Replacement Windows

we are looking to replace about 17 double hung windows. we want to use a high quality vinyl window, not something cheap and flimsy that's sold at home depot or lowes. anyone know of a solid company that serves our town?
we had window world in our old home but the windows leaked air so they arent a consideration.
thanks a bunch

BarbaraT BarbaraT
Jan '18

I heard on the radio this morning that a company called A.B.E. Doors and Windows out of Allentown, PA got rated #1 in a survey of the best companies in the Bethlehem, PA area. their ratings are 4-1/2 to 5 stars (out of 5).

Are there better ones around here I wonder? Once I read that a place on Sussex Turnpike in Randolph had a high-rated window company, New Jersey Siding & Windows, Inc. They have 4-5 stars also.

When you get price quotes, can you let us know who has better prices for a high-quality vinyl window, please?

Hackresident Hackresident
Jan '18

I’ve actually gotten price quotes from both ABE and NJ Siding. We chose ABE. NJ Siding was a little pushy with their in-home quote, however they have their own brand of windows which looked impressive. I just wasn’t ready to experiment with them for a patio door.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jan '18

We install Replacement Windows and use a variety of Window products. Please give us a call so we can speak with you about your options.

Applegate Construction is Fully Licensed and Insured. We offer free estimates. No job is to small or to big. We do everything from Additions, New Homes, Renovations, Basements, Interior and Exterior Finishes, Custom Carpentry, Masonry, Decks, Windows, Doors, Siding, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Tile and Much More. Give us a call and see what we can can do for you.
908-310-7348
www.applegateconstructionllc.com
www.facebook.com/Construction.Applegate

Rascal on the Mnt Rascal on the Mnt
Jan '18

Power WIndow's guaranteed for life!

Just me Just me
Jan '18

We had all of our windows replaced last August and used Power HRG. A lot of people don't like how long they have to suffer through a sales pitch to get to the quote, but I didn't mind it. Everything went so well the day they replaced everything and we love our new windows!

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
Jan '18

how much is a standard window and what is labor for each window?

Hackresident Hackresident
Jan '18

You CAN buy quality windows at HD and Lowe's. It's just a matter of choosing the right windows. They present a wide range of products, from several different brands.

However, my recommendation is that you do some research on the best windows and brands, and THEN see where you can get them for the best price. A quick Google search for the best vinyl replacement windows brings up this Consumer Reports article:

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/09/the-best-windows-from-consumer-reports-tests/index.htm

Once you find the windows you want, then look into finding a capable contractor to help measure and order them, then install them at a reasonable price.

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Jan '18

Re: Replacement Windows

Really depends on what you want. Potentially, there are two sides of this: material and install ---- and they don't have to come from one place.

If you have a good installer, what I did last time is go to Andersen on-line; used that and their marvelous 1-800 people to basically factory order a custom design. So many options ---- internal mullions, external, internal fixed, internal removable....

Take your time; there's all sorts of types, quality, construction, diy and vendor only, you name it. So go slow, point n click around, call 1-800 and ask questions --- reflect and try again. Took a few tries for me to start to focus in.

In the end I got clear lowers and Frank Lloyd Wright design uppers, but external removable mullions. IOW --- they look like internal from inside and I don't care what they look like from outside as most will view from inside.

Because I bulk ordered, had a nice Andresen discount to pass though (somehow that popped into the conversation), and just ordered them through BlueRidge. Ended up paying HD-like builder prices for almost-custom job. Then I built a box, banked em, and faked a bigger bay bench seated window box. But that's another story....

Took awhile to select but result was certainly worth it. Found lumber yards and "professionals" were wed to certain types and designs. I was not. Mine are kind of like this picture but my mullions are way cooler. Like ordering a car versus picking one off the lot.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Jan '18

All Season Windows # 908-343-474 , in i think Washington Township or Hackettstown, neighbor had around 15 double hung windows installed,exact same window as New jersey Siding and Window, triple pane windows everything included in the window and install was all inclusive. All Season was about close to 35% less than New Jersey siding & Window price, their best window. Beautiful window, great installation, great price with a transferable lifetime guarantee.

Go o Jefferson Lumber..see Ralph .
Caradco windows beat Anderson hands down.

Have them in one of my houses since the 80's without issue the best !

Steven Steven
Jan '18

We had all vinyl replacement windows from HD installed. Never again, they are drafty and were not cheap. Go with vinyl outside and wood interior for a better window! If you can go with "New" construction windows, even better.

4paws 4paws
Jan '18

My preference is for Pella except for casement windows which I prefer Anderson.

We used Window World about 3 years ago. Never had a problem. They look great, quick installation and guaranteed for life....both windows and screens.

Living life boldly.. Living life boldly..
Feb '18

Feel free to reach out to Boyd Contracting LLC to discuss the many options - always free estimates and over 15 years in the business local to warren county.

BoydContractingLLC BoydContractingLLC
Feb '18

we had our windows replaced by Castle Window over 10 years, they are life time guarantee. Our sidling door seal has broke where it gets all fogged up they came and replace the middle glass, no questions ask. My daughters window broke for no reason came and replaced it no charge. They might be a little more expense but worth it.

https://www.newjerseywindow.com/

Use this company and ask for Neil, he is the owner.
Last I heard, they offer free estimates..

He is a fair man, and they have a lifetime warranty on most of their windows.

Some w's are double or even triple-pane. so you will save on your energy costs immediately !

Joni Moore Joni Moore
Feb '18

Anyone have any recent suggestions. Some of the previous suggestions are not really local. Window World is in Frenchtown and All Seasons is in New Brunswick.

Anderson windows are the best call Bagnole contracting 201-704-3189

Also looking for updated recommendations.

4of4
Oct '19

Edited to add: I have lots of windows with broken seals/cloudy glass. Other than that, they're fine. Do they need to be replaced? Is there a company locally that can fix them?

Thank you.

4of4
Oct '19

IF you can find a glass company, you can pull the sashes, take em in and they can replace. Most window sashes, post the 80's, just snap in and out of place. That said, and given the time of year, you need to gauge the turnaround interval to bring em in and get em back. You might need something to cover window for 24-48 hours while it is repaired.

You also will need to select between the grades of glass: regular, low-e, argon gas, whatever the trend is. I just put in some low-e which supposedly are specifically designed for the northeast to lower heat in summer but take advantage in winter. Supposedly different spec from SEast Low-e which never takes advantage. Well, I have yet to see the advantage part, however it was measurably cooler in summer. But that's the tougher part. Pulling them and taking them in is literally a snap once you figure the first one out.

Trouble is now that Warren County Glass is retired, anyone know a great glass company to replace the glass? Anyone find someone to do glass and screen replacement?

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Oct '19

Matt’s Glass in Flanders on Rte. 206

Stymie Stymie
Oct '19

Anderson windows 400 series

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.