Gutter Cleaning

I see a forum topic on this from 2012 but thinking that is way outdated. I am looking for someone to clean the gutters on a scheduled basis for a historic home with a slate roof (steep pitch) and yankee gutters. Any recommendations?

JB400 JB400
Aug '19

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning, 800-542-0267, not cheap but has been around a long time and does a good job

eapos eapos
Aug '19

I used Ned Stevens once and never again .

janster janster
Aug '19

Do NOT use Ned Stevens. Don't even let them on your property.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Aug '19

Kody is great from Total Lawn & Tree In Washington!

Summer Summer
Aug '19

Janster and Reggie Because?

eapos eapos
Aug '19

What happened with Ned Stevens?

Told them that I wanted to be home when they came . I came home and the gutter was nailed up at a bad angle would not fix it and harassed me for payment!

janster janster
Aug '19

They didn't do what they were supposed to, and when I started asking the leader about it, he suddenly forgot how to speak English. So I called the company and got what seemed to be Sopranos HQ. Borderline scary and threatening. Then i realized that they know my address, so I just apologized and said bye.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Aug '19

once them once and will never use Ned Stevens again.

had a coupon for a low price but when the employee he got there he tried to explain to my wife there was an issue with our gutter and he had to do more work than expected. She couldn't understand a word he was saying so she said ok and then we got a bill for 5x more than what the coupon said we would get. he was on the roof for 10mins total so she had no clue what all this 'extra" work he had to do was and that it would cost 5x more than the coupon. shady business in my eyes.

Jim L Jim L
Aug '19

Maybe I was just lucky, they came cleaned the gutters and left with no problems (twice so far, 1 fall, 1 spring) we'll see!

eapos eapos
Aug '19

So who does a good job? I also need a small repair. Suggestions?

happiest girl
Nov '19

Been using Neds Gutter cleaning for 10 years. Never had a problem. Always on time and they do a great job.

Pat A Pat A
Nov '19

Bumping this up --- who do you use for gutter cleaning.
Price?
I had someone here who looked at the house but did not give me an exact price, just a wishy-washy answer. Don't understand that.

happiest girl
May '21

Bumping this up --- looking for recommendations for someone who cleans gutters and what they charge.
My husband can no longer do it.

happiest girl
Nov '21

I use Ned S cost is all on size of house - just call them and don’t waste your time looking else where

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Nov '21

Roff roofing cleaned our gutters . 150 dollars

Michael Michael
Nov '21

Any new recommendations for a local company to clean/remove leaves from gutters?

KMC77
Nov '22

John Roff roofing did ours!

I thought it was a father/son job.

ole' timer
Nov '22

“She couldn't understand a word he was saying so she said ok and then we got a bill for 5x more”

I guess she shouldn’t have agreed to work she didn’t understand. I’m not sure I’d blame the company/worker for that one, Jimmy.

Consigliere
Nov '22

Just called Roff Roofing. They’re not cleaning gutters anymore.

Ronnie Ronnie
Nov '22

RKB Painting in Belvidere just did our gutters. No complaints at all, fair pricing.

https://www.facebook.com/rkbpainting/

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Nov '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Gutter Cleaning
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.