HL Good Ole Days - The Lounge - Part III

In light of all the devastation between Hurricane Irene, the rains this week and the 10 year mark of 9/11 I wanted to take a somber moment and share something I received via email today. Here it goes ~

PRAYER FOR SOLIDARITY AND JUSTICE The Terma Collective
May our eyes remain open even in the face of tragedy.
May we not become disheartened.
May we find in the dissolution of our apathy and denial, the cup of the broken heart.
May we discover the gift of the fire burning in the inner chamber of our being-- burning great and bright enough to transform any poison.
May we offer the power of our sorrow to the service of something greater than ourselves.
May our guilt not rise up to form yet another defensive wall.
May the suffering purify and not paralyze us.
May we endure; may sorrow bond us and not separate us.
May we realize the greatness of our sorrow and not run from its touch or its flame.
May clarity be our ally and wisdom our support.
May our wrath be cleansing, cutting through the confusion of denial and greed.
May we not be afraid to see or speak our truth.
May the bleakness of the wasteland be dispelled.
May the soul's journey be revealed and the true hunger fed.
May we be forgiven for what we have forgotten and blessed with the remembrance of who we really are.

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Sep '11

Here's the link to Part II - http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/275881

I decided to start a new thread since the other had grown so much.

I know we're all about fun and games here and I love that about us, but tonight, let's say a little prayer for our brothers and sisters who may not have a warm bed to sleep in or clean clothes to wear, a hot meal or even a shower. Those who have cried as they watched their hopes and dreams devastated by forces outside of our control. Those who may have lost everything they own, but still have life in them to rebuild and continue to bestow this world with their light.

Tonight, let's thank the heavens and be grateful for what we have and all we can do to help each other by making tomorrow better with a smile or simply a cheerful "hello". We are like pebbles in a pond and what we do/say/think reverberates all around us and through us ~~ Thank you, Fellow Loungers, for being the smile, the comfort, the happy place, the warmth for me and many others.

Good night and sweet dreams ~

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Sep '11

Thank you happy2bhere....that was beautiful....may all of us "Loungers" keep Happy's thoughts in mind as we go about our daily lives. May we also keep these sentiments in mind as well as we observe the 10th Anniversary of 9/11 and always be Proud to be a American.

joyful joyful
Sep '11

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.