Hackettstown Hyundai

Anyone know what is going on there? They have been closed since the start of the pandemic (both sales and service) - that I understand, but yesterday and today, they were clearing all the cars from the lot. Their website just mentions temporarily closing due to the virus (dated back in mid-March), and their facebook doesn't have a post since mid Feb.

jnnjr jnnjr
May '20

I tried calling and e-mailing last week but could not get through to anyone. Ended up having to return my lease at the Hyundai in Denville.

lynn93 lynn93
May '20

Maybe they’ll turn it into a diner LOL!!

Steve Steve
May '20

That place is a dump. I’ll never lease or buy a car from them again. Hope they close for good.

Jason Jason
May '20

A diner would be a bonanza!

Nice play E V V

Timmy
May '20

Saw a bunch of white bankers boxes in the windows the other day. Hmmm?

whocares whocares
May '20

They are closed for good, they knew they were closing before this whole virus came about.

Irisheyes Irisheyes
May '20

Hyundai sales were down across the country even before the virus. Multiple owners in that location could not make it work. Most likely out of business.

Good riddance. Junk cars and most likely wouldn't stand a chance with a Honda dealer 50 yards away.

Steve Steve
May '20

From what is posted here, not exactly a step up. How many managements has that Honda had? But wait.....there's more (and it seems good!)

Not looking hard, but in 2014: https://nj.gov/oag/newsreleases14/pr20140714a.html

That said, everyone deserves a second, or third chance, and HH seems to have stepped up to the line: https://www.bbb.org/us/nj/hackettstown/profile/new-car-dealers/honda-of-hackettstown-0221-90171676/complaints That's for the last 3 years.

And: while Yelp gives them 3 out of 5 with 65 reviews: with over 500 reviews, they get 4.8-4.9's from https://www.cars.com/dealers/2254736/honda-of-hackettstown/ and https://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Honda-of-Hackettstown-review-42549/

I will say someone there seems to have been able to reset the clock on these which, IMO, is fair. Good job and continued good luck.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
May '20

I'm not impressed with the service department at Honda. Not going into details but when you get that kind of lousy service it turns you off to the entire brand.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
May '20

I'm confused.....errrr, are we on Hyundai? or Honda? ..... or are they the same or both of the original one as stated previously and as the O riginal P ost?

embryodad embryodad
May '20

Honda is a Japanese-based company. Hyundai is a Korean-based company. Not the same, other than the "H" on their cars.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
May '20

I bought my Hyundai in Flemington before I moved to Hackettstown and whenever I need it serviced, I take the 1+ hour drive down there because the Hackettstown dealership is such a joke. Even the staff in Flemington said they got a lot of complaints about Hackettstown's dealership. Glad to see it gone.

honestyseasy honestyseasy
May '20

dodge I am not impressed with dealer service in general. Among Toyota and Honda I am pleased with 50% of their dealers. IMHO, if you do shoddy work and try to really rip people off may you go out of business. Who needs to pay for being abused?

I do the same for my Suby's…..but they start with an S :>)

For my Honda, I still get the H out of H-town and go to Sussex. That might change if the reviews stay positive.

May '20

Overpriced garbage...GARBAGE. You can spend the same and get a Subaru or Toyota

Itiswhatitis
May '20

My Honda has been far less costly to maintain than my Suby; just speaking basic, not repairs. They caught up to Inexpensive and Built to Say that Way.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
May '20

And another rate able bites the dust. Can’t wait to see what our taxes will be after this mess.

Steve Steve
May '20

Won't do a thing to H'town since that's Washington Twsp, maybe they'll have to write more tickets on 46.

OldSam
May '20

As I understand it Hackettstown Hyundai never owned the properties that included the diner, the old midas, and graybar. They always did the bare minimum in repairs to the buildings. They were purchased by Comfort Auto Group fairly recently (which is based in Brooklyn). That group also owns Newton Kia. The service manager at HH is a nice guy... He used to be the service manager at the Honda Dealer when it first opened.

I just received this email today from This Hyundai dealership... hmmmmm????

“It has now been 18 months since your purchase, and it is time for your regularly scheduled maintenance. Please call our Service Department at (908) 850-0050 to schedule an appointment for your Santa Fe.

Or if you prefer, you can simply click https://www.route46hyundai.com/service/service-scheduler.htm to schedule a service appointment online. Please click https://www.route46hyundai.com/promotions/service/index.htm to see any current service specials we may be offering.

We look forward to seeing you soon.”

Thanks again,

Your Friends at RT 46 Hyundai
RT 46 Hyundai
40 US Highway 46
Hackettstown, NJ 07840
(908) 850-0050

H-Town Mama H-Town Mama
May '20

Auto-generated...

ianimal ianimal
May '20

Ughhhh so am I going To keep getting these auto generated emails even though it’s closed?? Must flag it then

H-Town Mama H-Town Mama
May '20

That is almost word for word as the note posted on the door at the dealer. I just happened to meet someone there in the parking lot yesterday and read the note. There were two men with clipboards walking around outside pointing at the building in a very official manner. LOL For once I couldn't care less and didn't bother to ask what the deal was. I gather time will tell.

Only until their email server is eventually taken down for non-payment.

ianimal ianimal
May '20

My 2017 Hyundai is still under warrenty. Does anyone know If I go anywhere but a Hyundai dealer for say an oil change will it void my warrenty??

marjon marjon
May '20

According to a post on the hackettstown Facebook group, they are currently involved in a law suit. All dealerships owned by the owner are closed permanently.

melissa123 melissa123
May '20

You can change your own oil, do your own repairs- none of that (done correctly) voids a warranty, and if the dealer tell you that is does, they are lying.

Marjon - going to an independent mechanic will not void your warranty unless Hyundai can prove that mechanic acted negligently. That goes for oil changes and more intricate work. As a general rule, you should make sure the mechanic is ASE certified, but nothing stopping you from doing your own oil changes (or other work for that matter). Just make sure you save your receipts so you can prove oil changes actually happened.

jnnjr jnnjr
May '20

Josh and jnnjr - Thanks for the information

marjon marjon
May '20

What happened in the lawsuit that the owner would close all his Hyundai dealerships?

Hackresident Hackresident
May '20

Anyone know who to call about the service plan I purchased a year ago when I bought my new car? It doesn’t transfer and the company gave me a number to call which no one answered just a generic voice mail that doesn’t even say to leave a message. I did but am not holding my breath to get a call back. Just seeing if anyone else had something similar. I’m beyond upset.

Beyond PO’d Beyond PO’d
Jul '20

Service plan from Hyundai corporation or another party? If the latter who?

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Jul '20

I purchased it through the dealership but it’s a different company. But it doesn’t transfer and it was for 4 years of maintenance and 10 years extended service plan. (Of course this is the 1st time I said yes to the plan- stupid me) and I only got 16 months of it

Beyond PO’d Beyond PO’d
Jul '20

Dealership takes auto lease buyout money and vanishes, leaving driver in collections, customer says

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/2020/07/dealership-takes-auto-lease-buyout-money-and-vanishes-leaving-driver-in-collections-customer-says.html

Lamppost Lamppost
Jul '20

@Beyond PO'ed: what's the name of the 3rd party company? Sounds like you are suggesting they went out of business also as same time as dealership? A dealership owned company?

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Jul '20

@OntheEdge: no the 3rd party did not go out of business. I contacted them and they gave the name of the person I need to contact that “owned” (Not sure if owned but the contact person) to get it resolved. But that person isn’t answering the phone and the message is just that you dialed then the phone number. Then it beeps. I have left messages and called numerous times.

@Lampost: thanks for the article I will read it now.

Beyond PO’d Beyond PO’d
Jul '20

Welcome to civil law.

callitlikeIseeit callitlikeIseeit
Jul '20

Same issue with Maint plan happened to us - we are pursuing Comfort Group (Owner of dealerships), NJ Attorney General, and likely a small claims court case, but need to find names and contact info for those to sue.

TickedinHKTN TickedinHKTN
Jul '20

https://nuwber.com/person/563aa360cf00835c7f5be9f5

https://www.zoominfo.com/p/Heshy-Gottdiener/2068294109

https://www.surecritic.com/reviews/route-46-hyundai

Tons of stuff on the internet

maja2 maja2
Jul '20

Has anyone had any luck with them yet? Just curious.... Thanks!

Hackettstown Hackettstown
Aug '20

No Luck... I have tried all numbers and email address and nothing. The company that the maintenance plan is with DOWC also can't get in touch with them... they are frustrated just like us and is looking into pursuing legal actions against them.

Beyond PO’d Beyond PO’d
Aug '20

Hope you collect something decent by the time you do which will probably be a pittance in 2025.
Your lawyer fees will probably be more than you collect.

callitlikeIseeit callitlikeIseeit
Aug '20

such a shame to see this dealership close

Parential Concerns Parential Concerns
Aug '20

Interesting they got a PPP loan in June
https://projects.propublica.org/coronavirus/bailouts/loans/comfort-auto-group-llc-5039887b900da70ed8b5d1fad115f237

Then filed for bankruptcy in July https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/35498493/Comfort_Auto_Group_NY_LLC

Crooks...

Bewildered
Sep '20

OMG!

pampurr1 pampurr1
Sep '20

OMG? Why so surprised?

a corporation ripped you off? That's more American than Apple Pie and Chevrolet combined.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Sep '20

It sounds like they took the money and disappeared. Think some lease holders paid off the lease and they ran with that too leaving the lease holder still owing the lease.

Holy Solyndra Batman, wonder how much PPP fraud went down.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Sep '20

Multiple people filling out the propublica form to report will get more propublica attention.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Sep '20

According to the GAO report, some of the fraud may be do to small business owners not understanding the rules. While ignorance of the law is no excuse, IMO, in this case, it certainly can be mitigating. After all, it is a pandemic and everyone had points where survival was the prime motivator.

Doubtful in the case of Hackettstown Hyundai.

Sep '20

Where do you take a Hyundai that was leased from the now-closed Hackettstown dealership, if it's acting up and should be under warranty? Will Denville or Newton honor the warranty?

Carla Carla
Aug '21

Any Hyundai dealer in the country should honor the manufacturer warranty.

If there were "dealer" extras (bonus services, tire rotation, etc.) that probably wouldn't carry over anywhere else.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Aug '21

Went to denville when our lease was up and had no problem. Dealt with Peter

Ziggy Ziggy
Aug '21

"The application proposing the remodel and expansion of the previously closed Hyundai car dealership will be heard by the Washington Township Zoning Board next week.....The applicant, 28 & 40 Route 46 LLC, intends to expand the existing car dealership building and use it solely for automobile service....In accordance with a prior approval for that property, the applicant intends to reuse the old lot as a new Hyundai car dealership...."
https://patch.com/new-jersey/longvalley/car-dealership-expansion-remodel-long-valley-zoning-board-docket

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Dec '22

Good to see those two derelict buildings getting attention.

I just wish the state I assume, would repair the pavement at the intersection of East Ave and Rt 46. It has been akin to an off road obstacle course for quite some time now. I now avoid it altogether.

Does this mean the new Hyundai building / lots will encompass the land where the 2 old buildings are, leaving the new Pep Boys in the middle of them?

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Dec '22

sure hope they don`t park any Hyundais inside their new building. (Fire Hazard )

eapos eapos
Dec '22

That is how I see it looking at the rendering. Not ideal for the dealership but it is what it is.

Eye sores are welcome here

Steve Steve
Dec '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Hackettstown Hyundai
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.