagels Abroad is great for an occasional bite...

New2this New2this
Jan '22

Greg, Leka died two months ago after a short illness. You might want to try Adam’s again.

Old Tpke Resident
Jan '22

I did see his name mentioned in the St. Michaels bulletin. I thought it may have been him. I was wondering why he was not showing up on the New Jersey Sex Offender Registry list.... I don't see any obituary info online however.

Greg

Sadly, obituaries are often lacking, even on a funeral home's website. Not sure if people just don't want to bother, or if they're afraid of the home being robbed while they're at the funeral. It befuddles me as to why you wouldn't want to at least honor a loved one's memory, even if you don't give specifics on the ceremony time.

As a family historian, obituaries are great sources of information and often give many hints as to where to expand a family history search.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jan '22

Bagels Abroad?
Never again.
Ordered on a Sunday morning from their wall menu.
Waited on line till order was ready.
Went to pay.
Charged me $1 more than posted price.
Pointed to the menu and questioned?
They said it JUST went up.
What? When?
Right Now.
“Items subject to price change without notice.”
OK.
Paid.
Will NEVER go back.
( 100% true occurrence)

Stymie Stymie
Jan '22

Mt Bethel diner in PA on 611 if you're ever out that way .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jan '22

The Mt, Bethel diner always has good soups.

Andover Diner!! The best

htownlifer htownlifer
Jan '22

Thisilldous in Belvidere.... Uncle Buck's not shabby either

Tidy
Jan '22

Definitely Thisilldous. A cut above the rest.

For a real “Diner” experience? Royal Diner in Washington. Surprised it hasn’t been mentioned.

Eperot Eperot
Jan '22

Blairstown Diner is very good as well.

Earnhardt Earnhardt
Jan '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Best diner-type breakfast?
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.