Federal Tax Return, issues????

I submitted my tax return on Jan 30th and still says processing. I called yesterday and they stated nothing is wrong but its just still processing.
Anyone else having the same issue?

Confused Confused
Mar '13

Yes!
We had an issue getting our "State" back, we filed with H&R block online and everything went through. So after 3 weeks of waiting we checked back with H&R the total we were suppose to get back had went up? So we called and they made us fill out a paper and send it in and wait another 3 weeks.
Nothing...We finally got a paper stating that they needed more info (SS number, pay stubs ect) and that it would take an additional 6 weeks!
We called and it turns out it was a mistake and they ended up sending us our money and and a letter apologizing.

SB1031 SB1031
Mar '13

I have heard that all returns are delayed this year but I did not hear why they were.

HtownChris HtownChris
Mar '13

I heard the other morning on the news that some refunds are being delayed because of identity theft/fraud and the new safeguards they put in place

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505144_162-57572789/tax-refund-theft-is-nations-fastest-growing-fraud/

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '13

We got our Federal refund direct deposited 8 days after we submitted it. We did it the beginning of March.

jrsemom jrsemom
Mar '13

Just checked the IRS "tracking" on our income tax return and it's still processing. It's been awhile now. Wondering what's taking it so long. My parents mailed their return after we did and they received their refund last week.

Tracy Tracy
Apr '13

If you have a credit for college,it could be the issue, that was delaying a lot of the HR block tax returns.

Sunshine Sunshine
Apr '13

I did mine April 15, finishing online free e-file before midnight and just got my refund back via direct deposit today, just as the "where's my refund" site stated.

Phil D. Phil D.
Apr '13

Same here Phil, filed mine on the 14th, my refund was deposited yesterday. I was shocked at how quickly I received it. Thought for sure since I filed so late, it would take forever to receive the refund.

Bessie Bessie
Apr '13

Just checked mine, too. Filed on the 14th, received yesterday. Didn't receive state yet, though.

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Apr '13

Whats this refund stuff? Filed on 04/12/13,Sent my check 04/15/13. Why give my money and wait to get it back? Makes no sense to me.

Longhorn Longhorn
Apr '13

4/14 fed file, got the stuff yesterday under auto deposit.

still waiting on state but figure Christie will hold it till he squeezes the green out.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Apr '13

We got our state return back the other day. We filed April 12th or so. We owed the Fed a nice check, so no issue there. Thank you AMT!

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '13

Meister, did you get the AMT coming or going (revenue or deductions)? I have done both. They sent me an AMT award but I had to pay for it.

Apr '13

I didn't have any issues. Did turbotax.

Bryan Bryan
Apr '13

Oh, god no, it was going. That was sarcasm. We got hit pretty good. Control is in sales. She got a good bonus the previous year (2011), but it goes on the following year's income (2012) because the company's fiscal year ends in April. Combined with my traditional IRA conversion to a Roth and we got whacked. AMT is stupid. The threshold isn't very high anymore and it seems nobody ever talks about adjusting it. It was instituted a long time ago to prevent rich people from evading taxes. Well, now it's hitting the middle class.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '13

Yeah, I feel for you. I passed on the Roth's because it seemed at this advanced age I would be better off taking my chances on the taxes later when working income was non-existant.

But that said, that's what happened to me on the coming side as well. Rampant selling of options, should have spaced it out but when it's time to move, it's time to move. And then to boot, one of them did not fall onto my W2, I assumed it did, and I really got whacked in the penalty box to boot. Lesson learned: watch those bluebirds, the more there are, the bigger the doo doo.

Multiple kids in college got be on the going side. Everytime I added a $50 deduction, I got $60 in AMT..... Lucky I caught it and could just move some of the deductions to the next year.

The AMT problem has been there for years just as you described. And even CPAs bleed when trying to get inside the formula of what exactly kicks it off. It's bogus, cumbersome, but not the govt. depends on it as their "entitltement." Gee, if we got rid of it, the Tea Party could call it a tax reduction. Oh darn, it does not really effect the super rich so I guess the TPers wouldn't wipe it out (heh heh).

Apr '13

Turbotaxed mine on 4/15/13 about 2 hours before midnight. I tend to procrastinate. Got my return about 5 days later direct to my bank account. I guess the early bird doesn't always get the worm. Still waiting on the State.

Bruin Bruin
Apr '13

Here's an example of the waste of tax payers $$. We did an amendment to our Fed. taxes this year. We filed married, joint and yesterday got a letter saying that we should receive our amended refund check in the next couple of weeks. But, they sent BOTH of us a separate letter, stating the same thing. Since we filed joint, don't you think 1 letter, to Mr & Mrs. would have been enough. SMH!

botheredbyu botheredbyu
May '13

What, you're still living together?

And the Postman delivered it on Saturday......

What causes you to amend taxes because of marriage?

May '13

MG - ?

botheredbyu botheredbyu
May '13

Got my state back this week. First time ever using my refunds to buy something. New hot tub!!! (Replacement of the 19 yr old one) Doing my best to reinvest in the economy with local business people!

Bruin Bruin
May '13

So what caused you to amend taxes because of wedding? Oh my bad; the first tax return was probably married too, right?

(the rest was yet anotherpoor attempt at humor.

May '13

Poor attempt is right :) I was confused. Need I explain my amendment again?

botheredbyu botheredbyu
May '13

After 6 weeks, we received a letter today from the IRS, stating that they need responses to something on our Form 8863 (Education Credits). I'm so glad it took them this long to just send the letter. Now I assume we will be waiting another 6-8 weeks, per the letter, to receive our refund after the information is sent.

New Jersey, on the other hand, hasn't even bothered to process our return yet, per their website.

Tracy Tracy
May '13

Tracy... I feel your pain. I went through the same thing

becca becca
May '13

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.