Trading of Goods for Services or Vice Versa

Bumping up a thread on HL from 2012 and bringing it into 2021 where finances in most families are stretched to their max.. might be a good idea once more to offer a service or item that you can trade/barter for to another who might be able to do the same for you....In other words...if you can do shopping,make a meal... taxes, yard work, have a gift card or even a gift you are not planning to use,..and can trade/barter your offer to another person who might also have a service or something you are looking for or need done or a item you can exchange without any cost to each other..might be a very good thing to do...

joyful joyful
Jan '21

I agree. Looking for someone to install a car radio in exchange for dog grooming

surprised there are not dedicated barter sites...it always was and still is a great way to do business in a personal and non-monetary way....seems like it would be doable to set up and control.....but in this day and age, a chicken for the doctor might be a bit simplistic.....

zentravl zentravl
Jan '21

...that’ll be 547 chickens please.

Roywhite Roywhite
Jan '21

Bumping up this post!

Will trade a 7 foot artificial Christmas tree and some decorations in exchange for someone to bake me some Christmas cookies or pie.. (not a very good baker, myself).. Please PM me if you have interest...

joyful joyful
Nov '21

Hi Joy, certainly don’t need the try but I’m the same as you, not a great baker, but love when friends bake and share with me.

Bessie Bessie
Nov '21

joyful and Bessie,, do either of you knit? would love to learn since I'm partially disabled now., either way, I will make cookies for both of you

, Bessie, (you are a good baker)... you made some wonderful zucchini bread for me at one time if I recall...

joyful joyful
Nov '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Trading of Goods for Services or Vice Versa
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.