Need a great place for a massage

I want to treat myself to a full body massage after the holidays but I have no idea where to go. Suggestions please thanks

MommaJ MommaJ
Dec '14

Easton Yoga

Challah Challah
Dec '14

I don't know how far you are willing to travel, but at my old gym Pocono Wellness & Sport in East Stroudsburg there is Marge Keenhold. She is absolutely AMAZING. I have a chronic pain condition so I need a special type of massage and she never, ever let me down. I used to see her once a week. On top of being a really great masseuse, she is a really nice lady.

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Dec '14

Just booked one with Aschoff Chiropractic Center..326 Washington St. Hackettstown, NJ. Phone is 908-303-2063. Ask for Laura and tell her Joyful sent you. She is wonderful!

joyful joyful
Dec '14

I'd recommend Lighten Up - Heather is great! Also have manicures, pedicures, facials and lots of "packages" of services available. Very relaxing place!

ss2cats ss2cats
Dec '14

Whoops... Lighten Up is Budd Lake - Home Goods plaza - next to pizza place/dry cleaner.

ss2cats ss2cats
Dec '14

Massage envy rockaway ask for Kim she is AMAZING

Firstworldproblems Firstworldproblems
Dec '14

Depasquale is amazing!

Candy R. Candy R.
Dec '14

Byram therapeutic massage located in Budd Lake in the annex by home goods. 973-691-8220.

Agree with Ras. Byram Therapeutic in Budd Lake is wonderful. Small intimate place. Lisa is fantastic!

Check out Groupons. I bought a massage for $39, and of course, I tipped on the full amount, so it ended up costing me more, but still a significant bargain. It was wonderful, and so I booked again at full price. Win - win.

observer2 observer2
Dec '14

I've been to massage envy and they're pretty good!

JB0103 JB0103
Dec '14

has anyone been to the guy by Hastings Square?

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Dec '14

Beware of groupons. Call before and make sure there aren't any undisclosed usage rules. They won't list them on the site but when you call and book suddenly they're only good for a 5am session on the third Thursday of the month during a full moon.

Penningslandscaping Penningslandscaping
Dec '14

I agree with you candy R, DePasquale in Denville is definitely Amazing. I've had a few massages there over the years and they have always been excellent. The downside is the travel from here to Denville ... and a long drive back home after a relaxing and /or theraputic massage (and possibly in traffic 'cause you just never know how the highways will be.) I've been thinking about trying Aschoff Chiropractic Center which Joyful recommended and it's right in Hackettstown.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Dec '14

DePasquale, hands down the best massage I have ever had. I treat myself twice a year. The atmosphere is beautiful.

My ONLY complaint is not with the massage itself but with women yapping in the relaxation room where you sit prior to your massage. This room is to enjoy your cappuccino and finger foods in a relaxing environmental. There are usually groups of women and girls all chatting away. There are signs everywhere asking people to be quiet in the room but apparently nobody can read. The massages are worth my aggravation.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Dec '14

My favorite massage place is Main St Massage in Flemington, I never had a bad massage there and they can fit me in the same day I call. I recently went do to horrible neck ans shoulder pain, and Rachel worked on that area the whole time. I feel like DePasquale, all though it's a beautiful place and spa experience, I get the same routine massage there, they never work on the areas I request. I have had massages all over the place, massage envy in Chester, Urban Muse, Michael's, Lighten Up (can't beat their spa deal ran every few months for a hour massage and hour facial- $100), Brass rose when it was around, while traveling, etc. I think it is personal preference on what a great massage is.

Yes, Jazzykatt ,,, you are correct. I also go twice a year, and the atmosphere is lovely plus the finger sandwiches, pastries, fruit, cappuccino, comfy couches and recliners etc. are nice to enjoy. Some people do Not pay any attention to the signs. Perhaps on my next visit, maybe in February, I will politely ask the chatters (if there are any) to please tone it down a bit. Or maybe I'll leave the relaxation room and ask someone in authority to please do so. People should be respectful of those around who are trying to relax pre-massage or facial or whatever while they are waiting to be called, but some unfortunately are not.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Dec '14

Massage school in Stroudsburg! $40.00 for a 60 min massage. Noah is great

Jokester
Dec '14

I've heard Warren County Tech also has students, and last I knew the cost was even less than that.

Depasquale is awesome! My hubby and I go several times a year. Check out either Rizzo or Melissa. I also agree about the yappers in the quiet room. It's called the Quiet Room for a reason......

azgirl69 azgirl69
Dec '14

azgirl69

Do you and your hubby get his and hers massage? Are they in the same room or separate? If so, how is it?

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Dec '14

http://www.warrenhillsmt.com/

Without a doubt, the best and most professional.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Dec '14

I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned Massage Envy in Chester. Yes, they are a chain. Yes, chains get a bad rap. But JUST LIKE ANY MASSAGE PLACE, you need to find the RIGHT MASSEUSE ...FOR YOU. Not every masseuse "works" for every person.

I have a great masseuse at Massage Envy (I need deep tissue- sometimes unpleasant- due to chronic tension headaches). I've actually had a couple of good masseuses there, but I found the "one" for me.

I have heard good things about hastings square- Bernard Cho - we were actually Salvation Army bell ringers together a couple years- and need to try him.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Dec '14

I recently went to Elements in Chester and I really enjoyed it. They are similar to Envy, but I actually liked it better.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Dec '14

I thought Elements in Chester closed? How "recently" were you there?

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Dec '14

@ Jazzykat - no we don't get a couples massage. I see him enough so i need my "me time". lol. But i do see alot of couples in the back in the men's area.

azgirl69 azgirl69
Dec '14

October. They closed and reopened, I believe. When I was there, they told me they reopened in the summer, if I remember correctly.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Dec '14

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!!!!! Hope you all have a wonderful holiday!!!

MommaJ MommaJ
Dec '14

Affinity Tannersville PA . Ask for Erica or Heather. Guys drive from miles around ! you will routinely even see NY plates in parking lot.

Horshey
Dec '14

i don't like strangers touching me

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Dec '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.