Panther Valley Singles

Is there a Panther Valley Singles Group?

Gregory
Aug '21

Not aware of one. Check the NextDoor app - there may be a PV singles group there.

Wish there was one… nothing on Next door…

Amy G
Aug '21

I truly wish we had a singles group… I have tried - match - tinder and plenty of fish … all of them are a waste of time and money … I give up…

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Aug '21

Start a singles group for locals on MeetUp. People have tried this stuff locally posting here, but winds up people saying they're married but would love to come, etc, which defeats the whole thought of finding singles to talk to, meet, etc.

DogDayAfternoon
Aug '21

I have tried meet ups - ugh so many- they really do not work. They seem not to be regulated or have sooo many rules . A panther valley singles group would be nice.

Francis
Aug '21

LibertyThinker - several friends and I all met our significant others on match.com......It takes a lot of looking as well as weeding - but it really can happen-

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '21

Several friends of mine had horrible, insane experiences on match.com so no way....meeting local people from a common area like Panther Valley would be an altogether different experience. There would be a sense of "home" and might be an easier, safer experience. Who knows? Match and online just not for me....

Gregory
Aug '21

This thread is so timely for me as I was just talking with friends about how frustrating the dating apps are, and that it would be great to meet people organically.
I went on meet up to start a group, but the site charges a monthly organizer fee which isn’t in my budget right now.
If interested people want to meet up soon, maybe we can organize something on here?

PVSinglePringle
Aug '21

IDK- you are a single Potato Chip.

Gregory
Aug '21

I am opened minded to meeting as a group but I just have feeling more gentlemen will show up then single ladies… and then comes age difference… political and faith differences… and then we have anti vax and those who believe in science… again being singles is a bummer and eating alone day after day is a drag… I have 3 cats so I do a lot of talking but hardly get a response unless it there feeding time.

Aug '21

LibertyThinker, well put. Yeah, I have one cat & grateful to have him at this point.

Joyce Joyce
Aug '21

Francis or Cheryl, I believe you miss understood what I am trying to say… on match I can least weed out age difference - looks and a few items about a person that I find attractive who I might want to begin a conversation with… And since I am true liberal who is a atheist. I know that a relationship won’t work with someone who is ultra conservative and has a strong believe in faith. Yes I can share my point of view with anyone but some differences can not be over looked - it is that simple… I mean no offense to anyone but we all have standards and that is how our hearts work.

Aug '21

Mattar's has a nice bar. Maybe a couple of people who are trying to get something going for singles get-togethers could stop by and speak to "Mattar" about the possibility of an advertised Singles Night once a month. Also, "Tommy" at Mama's and Cafe Baci on Mountain Ave. might be interested. I am not single so I have no interest, and I have no idea if either of these restaurants would have interest. This is just a neighborly suggestion. It can't hurt to stop by and ask.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Aug '21

Gregory - LOL! and by the way, thanks for starting the thread.

Mrs Pipes - great idea, thanks!

Would you all want to do an activity based meet up (eg, a hike)…. or a happy hour? I’m good with either.

PVSinglePringle
Aug '21

There are a ton more women going to the single's events in person, than men.

MansfieldVillager MansfieldVillager
Aug '21

You might want to stick to a simple approach LibertyThinker. My wife and I met on Plenty of Fish and have been together for 10 years. She is 9 years younger than me, doesn't necessarily share my politics, and we don't even talk about religion. When you go into it with a laundry list of must haves then you're just opening yourself up to disappointment. There's no perfect match. Sometimes things just work out and you could have opposing views and it's ok.

Metsman Metsman
Aug '21

I heard plenty of fish was great 10 years ago - today it filled with fake accounts and scammers or ladies looking for a free meal and a hookup … tinder is a total joke and in today’s environment ladies seem especially want full discloser on all your points of view on match… my account expires in 30 days and I am not renewing !

Aug '21

So which site has worthy people on it?

Aug '21

I guess match if you want spend money on a monthly fee and hope someone joins that you might be interested in… also note we live in Warren county and I feel if you lived in let’s say Bergen county you have a larger selection of available singles … location … location … location …

Aug '21

Agree that a PV singles group sounds like a great idea! I hear the frustration, but just a quick plug for online dating...After three years of no interest in dating after my divorce, I took the plunge and was online for about two years with Match and eHarmony. Like some of you are saying, online “dating” didn’t feel natural to me, but it seemed that meeting organically just wasn’t happening on my own. I could write a little book about some of the quirky people I “met” (via messages, no actual dates) on those two sites. It was also strange to see local people I knew on Match - awkward! I was about a week a week away from taking a complete break from the whole online dating thing when something made me give OurTime a try. I barely met the age requirement (over 50), but I got lucky and within a week or so, I started talking to the man who I dated for three years and is now my husband. So yes, it does happen and we never would have met otherwise. OurTime seemed a little more realistic because everyone basically has to admit “I’m getting up there in age” to be on it, lol. It also knocked out the wishful 50something guys looking for 30something girls! All I can say is, keep plugging and use each “meeting” as a learning experience. As my great aunt used to tell me, “If it’s meant to be, it will happen.” Good luck!

Libertythinker, you are open minded to meeting up as a group but completely closed minded when it come's to other's beliefs and ideals? As a woman, I can say that's a quick way to deter any person. If you're so sure about yourself then what's the harm in sharing ideas? Just be confident, we love that, don't be arrogant. I believe in God and I'm an extreme conservative. My bf doesn't believe in God and absolutely hates politics so those are just 2 things we don't talk about directly or we argue so I save those convos for friends. We met online too. Sometimes opposites do attract.

Animallove Animallove
Aug '21

Animallove- good point.

Gregory
Aug '21

Animallove, thank you for sharing your thoughts. I have a few check boxes that need yo filled in for it to work for me. I simply won’t settle and if that means I will remaining single for the rest of my life so be it.

Aug '21

I have no checked boxes ...lol... still not helped me.

Gregory
Aug '21

LibertyThinker
“If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.”
Your rigidity causes you to be alone.
Not a crime.
But own it.

Stymie Stymie
Aug '21

So has anything come of this post? Any meetings?

Amy G
Aug '21

Amy, nope just everyone giving me advice. I believe Ort farm in long valley has a food truck festival on Saturday I am planning on going I heard they have good lobster roll truck that will be there.

Aug '21

Back in my single days, I always had good luck just saying hi with a smile.

You all need to get out there and just meet people at Church, Grocery Store, Park or other places
Be positive and outgoing and introduce yourselves

Hotdogchili Hotdogchili
Aug '21

Yes shop rite and Walmart are great places to at least smile and say hello and it does work

Aug '21

Hard to smile guys with that mask on… lol… I guess batting ones eyes may work or dropping a handkerchief. Food truck lobster roll it is - have to remove mask and smile while chewing. See you all there. I will be the one laughing and smiling and chewing.

Francis
Aug '21

There used to be a day when HL had meet ups. I believe Calico organized a few. But, the HL Forum has changed quite a bit, the Covid situation has obviously altered things. But, from the sounds of it, just on this thread, we have some single men and some single women.

Would be interested to know if anyone has had a relationship of significance from meeting someone here on HL?

Tough time to be single during this virus uptick time. I suggest open air places- I have seen alot of women who appear to be single at ZiegMeister outside in the beer area when I have driven by. Who knows?

I met my wife on match.com, but this was a long time ago, 10 years. So, like anything, it has gotten worse I am sure. POF is basically a bad hook up site, or used to be and I like the idea of the OurTime singles site for those over 50.

Good luck to the men and women who are on here that are in the single boat. You all sound like nice people with a variety of interests, too bad there wasnt a way for you all to meet.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Aug '21

I’m married but when I was single I always had luck meeting females while doing healthy activities. Mountain bike groups, hiking groups, etc. I can’t say I’ve ever had much luck (besides some “one night luck”) meeting a mate-worthy gal at the bars. I’m guessing this thread is more about finding someone for a long-term relationship than just a hook-up. If that’s the case, meeting up and immediately getting each other drunk isn’t the best way to accomplish that end IMO. Anyways, good luck to all the HL singles.

Consigliere
Aug '21

I might be wrong about Ort Farm this Saturday it seems they are having a larger event august 28th

Aug '21

Re: Panther Valley Singles

See attached PIC - Glen Gardner is having one on Saturday

Aug '21

Thanks to all who posted positive feedback and to LibertyThinker for posting event info!

Are any of you singles interested in getting together for a hike …. or for a happy hour? Shoot me an email and I’d be happy to coordinate.

PVSinglePringle PVSinglePringle
Aug '21

I am planning on attending the food truck festival on Saturday, I am the tall thin guy with gray hair. I normally arrive at opening before the crowds builds and stay until it I am full and have eaten everything I found appetizing.

Aug '21

What is the address of the Glen Gardner Park? Is it off of Asbury Anderson Road, and then where?

Hackresident Hackresident
Aug '21

I recommend just use google maps it seems the Glen Gardner park is off art 31 - “glen gardner food truck festival”

Aug '21

See you there...

There is no address for the Glen Gardner Park, is there?

Aug '21

2168 NJ-31, Glen Gardner, NJ 08826

Aug '21

Single women don't look for food truck venues. Go to Jersey Girl brewery tonite. There is a Tom Petty tribute band. When you see a group of women dancing, go dance by/with them. At least one will be single. A woman looking like she wants to dance works too!

maja2 maja2
Aug '21

August 28th in mount olive is the next local food truck festival followed by fireworks. The are advertising 18 food trucks. I was disappointed with only 5 food trucks today in Glen Gardner. I will post details this week about the event on the 28th.

Aug '21

Maja2, I assume you are a woman?

If so, good advice, a womans perspective on this thread I think is very useful.

Lets face it, women are in the drivers seat in this situation. Guys are the ones that are expected to approach and take the brunt of a "no thank you, not interested"

I think this thread needs a womans perspective of what works, and Maja2 just got the ball rolling.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Aug '21

Sorry Maja I am a non drinker and how can you talk to someone and discover common interested with loud music playing … luckily in really enjoying single life…love my 3 cats my house is spotless, I am very tidy and I even make my bed every morning. I am eating super healthy, I have dropped 60lbs since February… note I am 6’1” so dropping from 235 to 165 really does not show. I will be canceling all my dating APPS at the end of September I gave it 6 months. I am coming to a conclusion the harder I look to start dating the more likely I won’t find someone … back to Plan B - I am very friendly in ShopRite and Walmart. I look for a ring if none and I think your are cute I might just say hi… a added plus if you are shopping the cat food isle … liking cats is a must!

Aug '21

This area stinks for places to go for singles!!! Would like David's Country Inn, or the golf course on Mt. Avenue (next to the Budd Lake Bagel Shop) to have a Single's Dance w/ a live band.

Or the Long Valley Pub and Brewery.

Even outside until the end of September, weather permitting.

Does anyone have a connection to either place, to get a ball rolling?! Any volunteers to inquire with these 3 places?

It was so much fun to go out from age 18-25. There were large halls and music venues to go out, see a live band, and meet people to date: Governor's Inn in Lake Hopatcong, The LIghthouse in Hopatcong, Final Exam in Randolpy, The Nook at the Golf Course in Washington Township, The Rock Pile in Stanhope, and many other clubs further away (Wurlitzers in Piscataway, The Yellow Rose in Manville, and many others in Eastern & Central NJ). '

None of these nightclubs and single's dances exist anymore (except PaVinci, these days). I wish I were younger these days, LOL, but i do have to say i had A LOT of fun seeing great bands and meeting those i dated before the strict drunk-driving Laws came out, and the owners sold all these clubs. I couldn't imagine trying to find FUN places to go if i were 18-25 now!!!

Aug '21

Liberty Thinker, Have you ever considered volunteering with an animal related organization? You’d meet others who love cats as you do and some of them are single women. There’s opportunity for nice conversations too while you’re doing good. Just a thought

Maythree Maythree
Aug '21

I'm not single/not looking, just hoping to be helpful. Maybe check out the following place in Hackettstown which is in the little shopping center where Bruno's and the Candy Shop and UPS is located. I think it's located behind the businesses in the front, but not next to UPS. In their advertising they mention group classes in dance, workshops, "Socials and Parties." If still active and a person is interested in dancing both doing and learning it could be fun.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Aug '21

Every meetup group is mostly singles. Probably close to 90%. Mix of men and women. Join one geared towards your interest. I belong to hiking and social groups. Mostly we try different restaurants or, in nice weather, look for free outdoor music , car shows, etc. And yes, an occasional food truck fair. I'm not looking, but it's a good way to get to know people. I've made some really great friends who now get together outside the group, and are there to help when needed. Much like my HL friends!!

Animal lovers, see meetup in the image. Mostly women going, so go for it guys!

maja2 maja2
Aug '21

Where do the single men roam on Sat. and Sun. afternoons (or evenings)?

Men, please see and respond here! Would help the single women here!

Thanks.

Aug '21

Don’t need a “roaming male” and lol Walmart Cat isle would not be a choice for a meet up either. Lol. This thread is giving me a good laugh.

Francis
Aug '21

Francis,
Bars, church, introductions, (the internet dating sites- some nuts) didn't work the best. where do you recommend?

I asked where men go on weekend days, forgive me if i put "roam". LOL.

Aug '21

Singles guys do roam Home Depot and Lowe’s … maybe harbor freight.

Aug '21

What does Harbor Freight sell?

Aug '21

They sell tools … it a place guys would like to roam.

Aug '21

I’m from Blairstown and have tried all the dating sites. I have to agree it’s a difficult place to meet someone. I find doing the things I like to do and making myself happy is the best way to go. Hopefully by doing that you meet the right people. I love kayaking fishing hiking all up around the Delaware. Always good to have company.

Outside Outside
Aug '21

Mount Olive is having a food truck festival:

https://www.mountolivetwpnj.org/recreation-department/pages/food-truck-fireworks-festival

The times have changed opening at 3pm - no parking fee - no admission fee …

Fireworks canceled!

Aug '21

Long Valley Pub and Brewery is having an OctoberFest outdoors on Sunday, October 3.

Aug '21

Outside, check out this group. Good people. They hike all over, Chester, Water Gap, High Point. Some further but they'll carpool. Easy to hard. Raft trips, camping, music. I don't do the bike trips, but they seem to stick to trails, along canals. Great group of people to hang out with.

https://www.meetup.com/Hiking-Biking-Camping-Music/

maja2 maja2
Aug '21

Thank you for listing the meetup group I will be joining

Aug '21

Liberty, I'm glad to hear you'll join. Hikes fill up quickly. Sign up on the wait list anyway. Lots of people drop as the date gets closer. Many are non-drinkers, so if you go for after hike restaurant gatherings, you won't be the only one.

maja2 maja2
Aug '21

I joined the group listed also found a Washington singles that looks interesting

Aug '21

Panther Valley Singles- is that a thing?

Or is everyone just going to other places other than Panther Valley?

I am looking for a neighborhood group- not just another single grouping....

Gregory
Sep '21

Gregory - I had reached out to a few local places about hosting something specifically for PV singles. I will follow up over the weekend.

Sep '21

Two local singles groups will be attending the 10/3 Oktoberfest at the Long Valley Brew Pub. I can get you in touch with the organizer if you’re interested. Private Message me for more details.

DARLEEN DARLEEN
Sep '21

Looking for PV singles not traveling to other meet ups. Thanks. That’s the purpose.

Amy G
Sep '21

Ort Farm in Long Valley is having a food truck festival on September 11th … I was there today there is picnic tables to eat at and there will be live music…. Also they had an amazing lobster roll truck that was the best I have ever had in the local area.

Sep '21

Is it $15 to get in, like the food truck festival 2 weeks ago?

Sep '21

$8 per person for the food truck festival…. Everything is listed on there website … I love google wish everyone else did in the world!

Sep '21

I think that's called research - quite a bit easier than back in the "old" days, LibertyThinker--It's amazing how many answers I've gotten for how to fix things, where to find things ......................

4catmom 4catmom
Sep '21

I spoke to Mr Mattar at Mattar's yesterday and he would welcome a singles group.
He suggested a Wednesday or Thursday evening at 7 or 8. What are your thoughts?
I am thinking twice a month. For anyone interested we would start next week. Feel free to private message me if you would like. Thanks!

Rose

The first meet up group will be at Mattars', next Thursday ( the 16th) at 7 PM.
Hope to meet some of you there!

Thank you Rose!

Sep '21

I regret our first meeting needs to be put off until next Thursday, the 23rd at 7 PM
I had a dental emergency this afternoon and will be unable to greet you today.
Thank you for your understanding

Hi, do you have to live in Panther Valley to attend?

So random singles will be roaming lol at Mattars Thursday the 23rd around 7?

No - Bill come join...this will be the first of many meet-ups hopefully.
It is nice to get to know others from the area- just in general.

Gregory
Sep '21

Prior plans tomorrow night. Maybe next meet-up.

Shady Shady
Sep '21

Is the meeting still on for tonight?

Debora Wyker Debora Wyker
Sep '21

email Rose and ask her - you can do it through her posts

4catmom 4catmom
Sep '21

Im sorry for the late notice but I am not able to be there this evening,
For those of you who planned to attend maybe still go and meet for a drink?
Off to a rocky start, however .., we will get there

Did anyone go last Thursday? Is there a plan for another meetup?

This group needs a leader---having been part of a previous group - with a very active leader who planned lots of activities ----lucky me - found my honey on match almost 6 years ago----after a lifetime of - well looking in all the wrong places - or at all the wrong guys -- Wish you all the best in getting this going

4catmom 4catmom
Sep '21

Is anyone going this evening? And I agree this will only work if we have a leader keeping this string updated weekly

Sep '21

Is anyone going?, I would but how do you meet other singles if no one goes

Exactly if we don’t have a organizer these meetings won’t happen. I highly recommend everyone just looking at the meetup app there is a local group that seems to have there act together best of luck everyone I have disabled my Match account it was a hopeless try for 6 months

Oct '21

Hackettstownlife should start a “Singles” category in the classifieds. Who knows? There could be the perfect couple, in the making, right on this thread and no one knows it.

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
Oct '21

Guilty - There used to be one. It was only used once or twice a year.

I miss the pet section also…

Francis
Oct '21

Stayin' single I guess....

Gregory
Oct '21

Any more meetings?

Francis
Oct '21

Anyone up for game night or breakfast over the weekend?
Best day/night?

Rose,
I would be interested in a game night.
Also, I might set something up in town and share it, and see who shows up. :)

This site as I was referred to it is from 2021. Is there a current singles group in Panther Valley?

Brrooke
1 week ago

So - No singles in the area? I must have not chosen where to move very well! :)

Brrooke
1 week ago

Probably just not active on this forum, Brooke, it isn't used as much these days

My post divorce dating was a disappointment and finally just gave up… the date apps were a waste of time and money.

1 week ago

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.