Popeyes

Any news on Popeyes coming to the area?

Jeanne D. Jeanne D.
Oct '22

Only a matter of time

Re: Popeyes

They're building one in Phillipsburg right now. Looks like the curb's all in...

ianimal ianimal
Oct '22

Pretty sure they are looking to put one in front of the mall where Piggy’s was.

Earnhardt
Oct '22

Near piggys..on the pad

Bug3
Oct '22

Thanks. I thought I had seen something about it on HL a while ago, but nothing recently.

Jeanne D. Jeanne D.
Oct '22

Anyone know any updates on this? Haven't seen any change in the pad site location nor have I seen any updates in the board meeting minutes in a few months. Just wondering if this was still expected or got canned?

Popeyeslover
Jan '23

Heard they got water and sewer approval.

Richie
Jan '23

Popeyes would be great. We also need 1) Chipotle 2) Trader Joe's

Reginald
Jan '23

Don’t forget Whole Foods and a Ruth’s Chris

Philliesman Philliesman
Jan '23

If I had enough funds I would build a Roy Rogers franchise. Roast beef sandwiches, burgers and fried chicken all with a fixings bar. We already have a KFC that nobody goes to now, I see Popeye's as another fried chicken restaurant which will starve at night.

Robert Rowe Robert Rowe
Jan '23

Actually I saw a commercial last night for Kentucky fried Chicken $5 for their pot pies not sure how much they cost but I know the pot pies Marie callender's have been awfully expensive and any of the supermarkets around here there's a very expensive so I am curious and I might just go there this week and get two of them because I do like a good chicken pot pie and some buttermilk biscuits.

Outdoor Women Outdoor Women
Jan '23

Mr Rowe, There is a good reason why no one goes to that KFC. I've personally gotten my fair share of soggy chicken and cold sides. If I recall there was a Roy Rogers in Flemington... It didn't last to long, I think like 4 years- 2016-2020. I do not know why they closed but they did have alot of bad google reviews. Flemington like Hackettstown has a lot of fast food competition.

OP: I used to like KFC grilled until the guy noted that the reason I could not get it quickly is that no one orders it so they threw it out to cook new because it sits forever. Somehow that did not make me feel good about all the times I got it quickly.......

Babbit Babbit
Jan '23

They converted a KFC that no one went to in Flemington into a Roy Rogers that no one ultimately wound up going to.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '23

Ultimately it became a Slim Chickens that everybody in the area NEVER went too and closed up. Food is weird down here in Flemington...
https://www.mycentraljersey.com/story/news/local/development/2020/03/02/njs-first-slim-chickens-open-flemington-former-roy-rogers/4928861002/

Lennyrock Lennyrock
Jan '23

Just passed by the old Roy Rogers site in Flemington yesterday. It's an empty building right now, next to the Chimney Rock Inn. I went once for the nostalgia factor.

I've never been to the Mountain Ave. KFC but I've heard so many nightmare stories about their quality I would never. Honestly some of my favorite fried chicken wings are from China Garden. Chinese fried chicken wings just hit different.

honestyseasy honestyseasy
Jan '23

Our wait is over ! Coming this summer !

I miss the Golden Skillet. I liked the Chicken from Golden Skillet and the sides from KFC, but things got weird at KFC a number of years ago, and I haven't been back!

Mr 4Paws Mr 4Paws
Jan '23

Anything new on this?

eapos eapos
Jul '23

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Popeyes
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.