new furnace help

We're going to be replacing our 30 year old oil burner. Seems like a couple installers use Hallmark/Regal furnaces made in Boyertown Pa. I can't seem to find any reviews on them on the internet. Anybody have any experiences with these oil burners? Or any other reccomendations on oil burners or installers.

I would consider parts availability as well as knowledge of that make by any service person. It could be a small pool of people who are familiar with any idiosyncrasy's potentially associated with that make. I would lean toward a larger manufacturer like perhaps Weil McLain or Lennox for example. All service folks know those makes and parts are always abundant.

Just a thought.

Thanks, Greg. I do have someone coming from Rockaway tomorrow who deals with Carrier. They're one of the top brands. I know i'll pay a lot more, but as you say, parts availability is important. I wish the installer was more local in case of emergency. I've read a few negative reviews about Lennox so I'm avoiding them. They're not supposed to be as reliable as they use to be-like just about everything else these days!

I'd consider a Goodman. Good warranty. Gallagher's is local and they install them and service them. We've had a Goodman HVAC for almost 10 years and it's been flawless. My brother-in-law had them install his and he's been happy with it.

Mr. Resident Mr. Resident
May '22

Mr. Resident, I too have a Goodman AC but unfortunately they don't make oil furnaces .Only gas. Thanks for the reply though.

Peerless, Gallaghers.

hammer hammer
May '22

You could try advanced heating and air conditioning in asbury..They install thermopride furnaces..one of the better brands

Bug3
May '22

Region energy. Give them a call.

Forcefed4door Forcefed4door
May '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: new furnace help
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.