Princess Doe 30 years later

Anyone know anything?

Mike18 Mike18
Jul '12

My parents attended the memorial service in Blairstown last Sunday. The detectives who were there said they still do not know anything, but they had mockups of what she would have looked like, the clothes she was wearing, etc. I guess there is still hope that at some point they will find someone who will recognize her.

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Jul '12

Update with computerized photo

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/07/30_years_later_unknown_girls_u.html

Such a sad story. Amazing that after all these years they still have no idea who she is.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '12

How can someone (especially young girl) be missing 30 years and no one reports it. Very, very strange.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Jul '12

I wish I'd known there was a memorial service. I was a kid when she was found (not quite 9), but I remember it so clearly, I guess because not much significant happens in these parts, or maybe because it was the first time a crime hit so close to home. I guess a sort of innocence, in the sense that nothing like that could happen in "my little world" was lost. When visiting Cedar Ridge cemetery I always spend a moment at her grave wondering how it's possible that no one has ever claimed her. So sad. Someone, somewhere, loved her at some time...

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Jul '12

Some comments in the article suggested she could have been European. That could explain why nobody has claimed her.

Very sad that her life was cut so short.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Jul '12

So very sad that still 30 years later, despite all the efforts, they don't know who this woman is.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Jul '12

A couple of interesting links to this story

www.princessdoe.org

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=44823

Phil D. Phil D.
Jul '12

My heart aches not only for Princess, but for the fact that she has not been identified. I grew up in B'town and remember this (I was 11). In all honesty, I remember the shooting/death of Trooper Lamonaco more vividly (probably because State Troopers showed up at our house that nite due to suspicions the killers were hiding out somewhere on my road) but it's just so awful that a small town had 2 such awful incidents! After what happened today in CO, it really drives home to me that no matter where I am, my safety is not guaranteed! Be aware of your surroundings!!

May God or, whatever higher power you praise, bless us all!!!!

Lifeistooshort Lifeistooshort
Jul '12

Lifeistooshort,

Do you remember "tiger lady" as well? Another teen murdered & dumped, found in Knowlton

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Jul '12

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.