Aldi's

Does anyone know when Aldi's is opening?

Eye doctor
Jan '18

Where is this coming in?

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Jan '18

Where is it opening ?

Happymom Happymom
Jan '18

I heard that there was one opening on 22 out near P'burg.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '18

Getting it’s cousin LIdl too? They rock

Skippy Skippy
Jan '18

Yep Aldi's P'burg is hiring...

https://careers.aldi.us/job/phillipsburg/store-associate-and-shift-manager/61/6798512

This is what I found.

Full Time Store Associates
$12.70/hour plus a pay increase after 6 months of employment

Shift Managers
$16.95/manager hour worked
($12.70/hour plus $4.25/hour when performing manager duties)
Base rate will increase after 6 months of employment

We are hiring for our new store located in Phillipsburg, NJ.

Saturday, February 10, 2018
10:00am - 6:00pm

Phillipsburg Mall
1200 Route 22
Phillipsburg, NJ 08865

Technically, like most things in these parts, it's not actually in P'burg. I think it's Pohat, or Lopat, or Greenwich, or Alpha, or...... LMAO

I'm sure ianimal can tell us which.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '18

We have an Aldi's here in Rio Grande NJ and it is good. The sister store Lidl is in nearby Vineland. Fun to shop there.

Mansfield mama Mansfield mama
Jan '18

The existing Aldi's on Route 46 in Rockaway and on North Ninth in Stroudsburg are about the same distance as the Pburg Mall.

The Phillipsburg Mall is half in Lopatcong and half in Pohatcong.

Lidl currently has a site plan pending in Flemington Borough. They'll be knocking down the strip mall next to Wendy's at the Circle. The Wendy's is being demolished and reconstructed too.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '18

Word on the street is that there is a Lidl coming to Cedar Knolls.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '18

ianimal - In which half is the Aldi going? ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '18

Pohatcong, apparently (-;

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf/2017/07/shoppers_will_have_options_whe.html

ianimal ianimal
Jan '18

Actually, it's not going to be in the Pburg Mall at all. It's going to be between the Paymore and Shenanigans and the Walmart...

http://www.pohatcongtwp.org/_Content/pdf/minutes/2017-06-13-LUB-Minutes.pdf

They probably rented a space at Phillipsburg Mall just for the hiring process. Lord knows there's plenty of space available, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '18

Aldi in Flemington has been open since the fall- I went in there once, what a disaster! If you want knock off items packaged in name brand look alike packaging, you will love it.

Selection, almost none- I would honestly be afraid to buy some of the stuff just based on how it looked in their "produce" and "frozen" food areas, the temps were pretty warm.

I will be surprised if that location stays open a year- terrible store.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Jan '18

LOVE ALDI! Just stocked up at the one in Stroudsburg on Sunday. I have receipt as long as my arm for only $153.00 and that includes a lot of fresh veggies, organics and GF items :)

Also, there is a Lidl going in in The Burg as well, but who on earth knows when. That's the rumor though

weebiekins weebiekins
Jan '18

The old Hackettstown marshalls would be perfect for a aldi

Bug3
Jan '18

i also heard a Lidl is coming to PB

Eye doctor
Jan '18

I had never heard of Lidl, so I did a search. Looks like the Flemington plan was pulled.

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/flemington-slash-raritan/articles/lidl-supermarket-withdraws-plans-for-flemington-s

Aquarius Aquarius
Jan '18

i forgot to mention where the location (sorry)...P'Burg(next to walmart). i also heard there is a Aldi's coming to washington.

Eye doctor
Jan '18

Eye doctor, the store going next to Walmart is Aldi's, not Lidl.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '18

animal, yea i know that. I also heard there was a Lidl coming to P'Burg. when i started the topic from the beginning i forgot to mention where the location was. i was clearing that up. sorry for the confusion

Eye doctor
Jan '18

Aldi's could move into the old A&P building on rt31.

Jan '18

there is one that opened in Califon not long ago, where the A & P was

kerry O'Connell kerry O'Connell
Jan '18

It looks like the store in Califon an Aqui, not an Aldi's.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/aqui-market-califon?adjust_creative=bing&hrid=j3amWwuqIXdICFEZNbFI-w&utm_campaign=yelp_feed&utm_medium=feed_v2&utm_source=bing

Still looks interesting. I'll have to get over there some day and check it out.

Aquarius Aquarius
Jan '18

Mansfield mama, the A&P would be a good spot for the Aldi's...but, it's rumored possibly at the old Acme location on Rt. 57 next to cherrybrook or Possibly next to Tractor Supply.

Eye doctor
Jan '18

I heard it rumored that Aldi is looking at the A&P property on 46 in Belevidere. That would be their best bet IMO. There is nowhere out that way to shop for groceries at all.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '18

When was there an Acme near Cherrybrook?

ianimal ianimal
Jan '18

Shopping at Aldi is about as good as shopping at the Dollar Store for food. I hope a better chain comes to the former Belvidere A&P site.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Jan '18

Sounds good.

Jan '18

ianimal - Many years ago, there was an Acme in the plaza on the other side of 57 from the MVC.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '18

That's nowhere near Cherrybrook in Broadway, unless Cherrybrook moved?

ianimal ianimal
Jan '18

Cherrybrook moved from the Broadway location years ago to the old A&P plaza on 31 in Hampton. More recently, they moved to 57 near the MVC. You need to get east more often young man! LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '18

I head east quite often; I just avoid 57 through Washington like the plague. I always take Asbury-Anderson Road instead (-;

ianimal ianimal
Jan '18

Does anybody remember where the original MV location was in Washington? little off topic with this afternoon quiz...LoL

Eye doctor
Jan '18

Was MV in Star Plaza?

PT123 PT123
Jan '18

I think it was in the arctic foods building back in the early 80's

Bug3
Jan '18

Bug3 - yes it was.

You call that East huh........

I think you are ready for Great Lakes living. We have issues with direction as well. From Erie, it's East to Buffalo or West to Cleveland. The Lake is North. Well, sure, but it's NW, NE, W, and SW too.......

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Jan '18

PT123 has it right! it was located at the Star Plaza

Eye doctor
Jan '18

Store is opening in May..hurrah!

Shopper
Feb '18

thanks !
Also, there is an Aldi's in Easton, Pa. , if you take Freemansburg Avenue ; it takes you right there as well. Bring a quarter for the carts, though!

AJM, I have been there. Heard they remodeled

Shopper
Feb '18

Also, if I remember correctly, Aldi doesn't supply bags for your groceries, so bring those too.

Tracy Tracy
Feb '18

Beware!

https://techcrunch.com/2018/02/08/new-credit-card-skimmer-worked-in-plain-sight-at-aldi-stores/

scottso scottso
Feb '18

They do offer bags for sale 10¢ now if you forget your bags.

weebiekins weebiekins
Feb '18

Re: Aldi's

looks like its getting there

Eye doctor
Feb '18

I think Aldi 's is a nice store. I go to the one in Easton

Shopper
Feb '18

I agree wish a great supermarket would open in belvidere old a&p.

Being myself Being myself
Feb '18

The old A&P in Belvidere would be a great spot for a Aldi's. Belvidere residents and the surrounding area needs a grocery store.

Shopper
Feb '18

Does anyone know if the Philipsburg location opened? When I do a search of locations it is not listed. They were supposed to open in May.
Also, can anyone confirm if the rumors of a Washington location are true?

DOREEN DOREEN
Jun '18

We went to try Aldis in Phillipsburg yesterday but its not open. Went to Easton site. Was not impressed at all. Their salads were already brown looking, meat was higher then what I pay on sales. Did not know you have to pay for bags or bring your own. Still have to pay a quarter for a cart. They don't have a big selection of brands just theirs. What does everyone see in this store?

Christine Christine
Jul '18

WE NEED AN ALDI'S NEXT TO THE MOVIE THEATER !!!

Aldi's prices $ (not $$$ at Weiss. Shop Rite is $$).

Hackresident Hackresident
Jul '18

Re: Aldi's

Christine I made this salad every day for lunch for a week using only Aldi products. The baby spinach/arugula blend was even organic. Bought it Sunday, was still fresh for lunch on Saturday. Not to mention the sweet and delicious watermelon and pineapple. Long story short I came home with 3 huge bags of food including meats, frozen foods, fair trade coffee, fresh fruit, veggies and organic dairy products for about $65. Maybe try Stroudsburg or Rockaway. I've never had any of the pricing or freshness issues you experienced.

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Jul '18

Aldi,s are great stores, maybe not a big selection like Shop Rite and others, most prices are way lower, whats the big deal about a quarter for the carriage, you get it back when you return it, yea bring your bags, most people have the canvas ones, but there bags are dirt cheap.
Never had a problem with there meats, actually just as good and even better than other stores, Chicken tenders are a great price.
Lots of non food items are for sale there too, Milk real cheap,

Hillary
Jul '18

Hey,

Shoprite also charges a quarter to get a shopping cart.

I just hate that. Usually go to Weis.

mom with kids mom with kids
Jul '18

I just drove past the new Aldi's in Pohatcong/Pburg...Does anybody know when its opening? They had been saying July and still not open.

Any of the old A&Ps would be good for an Aldi’s. Or a Lidl.

1988LJ 1988LJ
Jul '18

Sheesh. I remember my old college town had an Aldi and, even as broke students, no one I knew would shop there. As TRA stated, I wouldn’t trust anything from Aldi.

Consigliere
Jul '18

mom with kids, it's only a charge if you don't return it.... so actually it's a deposit. Take the 30 sec required to return the cart and get your two bits back.....

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Jul '18

Yes get your quarter back so your cart doesn’t dent my car please

Ilikeflowers Ilikeflowers
Jul '18

Aldi's is cut rate, that is all.

I had heard the store was opening in July. Just drove by and still not open. I then was talking to someone near by and they had told me August 1,. Did anyone else hear this or just another rumor. When are you opening Aldi's ???????????????

Really jonesing for yet another convenience store huh? LOL

Seen one seen them all in my opinion. Except the one with the almighty Slurpee. That thing was heaven in a cup when I was young. It was also the most painful of brain freezes....LOL

Greg, nobody asked your opinion. LoL. The question was; When is the store opening? SLURP SLURP

"A n y..... D a y ....now! "

Embryodad Embryodad
Jul '18

Grand opening is set for August 16th...

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf/2018/07/phillipsburg-area_aldi_to_open.html

ianimal ianimal
Jul '18

Its about time

ALDI's is NOW OPEN! Yippee!

Google Raymour and Flanigan, it is right next to them on Rt 22 in Pburg- 08865

I go to the one in Pa or to the one in Rockaway. I think it is the best grocery store by far you get so much name brand stuff just with there name for a fraction of the price.

The Easy Going Guy The Easy Going Guy
Aug '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.