Welcome back letters

We just received our welcome letter for my daughter’s first year in Kindergarten at Hatchery Hill. Do they not find out their teachers until their first day of school? I assumed they would send their teacher’s name out prior to the first day.

Htown2009 Htown2009
Aug '18

Hi yes we did too and i was suprised. I'll be following this. i was gonna call next week and ask the school.

Htownmom Htownmom
Aug '18

They used to post a list of teachers and their students on the school's front door. Maybe they don't do that anymore but they did when my kids were in school

The letters usually have the teacher's name at the very end. Haven't received the letters for Willow Grove yet.

Htown Resident Htown Resident
Aug '18

cc - They did that years ago but stopped for a while now do to personal information about kids/grades/teachers should not be made public for all to see (child predators, etc.). They changed it and started mailing welcome back letters and would have all the information that the parent/child needed.

countryside
Aug '18

Don’t worry
You will get a letter from your child’s teacher before school starts. Usually comes 2 weeks before school starts. I have had 3 kids go through the school system
1 is at hatch 3rd grade
1 is at HMS 8th grade
1 already graduated HS
It will come

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Aug '18

You’ll get it. They don’t send the letter out until after you get the letters from the principal. They send the principal letter first, to confirm any personnel changes so no one is surprised to see what teacher their kid got. Now that we’ve gotten that letter we will get the letter from the teacher next. It’s always late August when that letter comes.

Njchia Njchia
Aug '18

Also, the letter for kindergartners usually invites them to visit the classroom the day before K starts. Meet the teacher, meet some classmates, see their name on stuff around the room.

Njchia Njchia
Aug '18

I just remembered we got the district newsletter yesterday, with a blurb from each school and overall district initiatives. Welcome Back letters are different and specifically addressed to the child.

Htown Resident Htown Resident
Aug '18

Glad to hear we will get a personalized letter from the teacher! I was worried from the principals letter we would be walking in blind.

Htownmom Htownmom
Aug '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.