Mattress disposal?

I am going to be purchasing a new mattress soon, but i have no idea how or where to dispose of the old one

Could that just be taken to the landfill in Oxford?

Melissa Melissa
Sep '16

Yes you can. We just purchased new mattresses and the delivery men simply took the old ones. We purchased from Sleepy's.

We just had a new mattress delivered, and the delivery crew told us that, because of the recent boom in bed bugs, they are specifically prohibited from taking old mattresses back into the truck with new ones.

If Sleepy's makes it a policy to put old in with new, I wouldn't want to be the guy getting the last delivery of the day, after my mattress sat in the truck with all the old ones.

JerryG JerryG
Sep '16

Sleepy's put mine in a plastic bag before it left the house.

Old Gent Old Gent
Sep '16

Sleepys took our old one but they wrapped in and tapped it up in the packaging from the new one before they left the house

Alright that doesnt answer my question though. If they dont take my mattress, where can i dispose of it on my own?

Melissa Melissa
Sep '16

Melissa Greg answered your question right after your question.

Yes you can

Christine Christine
Sep '16

Landfill in Oxford (White). Won't cost much.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Sep '16

Does anyone know of an organization I can donate a used queen sized mattress to? I'd rather it not go to the landfill if I can prevent it. There's no interest in freecycle, as I've already tried that.

jrsemom jrsemom
Dec '16

We donated one to the Salvation Army store on Mountain Ave. It has to be in good shape.....no rips or stains.

Mariann Mariann
Dec '16

A queen sized? I just read online that they will only take twin and double.

jrsemom jrsemom
Dec '16

Jrsemom, it was a twin. I didn't realize they didn't take anything larger than a double.

Mariann Mariann
Dec '16

Thanks anyway

jrsemom jrsemom
Dec '16

You can take it to Oxford.
On a side note, I would NEVER buy from Sleepy's again! Got royally screwed for a piece of crap that neither they or the Mattress company would make good on.

4paws 4paws
Dec '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.