Local AA Meeting

Looking for a local AA Meeting that I can review the minutes or attend online.

Susan Susan
Mar '17

I don't have information Susan, but if you need transportation, I'm sure by posting that, you'd likely find a ride offer.

maja2 maja2
Mar '17

There's no minutes to an AA meeting and the point of getting to a meeting is talking with others - just show up and they'll sign your paper for court so you don't have to stay

Alcoholics Anonymous: The Big Book https://www.amazon.com/dp/1893007170/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_OH.WybXM7QB84

skippy skippy
Mar '17

What do you mean review the minutes? AA doesnt take minutes of their meetings. Unfortunately even if you go to an open meeting, anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all of their traditions. You may sit in a meeting but will be asked not to share or take notes if you are not their for the purpose of getting sober.

Nicole Nicole
Mar '17

I've stabd corrected - many meetings make you stay till the end to get the paper signed. Best of luck in your recovery

skippy skippy
Mar '17

Go to NNJAA online and it will give you a list of meetings

Great in the Meadows Great in the Meadows
Mar '17

Susan, just go. My biggest concern before my very first meeting was...wait for it...what should I wear. I did have an idea that sequins were out. Go, and you will be amazed and then you will become grateful. Meet people., Recovery is worth it.

long ago long ago
Mar '17

Thank you all for your comments. I would like to attend but I do not have transportation available at this time.

Susan Susan
Mar '17

Susan,

Call 1-800-245-1377 and say you need to get to a meeting. They will get you a ride.

Scottso Scottso
Mar '17

http://www.aa.org/ Find a meeting and call and tell them your situation - they will take your number and have someone call you back who will help you - I bet (especially if it's an open meeting) someone will pick you up

skippy skippy
Mar '17

Susan are you in Hackettstown? They have a few meetings during the week at Living Water Church, Gethsemane Church and the IOP building behind rite aid. If you can get to your first meeting the people are great with helping each other with rides. You can message me and I may be able to help you out as well. Best of luck to you in your Recovery

LuLu22 LuLu22
Mar '17

Hi Susan. There's a list of all of your local meetings here -

https://findrecovery.com/aa_meetings/nj/hackettstown/

the list changes every couple of months so it's fairly updated.

Let me know if you have any questions

Corey Corey
Feb '20

Skippy, Where are the meetings where you can get validated and leave? There are a lot of people who need this service and don't belong in meetings.

One-Eyed Poacher One-Eyed Poacher
Feb '20

One-eyed Poacher....I've never seen that happen in 20+ years of sobriety.

Walleyed Walleyed
Feb '20

I also have NEVER seen someone get those papers signed before a meeting.....always after......

littlelu littlelu
Feb '20

There are meetings at the Drakestown Methodist church on church rd.

Kelleo22 Kelleo22
Feb '20

Hi! Anyone know of a meeting close to Hackettstown this Friday Night?

Mrs.Ward Mrs.Ward
Jun '21

Yes, The Stanhope Lutheran Church is on Friday nights. It's located on Brooklyn Road in Stanhope.8PM

Also the Long Valley Zion Church at the base of Schooley's near Mill street as well. 830PM.

Also try: NNJAA.org. That is a meeting finder site.

Thank you.

Mrs.Ward Mrs.Ward
Jun '21

1800 245 1377
ninjaa.org
Puts you in touch withAA

Frank D Frank D
Jun '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Local AA Meeting
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.