2016/17 MLB Hot Stove

Players had to decide whether to accept qualifying offers today. Yoenis Cespedes declined his by the Mets. Shocker. He's looking for 5 years at $30 mil per year. Too much IMO.

Metsman Metsman
Nov '16

He is a DH for the Yankers at best. Not a fan.

Hot corner Hot corner
Nov '16

I don't think he can expect more than 4 years $25 mil per year.

Neil Walker accepted his qualifying offer by the Mets. Hopefully he is healthy in the Spring.

Metsman Metsman
Nov '16

Let Yoenis walk and give Lagares a chance to play and develop.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Nov '16

Lagares has no plate discipline and never stays healthy. I like him as a 4th outfielder.

Metsman Metsman
Nov '16

If Cespedes gets $30MM a year, that's insane. Guy is good, but nowhere near the best outfielder out there. But I guess with the game being so flush with money, the salaries are only going up.

Dancicus Fighticus Dancicus Fighticus
Nov '16

"Flush with money".....obviously you are not a Pirates fan, lol.

Hot corner Hot corner
Nov '16

Lol. Too true, Hot corner. I wonder if Cutch will be joining Walker in Queens.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '16

Haha I'm talking on the whole. Teams have more money to spend than they ever have. Small market teams still need to be smart about drafting and trading, but the pirates certainly aren't losing money. Especially with a shiny, relatively new building. If you want to cry poverty, talk to the rays. If the pirates had done a better job drafting in the 2000s, they'd have a much better team

Dancicus Fighticus Dancicus Fighticus
Nov '16

In five to 10 years fans may ask "The Mets traded Mike Fulmer for Who?"

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Nov '16

A good example of someone improving plate discipline is Alex Ochoa ... compare his 1998 numbers to 1999 and the rest of his career.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Nov '16

Late to report, but that was a win/win for the Mets and Cespedes to keep him here.

Metsman Metsman
Dec '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.