Holiday Gifts for Seniors

Good morning everyone! Does anyone know if the Angel Trees or wreaths with gift requests will be put out for our senior citizens this year? I tried so hard last year... I stopped into Panther Valley pharmacy for several weeks and either got blown off or told... Tomorrow... I'd really like to contribute to a nursing home or home aid place that is collecting for their residents who may not have family around or are unable to get out. If anyone has any info, please post or DM me. I would be able to buy for one gentleman and one lady or something of the like. Thanks for any help!

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Nov '19

Thanks JL!! ... I have found out Kristina Michelle Salon on Main Street has the tags :)

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Nov '19

Kristina Michelle Salon on East Plane Street in Hackettstown has a wreath up for seniors with tags. Its sponsored ( I guess) by Home Instead agency.

Welcome!!

Bingo Chips and ivory soap !

Is the salon on Main street or East Plane Street?

Happycamper Happycamper
Nov '19

DTM, nice mention but warm gloves and hats + reading glasses are way more needed.

Perfect AJMS... You can make that your holiday donation if you so wish. Christmas is a time to try and fulfill someone's wants in addition to their needs... We can should all contribute as we see fit :)

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Nov '19

East Plane... My apologies, I realized too late I posted it incorrectly and was no longer able to edit my post.

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Nov '19

"Christmas is a time to try and fulfill someone's wants in addition to their needs... We can should all contribute as we see fit :)"

Great post and I agree with your statement as well.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Nov '19

Check out the thrift shops. There are almost always lovely tea cup sets or mugs to buy. You could arrange a basket tricky tray style with the mug or tea cup and fill it with home made cookies/ wrapped candies/whatever! Hershey kisses..shortbread cookies...Andes candies...the sky's the limit!
..Sometimes these Seniors want just a "little something".

Angela Angela
Nov '19

I picked up my Seniors tag today. Thank you @Weebiekins. I do this one most years but thought it was later in the month/

whocares whocares
Nov '19

Sorry to hijack, but I thought I read somewhere that this was being done for veterans as well as seniors this year. Does anyone recall reading or hearing that? Does anyone know where those tags can be picked up?

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '19

A box of cards and a book of stamps. So they can reach out by mail to loved ones is nice also.

maybebaby
Nov '19

Panther Valley Pharmacy has a nice wreath with tags.

@calico I have not heard, but please post back here if you do find out, OK?

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Nov '19

Also Fulton Bank in Oxford has a box for military (Operation _____?) to give food and other things for those abroad for the holidays.

I bought some hot chocolate and cookies for the donation.
I guess everyone can give a little (or a lot) this holiday season if we try.

The barber on Main St also has the Toys for Tots this year again,
have to get over there.

Will do.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '19

There is an article in "The Messenger", November 2019 issue (free news letter for Washington and the surrounding area) titled "Be A Santa to a Senior/Veteran" unfortunately I cannot locate a website link to upload. However it does have a point of contact for questions. It states "any questions please email Lucy at lucy.hurley@homeinstead.com or franchise owner Tracy Fazzolari, Tracy.fazzolari@homeinstead.com
The article closes stating "Look for our next press release with the names and addresses of the merchants, schools and Churches who will be participating with "Be a Santa to A Senior/Be A Santa to A Veteran" so you can pick up your tags."
Hope this helps. Happy Holidays to all!

luvlife
Nov '19

That's where I read it!!! Thanks luvlife, I emailed Lucy.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '19

Re: Holiday Gifts for Seniors

I received this press release info from Lucy.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.