New gun store in town?

has anyone heard anything about a new gun store moving to hackettstown on main st.

erick erick
Dec '16

Did someone say gun store?

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '16

I hope this is true because I would like more local options and help support the local shops. Please keep us updated.

David T. David T.
Dec '16

Yes, Hackettstown Guns and Ammo could use some competition. Way overpriced.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '16

the thing in my head went off - I heard gun store

skippy skippy
Dec '16

On Main Street?
I heard that something was going in gun / ammo / hunting in Independence rt 46 & Alphano road.....

wbeleno wbeleno
Dec '16

I asked at the BID board meeting tonight and they didn't know anything about a gun store opening up in town. Sorry if I busted anyone's joy. Lol

Jim L Jim L
Dec '16

If it is in Indeoendence or mansfield the bid wont know about

Bhavik Wine Country Bhavik Wine Country
Dec '16

You did! I was so hoping to have a new shop to go buy my guns and ammo for the bear hunt. Darn!!

A good day
Dec '16

We need a store around here that stocks reloading supplies so I don't have to pay crazy hazmat fees! And fine shotguns. Maybe I'll open one!

LJRubi LJRubi
Dec '16

hello Hackettston.. this Walt from Hackettstown Guns & Ammo .. to give you a little heads up .. I'm in the process of Purchasing The old Bach Drug store across for my store now 11,000 sq ft. My plans are to open up there in the future .. as you know things take time to get done . but i plan on having everything Hunting fishing Bow, Bait , clothing, hunting clothing .. and maybe the best thing a shooting Range in the basement .. but this will take time and money and the approval from Hackettstown .. the closing is in the next few week and i will let you know whats happening as time goes on .. for those who think my prices are too high .. i'n not sure where your shopping .. it not at my store! .. but never the less i will do my best to meet your shooting need s..Walt

walter sevensky walter sevensky
Dec '16

any clue as to when you will be moving to your new location?

ramone michaels ramone michaels
Dec '16

To do all that at a new location it will take some time. An indoor range would be awesome.

BTW I have been to the indoor range but does NJ have any long ranges near Hackettstown? I'm looking to practice my marksmanship any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Dtejada Dtejada
Dec '16

I would just like to add..I've shopped at Hackettstown guns and ammo for years now. I have purchased almost all of my guns in my LARGE collection from walt. They have the BEST prices in the area, Best service, and will always work with you to FIND exactly what you are looking for. If he does not have it in store he can 100% get it. I've been to all the gun shops around this area and all of them are much higher in price than Hackettstown gun and ammo. IF YOU NEED ANYTHING FIREARM RELATED I HIGHLY SUGGEST GOING TO HACKETTSTOWN GUNS AND AMMO.

Ricky Ricky
Dec '16

Dtejada & others

Cobra One Tactical in Independence has an 250 yard outdoor range - give them a call for info and to make an apt to practice your marksmanship - 908-637-8838

Great instructor (ask for Larry Aiello) there too if you want to learn about firearms and handling them safely -
NO, I don't work there, but have been working with Larry for 1 1/2 years - I now have 2 pistols / love shooting and know that I am doing it safely.

Wendy

wbeleno wbeleno
Dec '16

I can still remember when the basement of that building was the toy department for JJ Newberry.

hktownie hktownie
Dec '16

hey Ramone .. your the best

I'm confused - are you buying the building where Exit Realty is or the old Newberry's? The former was Bach's Drugs and the latter was Bach's Surgical...

Grizzly Adams
Dec '16

Grizzly its very obvious the Old Newberrys! Its for sale and not occupied as the EXIT Realty is an up and running business.

Christine Christine
Dec '16

Awesome News Walt!

This will be a great improvement for Hackettstown and a great space for you to showcase your products.

I have shopped at a few gun stores in NJ and Walter has a nice selection in store (I have purchased 2 off the rack), Walt was also able to special order what I was looking for when it was not in stock and all at very competitive prices. Great merchant to have in town!

Greg L Greg L
Dec '16

Wasn't obvious to me - the Lynch Building is always for sale and Newberrys still has at least 1 tenant I believe. Also he did say Drug, which was never in the JJN Building.

Will the Sporting goods store take up the whole main floor?

Grizzly Adams
Dec '16

Walt has definitely the best prices around, many shops have opened around the area and Walt's prices have been able to stay below the competition. Like another poster said, I have also purchased most of my guns at his store due to his pricing, patience and willingness to buy a product if he doesn't have it in stock. I believe the new store will attract more customers and if a range opens up, his business will definitely increase.

Tony A Tony A
Dec '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.