Burger King Closing?

Does anyone know if the Burger King on Mountain Ave is for sale?There were 2 men there today doing a survey and also taking pictures of the whole property.Said they were doing survey and boss wanted detailed photos. no further clarification.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '16

I believe they are still owned by Harvey Management, as is the Washington one too. Not sure what is happening.

Mansfield mama Mansfield mama
Aug '16

They are building a Roy Rodgers there. Roy Rodgers was going to go by Tap House and Piggys but the parking is horrible there so they decided on Mtn Ave instead.

Hot under the collar
Aug '16

Would love a Roy Rogers. It's my favorite.

Mom with Kids Mom with Kids
Aug '16

So is Burger King leaving or are they building a Roy Rodgers where the old White Castle was?

Aug '16

The last time we were there pretty much the same thing was going on. We were speaking with the people taking the pictures and they told us that most of the Burger King and McDonald restaurants are in the process of renovation and updating the interiors and exteriors of their establishments.. Have a feeling this might be the case here as well..

Joyful Joyful
Aug '16

Thanks Joyful. Yes. Both could use a renovation.

Aug '16

Mansfield mama - it's all over other threads, but the old White Castle is AutoZone. Wendys went through a big revamp for an updated look. McD and BK are trying to keep up. Roy Rogers is in decline, they're closing stores instead of opening them.

Roy's is expanding. Just opened in Flemington & Sussex County.

Hot under the collar
Aug '16

Roy Rodgers now is owned by a new corporation. New stores have been opened in Flemington and Franklin (Sussex County) and one just approved in Hampton (Sussex County) to open 2017.

John C John C
Aug '16

Can we get Cactus Jack's back, instead? They had the worst location--but, damn, they had awesome fries and shakes!

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Aug '16

Thanks for the updates.

Aug '16

Nothing on the Roy Rogers Web site about a coming soon to Hackettstown. I'm just going to call Burger King to stop or confirm the rumor mill.

The Roy Rogers in Raritan Township (Flemington-ish) was a failed KFC. This would fit their current business model of scooping up buildings from failed competitors and rebranding them.

ianimal ianimal
Aug '16

JerseyWolf, We loved Cactus Jacks too. Miss the good and the real milkshakes.

Aug '16

Burger King said no, they are not changing hands. Sometimes it just takes a call, tho a Roy's would have been cool.

Shame, Roy Rogers would have been nice. Seems like someone should write a nicely-worded letter to Roy Roger's corporate asking for a location around here.

1988LJ 1988LJ
Aug '16

I want a chick fil a

yay1988
Aug '16

Didn't there used to be one by where ruby Tuesday's is?

Arby's is by ruby tuesdays

Bug3
Aug '16

There used to be one in Ledgewood.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Aug '16

What makes you think that the person you spoke to at BK even knows what is going on or was told to say NO about changing hands. I think they are out because every time I go by BK the parking lot is just about empty!

LittleRascal LittleRascal
Aug '16

The Mountain Ave. BK is so outdated, it wouldn't surprise me if their food prep isn't up to par either. After going to the one up on the hill for so long, the food was kind of weird tasting on Mountain Ave when I went last.

If Roy Rogers comes to town, I hope they re-locate Sour Shoes to work at this one (Stern fans will get the reference nointy noin point noin %).

Schmedley Wilcox Schmedley Wilcox
Aug '16

Just found out today by someone that works there. They are going to build a new location by Piggies.

Charlene Charlene
Aug '16

@littlerascal: making a call is more confirmation than what's been a guessing game here. I also went to the Roy Rogers corporate site and the only one in the works is planned for Maryland.

I'm not taking the person who answered at BK at face value but i figured a call outside HL couldn't hurt.

Anybody have contacts with the hackettstown planning board ?..they SHOULD know

Bug3
Aug '16

Hit 'em with the Hein.

not sack
Aug '16

No Roy Rodgers plans for mountain Ave. nothing has come before the planning board.

Darwin Darwin
Aug '16

BK in Hackettstown does a good business and their food prep quality is better than some of the newly renovated ones I've been to in nearby towns recently (Newton and Ledgewood). Hopefully they are just measuring to do modernization/renovations so people are more inclined to go inside instead of just going through the drive-through. But if they build a new one by Piggy's, I'll have to bypass Hackettstown for my fast-food dining. All the good/bad food will then be in Mansfield: BK, Taco Bell, and Arby's. I'll just have to go downtown and start eating better food at Mezza, Topo, Pandan, etc. if that's the situation.

Wendy Wendy
Aug '16

Many of these renovations end up being a complete tear-down and build which can take months to complete. Doing a survey before this type of operation would be standard operating procedure.

Also, if that is what may be planned for the site, while the store can try to accommodate workers at other nearby locations, in most cases workers may be out of work until the store is completed. Because of this, any plans may be kept close to the vest until the demo work is ready to begin.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Aug '16

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-it-costs-to-open-a-chick-fil-a-2016-6

How much it costs to open a Chick-Fil-A.

Ed the newbie Ed the newbie
Aug '16

D-Man, I can understand a survey for renovations, but all the photos seemed odd. They took several pictures on each side of the view from the parking lot, including across the street. That seemed more like a sale thing.

Dansker Dansker
Aug '16

October 25, 2016 Planning board agenda. 7:30pm

Case #16-03, Medexpress Urgent Case, NJ-PC
Block 127, Lot 15.01
228 Mountain Ave (aka Burger King location)

Jim L Jim L
Oct '16

So, for those who haven't heard, Burger King's last open day will be January 8th. Get your Whoppers while you can!

NightHawk NightHawk
Jan '17

So much for the new one in Mansfield

Bug3
Jan '17

I never eat there but I will miss that aroma of grilling burgers on the air when I go to the bank :-)

hktownie hktownie
Jan '17

1988, there's a Burger King five minutes up the mountain.

Tracy Tracy
Jan '17

Will there be a replacement? I'm hoping for Roy Rogers or maybe Long John Silvers.

1988LJ 1988LJ
Jan '17

There are approved plans for a urgent care

Darrin Darrin
Jan '17

Oh man, please have a Roy Rogers come to town.

Dancicus Fighticus Dancicus Fighticus
Jan '17

1988LJ it is going to be a MedExpress Urgent Care center

Jim L Jim L
Jan '17

Do you know when they will be staarting constrction? I am frantically trying to trap the last of my TNR cats before I can't get back there to feed them.

Dansker Dansker
Jan '17

Glad there closing, worst crap you can eat .

Oh well. I'm happy there will be a replacement but unfortunately I don't have much use for an urgent care. That and Autozone, Mountain Avenue is losing restaurants like nobody's business...

1988LJ 1988LJ
Jan '17

Anyone else remember going to that Burger King, in the early '80s, for a sit-down type dinner. You ordered at the counter, sat down and were brought your meal on actual dishes - not paper or cardboard. One of the meals was meatloaf, veg. and mashed potatoes, I believe. There were about 5 different meals available and were served during 5-7 dinner time. The place still looks the same as it did back then, maybe it should have been updated a bit.

justwondering justwondering
Jan '17

How "Dirty King" stayed open that long in that spot should be investigated and used in a business plan for staying open years without any quality, cleanliness or customers.

I can't say I ever saw more than a few cars in the parking lot at one time.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Jan '17

Guess the area can't be referred to as "Fast Food Alley" any longer. Sad for all the fast food junkies.

Does anyone know when parking lot will be closed? Have been trying to trap last of my TNR cats there. before I can't get in for feeding. She is not cooperating yet and I do not breathe well (still working on getting on a lung transplant list). I am there 2x a day but need to be close to her as I can only walk 15-20 feet , maybe.

Dansker Dansker
Jan '17

I truly believe that curb appeal can affect your business. It could have hurt Burger King. Their parking lot was always full of pot holes with poorly marked parking spaces. When you drove in you felt the place was uncared for and therefore maybe the food was not good either. McDonalds parking lot is getting the same way. If the lot is paved and the spots are marked properly you feel the place is fresh and new without your even going inside. First impressions count a lot.
Now, explain to me how KFC stays in business. They seem to have far less customers than even BK.

JBJSKJ JBJSKJ
Jan '17

Chickfila.

mohepinoke mohepinoke
Jan '17

Dankster, if there is anything I can do to help you trap her send me an e-mail.

Dansker, I was wondering what would happen to the cats. I hope you don't have too much more trouble catching the last one.

Wendy Wendy
Jan '17

Dansker, any chance of getting in touch with animal control or an animal welfare organization to help you? It sounds like you are going above and beyond, but could use a hand to catch that last kitty. I'm not well versed in TNR, but I did hear that Oxford/Washington has a new animal control officer. His name is Robert, and the number according to the facebook post is 908-763-5035. Thank you for caring about these cats.

Dansker, unfortunately I don't have that information right now. I'll do my best to find out, though

NightHawk NightHawk
Jan '17

She is very stubborn, but I have trapped her before for vet care etc. Have cared for that colony 22 years. Unfortunately, people often dump their cats. Can't tell you how many have been left there over the years, even unweaned babies. She showed up about 11 - 12 years ago. Tried relocating her and the last original to my garage after Hurr Irene, hoping they would stay around after release, but I live too close and they knew the way between me and colony. She almost went into trap yesterday,ate right in doorway.Back again today around 10. Betty and Gary Wysocki were reliable, and Kim seems good. Have to be very careful with animal control, some are not.

Dansker Dansker
Jan '17

@KJ, can you kindly provide a link to the Facebook post regarding the new aco for Washington/Oxford?

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jan '17

If people are back there she gets spooked and won't let me near her. Otherwise she is semi feral only, and will let me touch her, brush her and get frontline on her, as long as i move slowly

Dansker Dansker
Jan '17

I don't really eat that stuff anymore, but I have always loved their Original Chicken Sandwiches, which are 2 for $5 right now... JUNK food at it's finest LOL. And yes, there's a BK 5 minutes away on top of the hill.

The new Taco Bell seems to be busy all the time; I wonder if McDonald's is in any financial "danger"? Probably not, they're still the biggest fast food chain around.

There's a new ORGANIC fast food place starting up...wonder if it will fly...

http://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/lines-door-nations-first-organic-drive-thru-restaurant.html?t=JERF

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jan '17

3wb - You can contact Robert here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1523569211194460/

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '17

Where exactly is the B King 5 min away on top of the hill, what hill?

eapos eapos
Jan '17

eapos - The 46 hill. The other BK is right at Naughright and 46 in front of where A&P was.

Well I don't mind the BK closing. I will not go anymore. Beside it seeming to be dirty, got sick on their food twice. First time I wasn't sure but second time it was definitely their food.

KathyKay KathyKay
Jan '17

Thank you, Calico!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jan '17

Is it closed yet?

Bug3
Jan '17

It's going to be an urgent care??? Why??? There's one less than a mile up the road (by quick check). Who decides on these things?? I don't understand the logic.

Laughalittle Laughalittle
Jan '17

The owners of the urgent care decide. And what's up the road isn't really urgent care. It's just doctors that will take you without an appointment, they're not open 24 hrs etc.

There is an urgent care in the mall across from the Honda dealer.

urgent care
Jan '17

I noticed on the way into work that they took the sign down already. No Hackettstown BK, no Leo's, no place left to get a good cheap burger in town.

Wendy Wendy
Jan '17

I don't agree with that! Try Tony's Luncheonette right on RT.57 across from Bottle King. He has been there forever and is a classic hometown joint.

Or C&L, The Grove, and Sub Shack. Plenty of good reasonably priced burgers, all better than BK, McD, and Wendy's.

Sub Shack!!!!!

skippy skippy
Jan '17

I think that new Muncheez place, once it opens, is going to have burgers too. Add it to the list.

Jan '17

The new place on Main is going to be called "Monchy's".

I knew it wasn't a traditional spelling, thanks for the correction. I'm excited for that place to open, in addition to the new cafe on Main. Wish we had an Indian restaurant and a good, local pizza joint too. Lots of great choices on Main Street though as it is.

Jan '17

Isn't the urgent care across from the Honda dealership closed or going to be closing soon?

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Jan '17

That location is open but no longer an urgent care facility.

We just discovered Tony's in the last year and...... Wow what a great place. I take my daughter there all the time and the food is amazing!!

JD4020 JD4020
Jan '17

Just passed the Burger King location. Signs are down.

Jonathan Stone Jonathan Stone
Jan '17

I love the Belly Buster Breakfast Sandwich at Tony's. Also great hotdogs.

Jan '17

another doctors office.... geeze. we need variety here. might as well open up another pharmacy too.

fed up in htown
Jan '17

Hopefully they do not open another business that we have just 1-2 miles from that location... ie: Auto Zone - Advanced Auto Parts...let's keep it as it was known .:FAST FOOD ALLEY...

To HELL WITH ROY ROGERS;find somebody who'll renovate BK; I've loved that damn place for 40 yrs since I been here

charlie charlie
Jan '17

sorry Charlie and crp but the decision was made months ago. that site will be a MedExpress Urgent Care facility.

Jim L Jim L
Jan '17

Someone on facebook posted that the KFC is being taken down with the burger king for the urgent care. Does anyone know is this true? Haven't been over that way to check for signs.

Sunshine Sunshine
Jan '17

Sunshine - Everyone knows KFC is going down for the Golden Corral. I repeat, the new Olive Garden has been confirmed. Someone talked to the guy across the street and **HE KNOWNS**. ;-)

I hope you're kidding about Olive Garden! I would love a Red Robin though.

Jan '17

Sorry GC but you're wrong. It is going to be a Wegman's. My sister's cousin's best friend's boyfriend said so. It's most definitely going to be a Whole Foods. I have confirmation from a reliable source that I am not allowed to mention that it's going to be Trader Joes.

jrsemom jrsemom
Jan '17

Dancicus Fighticus - It's an on going HL meme from an old thread. Someone positively was so sure a rumor was correct because the confirmation came from a business across the street. When the rumor was proven wrong, the business was asked the source of their info and they said "HL".

No Sunshine that is not true. The urgent care is just going on the Burger King lot.

Jim L Jim L
Jan '17

Would love a Five Guys closer than Flemington, Denville or the hard to get to one in the Rockaway Mall. I bet where that one is, is a great business location for them but unless you're already there to shop in that strip mall or go to the theater, it's impossible to get in and out of with the traffic.

Markus H Markus H
Jan '17

Oh ok. Based on the rest of the thread, i figured i was missing some inside joke. I'm a relative newbie here. Only a year in town so far.

Jan '17

Caught the cat. She is safely in my home albeit not pleased at the moment.

Dansker Dansker
Jan '17

Great to hear that you caught the cat.

Jan '17

Thank you Jim.

Sunshine Sunshine
Jan '17

To the person who trashed the little houses by Burger King in the past few days...what an evil mindless deed. That area has been a place of love, compassion and sacrifice for over 20 years.As the cat population decreased, other woodland creatures sought shelter from the weather there. What purpose did damaging the houses serve? What goes around, comes around, so I am sure your behavior will follow you.

Dansker Dansker
Jan '17

Dansker- I have a great little house I built a few years back. I live very close to the colony as well. I'd be happy to bring it over to the site if you like. It is 2 feet wide by 3 feet long and about 2 -1/2 feet high. It has a pitched shingle roof that is removable. It basically looks like a dog house. I had it for some critters that roam around my property as well. I will be back in the area today around 5:00PM.
Let me know.

Dansker the BK site is set to be demolished very soon. Not just the building but the entire site. Perhaps whoever broke the homes did so because they don't want animals on the site during demo?

Jim L Jim L
Jan '17

Reason and Logic have nothing to do with the way people act about animals around here.

The_Bishop The_Bishop
Jan '17

What do you mean, The Bishop? You don't think it's perfectly normal to hold a candlelight vigil for a pit bull who was euthanized after mauling and severely injuring another dog?

From: http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/easton/index.ssf/2017/01/pet_shelter_bans_7_volunteers.html#incart_river_home

"Seven volunteers at the Center for Animal Health and Welfare have been banned from their roles, over criticism of the decision to euthanize a dog involved in a vicious attack.

The volunteers are not letting go of the memory of Oreo, the pit bull mix who broke free during a walk outside the Williams Township shelter and mauled a 7-year-old beagle named Penny. A Facebook page has been set up to commemorate Oreo, and a candlelight vigil is scheduled for later this month in Easton's Centre Square."

ianimal ianimal
Jan '17

Jim, Homes were set back in the woods. In the 20m+ years I've been back there, have been destroyed before, and in previous years, poison (antifreeze) had been put out. Had to really look to even see houses.

Dansker Dansker
Jan '17

we need a place like tonys tea cup from p burg or even or that old orange pit burgar place where river star is

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Jan '17

I'm praying to my lord and savior Jesus Christ that they put in a pizza place or nail salon.

FredFinger FredFinger
Jan '17

I Vote Chick Fil a also, they are one of the best fast food restaurants. They are extremely clean, and their service and products are great.

Re: Burger King Closing?

I went by today, and was shocked to see BK closed! I know there is still one in Phillipsburg area. I never expected to see one here gone! I go by Hackettstown every week or so. Sad to see it go. I took picks!

Jilly Jilly
Jan '17

Jilly-there is a Burger King up on top of the mountain, (Rt.46) in Mount Olive. 5 minutes away.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Jan '17

Saw in another thread that a Dr's Office is going in where the Burger King was -- is this true? Was hoping for something interesting....

trekster3- trekster3-
Jun '17

A MedExpress Urgent Care is going in the old Burger King lot

Jim L. Jim L.
Jun '17

Whatever happened to the Mansfield Burger King rumour?

Bug3
Jun '17

Those postings were from almost a year agi, any updates since then?....something is coming up and I heard it was a bank, can anyone confirm this?

Goldfish Goldfish
Jun '17

Goldfish - That is entirely wrong. Jim L's post was from a week ago and is correct. It's going to be urgent care.

see, it could also be a blood bank. :)

I think that it will become a chik-fil-a there is not one close and I need one if they don't put one I'm moving to pburg so they don't put a chik-fil a you won't see me near the hackettstown area again

Jaedon Jaedon
Jul '17

Was told its a medical building.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Jul '17

Looks like a Chick Fil A or BK

BobbieJ BobbieJ
Jul '17

there is really no reason to guess what it may be. It is a MedExpress Urgent Care.

Jim L. Jim L.
Jul '17

Was really hoping it was going to be a Buffalo Wild Wings. Still waiting for one to open in Hackettstown

Meghan
Jul '17

I heard a medical building, but the shape of the building suggests another fast food chain. Maybe the town wised up and figured when the medical facility goes out of business they can do a quick convert to a fast food place.

Mickey Mickey
Jul '17

BDubs needs a liquor license and I don't believe Hackettstown has any available. Don't hold your breath waiting for one to open up in town. Maybe they can knock down Ruby Tuesdays in Mansfield and put one there...

ianimal ianimal
Jul '17

Jaedon,

What I would give up for a Chick-Fil-A around the area. Absolutely my favorite place and it sucks only getting to go to the Easton or P-Burg one like 2 or 3 times a year since I'm rarely out in that direction.

EatMorChikin
Jul '17

The dinner baskets at BK were early 90's. 1993 or 94. The stuff was pretty good. Steak and shrimp baskets.

Nathan Nathan
Aug '17

I used to work at the Washington BK from 1992 to 1997. I remember serving those baskets and we had a popcorn machine and patrons got to nibble on popcorn as they waited. We also tried selling frozen yogurt and ice cream in cones and dishes. That lasted about 1 year. Interesting job. I did every job as a closer. Luckily I wasnt working when they got robbed.

Aug '17

They are putting a Chick-Fil-A in Columbia near the McDonalds also a Starbucks

Delaware Gap Travel Plaza
29 Simpson Road
Columbia, NJ 07832

It is DEFINITELY a new Urgent Care Called Medexpress

Bosco Bosco
Aug '17

Called my primary Dr. this morning for appointment and he is away until Christmas..His back up Dr. is in Newton...Has anyone tried the new Urgent Care place on Mountain Avenue yet? And if so, do you just walk in without appointment?

joyful joyful
Dec '17

Joyful- i dont think you need an appointment. Would call to make sure though

Flower689 Flower689
Dec '17

Thanks, Flower689....Good suggestion..

joyful joyful
Dec '17

Med Express is an urgent care facility. They are open from 8-8, with no appointment necessary. (Per their web site).

JBJSKJ JBJSKJ
Dec '17

Thanks, JBJSKJ...
Been trying to call but keep getting busy signal. Will just go there then...

joyful joyful
Dec '17

Let us know your outcome!

Flower689 Flower689
Dec '17

Just returned from my visit at Med Express.After providing insurance information.. I only had about a half hour wait to see the physician but must say they were very thorough..taking all of your health information first...meds and health background..blood pressure, temp, etc. and chatting a bit about why you were there. Then in to see the Dr. and he also was very thorough. Outcome is I have a bad upper respiratory infection plus sore throat, headache and cough so am on cough meds and antibiotic.The staff there were very polite, friendly and welcoming.. I was quite impressed with the establishment and would definitely go back again if needed.

joyful joyful
Dec '17

So what's happening with BK? ( you know the original thread.)

Indie Indie
Dec '17

Burger King is no longer in Hackettstown, Indie. That is where the Urgent Care place is now...

joyful joyful
Dec '17

Hope you feel better very soon, joyful. Rest and chicken soup for you!

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '17

Thank you, Rebecka...that is exactly what I am doing...Have to be in good shape for Christmas!!!

joyful joyful
Dec '17

I had a very similar experience there, they were very thorough. I went in about a half hour before close, so I felt bad but they did not try to rush me out and still gave me the attention I needed without seeming like I was a burden probably keeping them there longer than needed. I even received a follow up call a few days later which seemed like it was them genuinely just checking on me since I was so sick. Will definitely return!

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.