Planet Fitness coming to Hackettstown?

From the Planet Fitness Website; anyone hear anything about a start date?

Based on the address it looks like the ShopRite plaza in Mansfield.

Hackettstown, NJ
7000 Route 57, 13-2
Hackettstown, NJ 07840

Get Directions
Pre-Grand Opening Sale Coming Soon!

Glass Half Empty Glass Half Empty
Mar '20

Heres a picture

Hackettstown, New Jersey
https://maps.app.goo.gl/CfTyFYHcymNfzToA9

Bug3
Mar '20

I read that a month ago and haven't seen or heard anything about it. Ledgewood didn't have a clue.

I just called corporate headquarters and they said it is still in the works and being built. Also to check the website every few days.

Has anyone seen an activity by the movie theater? That's where the address is.

Hopeful Hopeful
Mar '20

Party city ?

stephen stephen
Mar '20

The picture is of the storefront next to Dollar Tree - last business there was discount store - one in Ledgewood/Rt. 10. Next to movie theater - they just completed reno

SS2cats SS2cats
Mar '20

Great that is going to make getting out of the parking lot there to go on 57 toward route 46 even worse than it is now

Jimt1058
Mar '20

As much as I'd like a Planet Fitness in town I really hope that's not where it goes. Parking and navigating the lots there is already terrible.

If it were a Trader Joe's no one would be complaining about anything!

callitlikeIseeit callitlikeIseeit
Mar '20

Fill the empty buildings and extra 2 minutes sitting in a park lot or at a light won’t kill you. Be patient

ok and thank you for the life's lesson on patience you totally changed my life

Jimt1058
Mar '20

Hey Jim so glad I could help!

There are no signs of activity inside the building and the for rent signs are still on the windows as of today.

hktownie hktownie
Mar '20

Bye bye Shoprite, can't stand that parking lot and this will make it worse. Time to find another store.

If you want to go to a good gym in Hackettstown try Real Time Fitness!

True, this plaza has the worst ingress/egress, needs to be completely revamped.

Thats is a very small storefront for planet fitness

Bug3
Mar '20

PamB
I love Real-Time Fitness the former achieve 24 Fitness.

I just wish I had time to get there. I like the fact that Mike went out and got brand new treadmills. There is limited space but what are you going to do. You have everything you need.

If they at least put a rear entrance to some of those stores I think that might alleviate some of the traffic problems both car and foot

Anyone hear anything new about when it would open?

Amanda Amanda
Jan '21

I wish I felt comfortable going to the gym- I had been taking 4 senior classes a week until it all hit the fan- - at Powerhouse Gym

Nan Davis Nan Davis
Jan '21

anyone know when they’re opening up the gym ?!

Joseph Cintron Joseph Cintron
Feb '21

Good old "Pizza Planet" or "Pizza Fitness" as some of the fitness fails channels on Youtube often call them. Lots of good "footage" from there. No judgements, unless you are serious about Fitness, in many of their opinions, that is. I remember seeing one clip from the Ledgewood location, OMG, funny!

Phil D. Phil D.
Feb '21

I believe Planet Fitness has canceled plans to open a location in Hackettstown. This location has been removed from the Planet Fitness website and their is no new updates about this location. I guess Covid-19 killed plans for this location.

pittsburghmike pittsburghmike
Apr '21

Well that stinks. I liked using Planet Fitness when I was in college. Cant beat the price

MakoMiller1984 MakoMiller1984
Apr '21

Re: Planet Fitness coming to Hackettstown?

Photo of flyer received. The flyer indicates a pre-opening office next to Shoprite with hours:
M-F 10am-7pm
Sat & Sun 9am-3pm

The gym itself will be next to Dollar Tree

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Nov '21

They should do quite well at that location.

"The new gym is slated to open in late December at 1965 Rte. 57, #13 in the Mansfield Plaza, a representative told Daily Voice."

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Nov '21

Does anyone know what will be the gym hours?

Golds
Nov '21

Golds, see pic.

Pre-sale is 10 cents to become a member.

maja2 maja2
Nov '21

Maybe that's until they staff up. Usually they are 24/7 I've heard.

maja2 maja2
Nov '21

Im ready to get my pump on!!!!!!

GWliberty GWliberty
Nov '21

maja2, Where do you see ten cents?
I see 25 cents and 10 dollars a month.

DogDayAfternoon
Nov '21

Does anyone know how the presale works? Are they still charging for the time before its even open or does it only start charging upon open?

Makomiller1984 Makomiller1984
Nov '21

The schedule that MAJA2 posted are the hours of the pre-open office which is located adjacent to Shoprite (the old SUBWAY) location.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Nov '21

Golds -- I was sent a mailing. It says Hours Once Open -- 24/5 -- open 24 hours Monday thru Friday -- but then says "closing at 9pm on Friday"
Sat & Sun - 7am - 9pm.
Join now & save -- no commitment, offer ends November 30.
Join now -- 25c down, $10 month.

Classic $10 month gets unlimited access & Free Fitness Training (*with membership)
Black Card $22.99 month gets extras like Bring a Guest Free Anytime, Unlimited use of Massage Chairs, Unlimited use of HydroMassage, and other things.

happiest girl
Nov '21

The more restricted hours are just for the sales office… their typically hours will be the hours happiest girl indicated above.

Thanks for correcting my post!

maja2 maja2
Nov '21

Anyone know what is going on with Planet Fitness opening?

FB- PF has a temporary space right next to Shoprite in the former Subway space. Look for the blow up "raise the roof guy". LOL. Stop in they have all the info. You may find a sign on deal as well.

I signed up online when they had promotion in November. Luckily I haven't been charged yet. Looking forward to it opening.

Hopeful Hopeful
Jan '22

Is there any possible date of opening? I signed up online to but don't want to wait until April or so to be able to go

PVMom3 PVMom3
Jan '22

I find it difficult to believe that this enterprise can maintain the level of cleanliness at this price that Riverside Health and Fitness does right across the street.
Very important ( at least, to me).

Stymie Stymie
Jan '22

Those treadmills look awfully close together, maybe 3-4 feet, person-to person. isn't there a 6-foot distance required to work out in a Gym also these Covid Days?

Are there exercise classes also in Planet Fitness, curious, or a steam sauna for the $10 per month?

I wouldn't even think of joining any gym until AFTER the Pandemic!!

Hackresident Hackresident
Jan '22

Click on "safety recommendations" for gyms in this page from NJ.gov to see gym requirements:
https://covid19.nj.gov/faqs/nj-information/reopening-guidance-and-restrictions/are-gyms-open-are-there-safety-recommendations

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Jan '22

WOW!

Hackresident Hackresident
Jan '22

Hackresident…the one in Ledgewood only allows you to go on every other one… so you are six feet apart. I’m sure the one in Hackettstown will do the same once it’s open and the six feet eile is still in effect

Htownlifer Htownlifer
Jan '22

WOW gyms should be closed until further notice

Philliesman Philliesman
Jan '22

OR- If you don't want to catch a cold or the flu don't go. No need to shutter a business.

Exactly Greg. If you live in that much fear Philliesman, then stay at home, don’t go to work, order everything online to be delivered, let it sit outside for a few days (you know “just in case”) and let the rest of the world keep spinning

Jan '22

If you have a problem with a gym opening because of covid, then good don’t go! It’s that simple!

LocalRes
Jan '22

This ultra deadly virus is still around because of people like you

Philliesman Philliesman
Jan '22

The “ultra deadly” virus will always be around. As will many others. If you want to attempt to hide from it that’s fine. But others will choose to live their life. Regardless it won’t be going away, learn to live with yet another risk amongst the many others in daily life, or live as a hermit, held up in your hollow, in fear.

Jan '22

Maybe I am wrong here but doesn't this virus effect unhealthy people more than healthy people??? Shouldn't we be encouraging people to work out and get healthier? It always surprises me when people talk about how "deadly" THIS virus is, and when you think about it, 10 years ago older people and unhealthy people died because of the many strands of the flu. But we didn't shut everyone in the world down for that back then. Also, everyone had their own choice to get the flu shot or not. IMO, this is no different.

Skipper
Jan '22

Last I heard, the opening date was moved to January 15th. It has changed a few times. I wouldn't be surprised if it changes again. I joined during the promotion. I'll likely wait a month or two before I go now that the variant is here. I'd be more upset if the monthly cost were more than $10, but I can eat the cost for a bit. No need to slam them simply because you prefer another gym in the area. Different gyms have different audiences. The people who can afford Riverside might be seeking something different from the people joining PF. For instance, all I need is a selection of cardio machines because I don't have room for one in my home. I don't need or want classes, saunas, or anything else.

SquirrelGirl SquirrelGirl
Jan '22

I received an email stating Grand Opening is February 16

Jan '22

Did the gym ever open?

LocalRes LocalRes
Jan '22

It’s open and great!

lsricc lsricc
Jan '22

Does anyone know how many tanning beds planet fitness has

LocalRes LocalRes
Apr '22

They emit more radiation than the sun. Don’t do it.

emerald
Apr '22

Thanks emerald but that’s not what I asked

LocalRes LocalRes
Apr '22

Call them up
908-645-6333

I believe there is 1 bed and 2-3 standing tanning "beds".

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Apr '22

High school students can work out for free at Planet Fitness all summer:
https://www.pennlive.com/life/2022/05/high-school-students-can-work-out-for-free-at-planet-fitness-all-summer.html

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
May '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.