Hackettstown Pet Supplies

Wanted to take a minute to give a nod to Jim, the owner of Hackettstown Pet Supplies. He gave me a few helpful tips on caring for my sick parakeet that seems to have helped her get better. What a knowledgeable man and a wonderful store to have at our fingertips.

H. Noble H. Noble
Sep '18

Jim is very knowledgeable... Saved me plenty of money over the years with his great advice... Always helpful and if he doesn't have what you need he gets it. Great guy!!

Samiam Samiam
Sep '18

+1000

twentytwenty
Sep '18

Jim Bunting is great

Skippy Skippy
Sep '18

He a good guy! Helped us a lot as well.

Only temporary Only temporary
Sep '18

Totally agree. Nice and knowledgeable guy who will get whatever we need.

rbilly rbilly
Sep '18

Jim is awesome and knows his stuff. His staff is excellent too. When we first adopted our rescue dog (who was not tolerating the food the rescue sent us home with), the woman who works at Hackettstown Pet Supply spent an hour guiding me to the right food for our new dog.

Jim has also always patiently explained products to us too and lets us know when new flavors of this incredible dog food brand come in. I would never have known about Zignature dog food otherwise. I will not shop at Petsmart or online for this stuff—only Hackettstown Pet Supply.

We also ordered a really nice engraved dog tag through the store and it was sent in record time and looks fabulous.

SquirrelGirl SquirrelGirl
Sep '18

We are so lucky in our town to have Jim and his store!!! He is so friendly and always greats us with a smile and a little chat when we stop in for our dog food. He always takes time if we have a question and answers our concerns..Thank you Jim, I hope you know how much we all appreciate you!!!!!!

Mom of 3 Mom of 3
Sep '18

He has been the best!!! He is very knowledgeable and takes the time to help!! He DEFINITELY is the guy!!!

My favorite store in Hackettstown. I've been shopping there for years. Jim really cares about your pets. His assistant Jill is also very helpful. A real asset to our town.

Mindy's Mom Mindy's Mom
Sep '18

Re: Hackettstown Pet Supplies

Lamb stew comes from Hackettstown Pet. We like. REALLY like. Our magic water fountain is from there. And our scratchy pads are from there. And our catnip bubbles are from there. HackCATStown approved!! ;-)

Sugar Sugar
Sep '18

He is the absolute best. Great man great store!

Kitty kat Kitty kat
Sep '18

We love Jim and Hackettstown Pet Supply as well!

townies townies
Sep '18

Agree 100% with all above, great guy, and great resource.

Denis Denis
Sep '18

Awesome place.

Momof6 Momof6
Oct '18

Likewise. Never had anything but a pleasurable shopping experience there. Thanks, Jim!

Eperot Eperot
Oct '18

Always helpful and friendly. The only place I go for fish and fish supplies.

NJ Dad NJ Dad
Oct '18

If anyone is looking for a new chapter in life and want to own their own business, Hackettstown Pet Supplies is for sale. 150k and you are all set in a fine long standing local business.

https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/nj/hackettstown/141-main-st/pid_41742811/

Oh no!! We love Jim, and HPS! Have been going for YEARS!!! He and the staff have always been helpful, and are so knowledgeable. They will be missed!

kelleo22 kelleo22
Jun '21

Jim and his staff have been great with advice and food suggestions for my pets.
Always fair, and accommodating, Good man!

HAPPY RETIREMENT, JIM!

You're very knowledgeable and helpful, and a great person. We will all miss you in town

MansfieldVillager MansfieldVillager
Jun '21

I truly hope someone keeps the business running. A staple of Main Street for literally my entire life; I would be so sad to see it go. Best wishes Jim! You will be so missed!

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Hackettstown Pet Supplies
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.