What happened to all the stores inside the Ledgewood Mall?

I was at the Ledgewood Mall yesterday. There are No stores inside the inner mall any more!. What the hell is goning on with this landlord? Its a prime location, Lower the rent and fill the place. its DEPRESSING!!! I remember when Arthurs was in that mall back in the day.

The problem with the Ledgewood Mall the way I see it is that the landlord is getting more than enough rent money from Walmart, Marshalls, Macys, and Ashley Furniture to carry the place and make a profit. Obviously he is satified with that instead of lowballing the first years rent for small stores and fulling the dam place!
I dont get it!!!

Mr Negative Mr Negative
May '13

Here's the other thread on this subject:
http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/255817

I noticed that Joann's Fabrics is now where the SteinMart was next to Shoprite. Now I have no reason to go to that mall.

blackcat blackcat
May '13

The inner area is a dead spot. It's a very dated concept, you'd probably have to give it away and make it up on the volume. On the other hand bowling alleys are just as dated and not viable, maybe they could one of those in there. ;-)

Is Payless, Bath and Body Works and the somewhat new mini golf course still there? Or are ALL the few remaining stores kaput? Guess I can call.

I was there about a month ago. Bath and Body Works was still there, and Payless. Not sure about min golf course. I heard that Walmart wants to become a Super Walmart and is looking to expand into a much larger section of the mall - and be 24 hours - so a lot of stores were choosing (or being encouraged) to leave.

Htown Resident Htown Resident
May '13

Mini Golf is still there but doesn't have hours and wasn't open at all but is open to the public yet you have to call a number in order to have it open.. Makes no sense.. If Wal-Mart wants to be a super store they should take over the Circuit City and the old store across from it.. That would be nice!!!!! I can never find what I want in the Mansfield store by me!!

Angie White Angie White
May '13

I was told Macy's is expanding.

Was there 4 fabric Was there 4 fabric
May '13

Hopefully they will hire enough staff to man the registers if they make it a super Walmart. Does anyone else find it hard to check out in Mansfield with a few items due to the shortage of cashiers since they opened the grocery dept? I go to Mt olive anymore I find it much easier.

Grascal
May '13

Grascal, I refuse to shop at the Mansfield Walmart for that exact reason. I imagine the customers they lose (I've put stuff back on the shelf and walked out) would more than nake up for the extra low cost help to keep more registers open.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
May '13

Bring the arcade back!!!

Steve-0 Steve-0
May '13

Only stores still left are Walmart, macys, bath and body works, Payless, Ashley's, Marshall's, a nail salon pizza place and hair salon. The mini golf went out of business in May. But was never open anyway. The mall should be torn down. Rent is very high.

Vance Vance
Jun '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.