Mall Shopping- Outlets, etc.

Just wondering if anyone shops at malls or outlets anymore.
There are so many (like Pburg Mall) that have closed down.
I like the Crossings but sometimes feel it's far to drive.
Does anyone go to Livingston Mall, etc.
Please a heads-up and recco's needed.

I'm a big fan of Boscov's, the family-owned chain of department stores. It reminds me of when I worked for a Montgomery Ward store (Sporting Goods) back in the late 70's in Butler, PA. That said, I go out to the Palmer Park Mall just for that, the Calendar store and a number of others. The record store is now out there too, though I haven't had a chance to go out there yet since it's opened. I'll be out there Christmas shopping sometime in the near future. May run into old friends that still love to shop there too.

From there, you can also head straight up the road towards the Airport. There's a large number of larger stores and places to eat in that area and nearby.

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '22

Needed to go to Macy’s so I visited the Rockaway Mall several days ago.
First time in any Mall in years, certainly since arrival of Covid.
No crowd.
Some major stores gone.
And a ton of little stores that I’ve never heard of.

Stymie Stymie
Oct '22

Willowbrook Mall in Wayne, NJ about 45 minutes from Hackettstown.

Hackresident Hackresident
Oct '22

I work by the Bridgewater mall so I have eaten lunch there recently. it is less crowded but I do go on a week day for lunch. Have visited a store every so often … Apple Store … Lego store …

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Oct '22

The Macy's in Rockaway mall is terrible, looks like they are going out of business to me, and the staff less than helpful. Drove to Willowbrook, so much nicer and a lot more options to choose from.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Oct '22

Don't forget Short Hills Mall - upscale but there's a Macy's etc there

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '22

I am also a big fan of Boscov's. Great Department store.
Outlets seem to be hit or miss. The Parkway Outlets at exit 100 were very nice, but I have not been since 2020, so not sure how they are now.

happycamper happycamper
Oct '22

The only mall worth it in NJ is Short Hills, followed by American Dream. My girls ask to go to the mall, which is typically a 2 hour jaunt, because they are in and out of the small stores. We went to Macy's in Rockaway and Bridgewater for a formal dress and suit recently, and stock is either low, or the designs are hideous. I wound up getting a dress at TJ Max. SH and AD are a great experience, and you don't just go for the shopping. In all of the other malls there are a lot of empty stores, stores closing, etc.

kelleo22 kelleo22
Oct '22

Re: Mall Shopping- Outlets, etc.

Peddler's Village in Lahaska, PA, is very pretty leading up to Christmas (see photo). Many small shops, not a mall.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Nov '22

I really enjoy going to Rockaway mall during lunch time. It's very quiet and peaceful. I'll grab a bubble tea at Gong Cha, check out one of the last Mall bookstores in books-a-million, check out the CD vinyl store, and have lunch at Chipotle and they have a good one there

BigTexasCrude
Nov '22

If you want to take an hour drive north you can check out Woodbury common. It’s a massive outlet that has every brand under the sun. When I was a kid they had really fantastic deals because most of the stuff there was from the prior season. Some stores still have that but it’s mostly current season clothing with current season pricing. Insane selection of brands and everything from clothes to stereos to luxury watches and leather goods. Bring your walking shoes. The place is massive.

Consigliere
Nov '22

thanks all for the great ideas.

Woodbridge Mall is the best mall, but that is almost 1 hour from Hackettstown.

And Menlo Park Mall a few blocks before Woodbridge Mall., Both on Rt. 1.

And someone mentioned Bridgewater Mall above.

Hackresident Hackresident
Nov '22

I go to Bridgewater often and it is good. Have not been to Menlo Park for a while and Woodbridge even longer.

this is a good thread!
didn't know that many people still shop at malls.
That's a good thing, to support local as well. and otherwise.

Boscov's in Palmer Park Mall. We hit the Polish deli in P'burg on the way home from there. There is also a nice Hallmark store next to it. North on 248 is also a lot of other stores and places to eat. We usually do Olive Garden.

Magpie Magpie
Nov '22

Barnes and Noble is coming back to Ledgewood Commons at the old location of Sports Authority . January 17th is the planned opening date .

https://www.dailyrecord.com/story/news/2023/11/27/barnes-noble-sets-reopening-date-in-roxbury-nj/71717088007/

97XBAM 97XBAM
Nov '23

Thank you for sharing, I was heart broken when they closed a few years ago. Thomas Jefferson “I can not live without books”

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Nov '23

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Mall Shopping- Outlets, etc.
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.