Taste of Italy

I see they had their grand opening, has anyone been there yet?

Iluvsnow
Oct '16

Shouldn't it have been a "Grande" opening?

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '16

Got delivery this weekend there and two of the three subs ordered weren't what we asked for and the one meatball sub was not impressive. Will not be rushing back anytime soon, although the person that answered the phone and delivered was very friendly.

Kay85 Kay85
Oct '16

Did you call and tell them two of the three were not what you ordered?

kb2755 kb2755
Oct '16

I've had 3 meals there so far. Well above average. And really nice dining room. Pretty reasonable. Didn't know they were BYOB but A&P liquors is right next door.

FeedMe FeedMe
Oct '16

Must eat out a lot, they have only been open a week.

kb2755 kb2755
Oct '16

LOL kb2755.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

Not overly impressed at all.

kikinj kikinj
Oct '16

I have not been there , But - I have read the menu. It is to me the most interesting Italian menu in the area. I will have dinner there in the next week or so. Just based on the menu, I wish them great success!

Leonard Hunt Leonard Hunt
Oct '16

Two lunches, one dinner, kb. You need to get out.

FeedMe FeedMe
Oct '16

Sorry, work in the City and can't make it back for lunch. Glad you enjoyed it and will wait a few weeks so they can work out any kinks that arise when one opens a new restaurant.

kb2755 kb2755
Oct '16

Hope you like it there. Nice people.

FeedMe FeedMe
Oct '16

Ate ther Friday night... Food was very good... Prices were very reasonable...we will be going back...

Mr. tone Mr. tone
Oct '16

Went tonight with the whole family, they still have the hangar steak and crack potatoes from Prickly Pear! So delicious! As was the seafood pizza with white sauce, the hot antipasto platter and Joe's calamari salad! Best Italian food in Hackettstown by far!!!

Kimmie
Oct '16

Great to hear !! Good luck Joe and Linda !! I cannot wait to have food from there soon !!

LittleRascal LittleRascal
Oct '16

Restaurant is owned and operated by Louis Martinez! Great food at an excellent price.. So happy to finally have a reasonably priced restaurant in the area..

mustknowitall mustknowitall
Oct '16

Does anybody who posts on HL know, definitively, if Joe and Linda are involved as owners or otherwise in the new restaurant in Patriot's Plaza, "Taste of Italy?" Thank you

MrsPipes MrsPipes
Oct '16

It is one of their chefs that opened up the restaurant and is the owner of Taste of Italy. That being said I was told Joe was "helping" him with opening it but I don't know what capacity so I would say it's more of a new restaurant rather than Prickly Pear 2.0

Jim L Jim L
Oct '16

Tried it on Saturday night. Good food, good prices and you can't beat BYOB.. We will be back.

Again Good Luck Joe and Linda !!!!

Oct '16

It was stated that the owner is Louis Martinez, not the former Prickly Pear owners.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

I realize that but I would like to wish Joe and Linda Good Luck !! Is that OK ?

Oct '16

LR - I thought you might have missed the post above about the owner.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

Yes, good luck to them, but what about the gift certificates that were sold and now are not valid? Do people have a recourse?

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Oct '16

Which Gift Certificates are you referring to?

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Oct '16

CBB - One would assume Nature Lover's GCs are for Prickly Pear.

The new place, which is not owned by the former Prickly Pear owners but a former employee, wouldn't have anything to do with those GCs and would not have to honor them.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

Nature Lover is talking about Linda and Joe. What are they doing about the gift certificates and not the new owners/restaurant.

Haha1
Oct '16

Correct ...I know nothing to do with the new place, just wonder what recourse people have if they have gift certificates or signed up and paid for cooking classes? Just bad business in J and L's part.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Oct '16

Was not impressed. I ordered a meatball parm. Eggplant parm and the spaghetti with clams. I waited 20 min for the order and another 15 min in line waiting for my food that was sitting on the counter behind the cashier. So by the time I got home my food was cold. The women could not figure out the register and had to look up the prices on the menu.

Pitbulllover4life Pitbulllover4life
Oct '16

Nature Lover - Thanks for clarifying. If you used a credit card, you may have recourse there. Otherwise, you might be SOL.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

Why is calico such a bully on these forums? I would ask if making complaints about bullies on here is possible but why bother when calico would just matter-of-factly degrade me on instructions on how to do so, sounds like calico needs real hobbies/interests

lolhahalol lolhahalol
Oct '16

Calico a bully? I think not.

John C John C
Oct '16

Calico is not a bully. She is a nice person with lots of interests. I have known her for at least 9 yrs.

Mansfield mama Mansfield mama
Oct '16

Tbh a lot of these good reviews seem like they have some vested interest in the matter

Well then Well then
Oct '16

My apologies, calico is a troll rather. She's one of those users who turns every post into something negative

lolhahalol lolhahalol
Oct '16

Yes, every post I make is negative. Sigh...

At least I don't change my screen name.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

I totally agree with lolhahalol

putty777
Oct '16

And another name changer.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

I not a name changer.i have never posted on here at all.i just happen to agree with lolhahalol.

putty777
Oct '16

We have been there twice. Once to eat in and the other to pick up pizza. Let me begin by stating that I have no vested interest in this restaurant. By far the best pizza I have ever, ever eaten. Thin and crispy crust just unbelievable. So good we went back twice in the same week. PLEASE...Don't turn this thread into something negative for this new business that is a gem. I don't know these owners from Adam....Taste of Italy wish you great success.

JJill
Oct '16

Tried it out today. Was very satisfied with the food. Will return or order out. Owner was very nice as well.

Well then Well then
Oct '16

I like the name, yet to visit though...

I looked at the menu online, and I am actually very excited to try this restaurant out. They have some great things on their menu and the prices are great.

htownlifer htownlifer
Oct '16

Have gone to this restaurant 3 time with my wife. We were actually the first people to eat there the Monday night they opened. The food has been very consistent and good. The wait staff is very friendly and helpful. The issue we have is with the hostess (why they need one at all is the question). We have found her to be very rude each time and seems to not care if you eat there or not. We got so mad at her attitude last night we left. Hopefully the owner addresses this.

Rangeley Noy Rangeley Noy
Oct '16

My wife and I enjoyed lunch here today and we will definitely be going back. She had the vegetable panini, I had a broccoli rabe side and the hangar steak sandwich. All excellent, good sized portions and reasonably priced. Staff was friendly and attentive. Great that Hackettstown has another superior dining alternative. Hope they succeed!

Yankeefan Yankeefan
Oct '16

got take out from there last night, food was good and prices reasonable.

tigermom
Oct '16

Today was my birthday and despite original plans to go elsewhere...decided to try Taste Of Italy. I am so glad that we did. The hostess (and our waitress) named Terry was very hospitable. We wanted to get the Hangar Steak (as it was on the menu at Prickly Pear) but they were out of that so instead my husband got the Talapia and Shrimp dinner and I got a Veal dish. Both were absolutely excellent. My husband is tough when it comes to food but he said he would definitely be back to have that entrée again. We had the cheesecake for dessert and that also was very good. Brought our own wine to have a birthday toast too. All in all...a perfect birthday dinner and local as well. And...it didn't break the bank when we got our check! We wish this new restaurant the very best....if they continue with the service and the excellent food....they will be just fine!!

Joyful Joyful
Oct '16

Was trying to find a menu online- they have it on their facebook page. We will try them out this week!

hktownie hktownie
Oct '16

We just tried Taste of Italy last night for the first time and can't wait to go back again! First, the balsamic vinaigrette dressing for the salad was delicious as was the bread which was very similar to the consistency of garlic knots without the garlic. I had the hangar steak with tuscan potatoes, both of which were very bit as wonderful as they were at Prickly Pear. My husband got linguini with white claim sauce that I tasted & was also excellent. If the owners keep up this level of deliciousness and keep the prices the way they are, this restaurant is bound for success and will be our new go-to restaurant from now on.

marciew marciew
Nov '16

I had two slices yesterday day for lunch, staff was very friendly & enthusiastic. Slices were quite large, but average in taste. Nothing special

I will try a sandwhich next time, or an entree for take away for dinner.

Weedwacker Weedwacker
Nov '16

I had Linguine with white clam sauce and my companion had the chicken Marsala over pasta, both were outstanding! The salads were great. I will be back!

Walker Walker
Nov '16

A thread about a new restaurant turns into a name calling thread. Only on HL smh

This is.............Hackettstown Life

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Nov '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.