Recommendation for a Primary Doctor

Hello all,

I am new to the area and I wanted to know what are your recommendation for a Primary Doctor or practice my family can go to.

Thank you all!

Kynibe Kynibe
Oct '20

Dr. Jeffrey Merkle........254B Mountain Ave.

Richie
Oct '20

Agreed on Merkle.

Dr Rygielski at Hackettstown family medicine

I also really like Dr. Jeffrey Merkle.

Mr. Joe Mr. Joe
Oct '20

Depends on your insurance.

pampurr1 pampurr1
Oct '20

Dr. Sanjay Kavathia, 616 Willow Grove St. across from the Hospital.

Big Al Big Al
Oct '20

John McGraw in Andover. He is old school and actually spends time with his patients. 973 579 6300. He is part of Premier Health Associates and have a list of insurances that they accept.

For reals For reals
Oct '20

Merkle for me.

Dr. Merkle for adults and kids.

TownMom5
Oct '20

Please stop recommending Dr. Merkle or he won't have time for us "old timers"

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '20

Dr. Ingrassia at Hackettstown Medical hands down. The best in the area and really knows her stuff.

hackettresident
Oct '20

I had problems with Dr. I with wrong medication and not listening, so I guess you lucked out.

DogDayAfternoon
Oct '20

I did as Dr. Ingrassia diagnosed a benign tumor that saved my life and is the best doctor. Been going to her for almost fifteen years now.

hackettresident
Oct '20

Isn’t a benign tumor, benign? Or still causes issues if not removed?

Glad it worked out, yea!

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Oct '20

Still causes issues if not removed and almost blinded me. Dr. Ingrassia ordered the MRI that diagnosed it and saved my life.

hackettresident
Oct '20

Another vote for Dr Ingrassia and especially her practitioner Denise !

Ziggy Ziggy
Oct '20

Another Vote for Dr Ingrassia and Denise Kelly Jones, been going to her since she came to town. She will tell you like it is.

Mr 4paws Mr 4paws
Oct '20

Good catch by the doc! Thanks.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Oct '20

Dr Jeff Merkel is the best. Not so much for Dr Ingrassia.

Bernie Bernie
Oct '20

Are there any other female primary doctors other than Dr. Ingrassia's office that people use now? Thank you.

DogDayAfternoon
Jul '23

Antonella Auciello--Atlantic Health
https://findadoctor.atlantichealth.org/provider/Antonella+Auciello/642361

Mr. Resident Mr. Resident
Jul '23

Do you use her, Mr. Resident? I've Googled and ZocDoc-ed, etc, but hoping someone says someone personally. Thanks very much.

DogDayAfternoon
Jul '23

DogDay

I’ve been going to Dr Antonella Auciello for years. She’s a great doctor. She has a new doctor in the office, Dr Irina Stojanovska who is very knowlefgeable and highly recommended

Local Gal Local Gal
Jul '23

DogDay--yes, she's my primary. I've been with her for about 10 years--right after Sandhu's office was closed. No complaints.

Mr. Resident Mr. Resident
Jul '23

I've been a patient of Dr. Lillian Theune for years, and she's very good. Listens, talks with you, great bedside manner.

summerrain1 summerrain1
Jul '23

Thank you all. Summerrain1, I just heard from someone today that said that, too. Thanks.

DogDayAfternoon
Jul '23

Try Dr Merkle and office. I like them and I am not a lover of going to the doctors.

BERNIE BERNIE
Jul '23

Dr. Ingrassia is the best and tells it like it is. She knows her stuff and is by the far the best doctor in the area.

mangomustgo
Jul '23

We all think ours is the best ever-

4catmom 4catmom
Jul '23

mangomustgo, I respectfully disagree. She 'thinks' she knows everything. She was wrong on two major things with me. Sorry. No doctor is perfect.

DogDayAfternoon
Jul '23

I was merely observing that many, when giving recommendations of all sorts, state that theirs is “the best”…….not something I’ve stated when offering a recommendation. How did this get so confused?

4catmom 4catmom
Jul '23

I too have to give Dr Ingrassia (908) 797-0050 a big thumbs up. Been going there for years.

Mr 4Paws Mr 4Paws
Jul '23

Dr Jimmy Chang

Lori
Jul '23

I second JImmy Chang @ plaza family care!

Sandy Sandy
Jul '23

Received a letter today that Dr. Rygielski is leaving the practice. I heard she was moving. Now I have to find another new primary - ugh! I liked Dr. Jamie!

Luca2 Luca2
Nov '23

still recommending Dr. Merkle and his Physician Assistants - like them all

4catmom 4catmom
Nov '23

Luca2:

Check out reviews for any of the above-mentioned doctors on Healthgrades.com as well as Google reviews for more in-depth patient reviews and experiences. It’s enlightening

Local Gal Local Gal
Nov '23

Luca2 — me too, I am devastated! Love her and it took me so long to find a doctor I liked who listened to me… Sigh…

Dr. Merkle and his PA Donna Ryan are excellent. I've been with the practice since he started his practice in town. As mentioned in other posts, they take time to answer your questions and listen to your concerns. The medical assistants are very knowledgeable and provide essential information and follow-up regarding prescriptions and procedures.

dan l dan l
Nov '23

We’ve been seeing Dr.Merkle for years. His an excellent doctor and does take his time with you. The issue now is he is so popular his losing his touch with keeping up with his patients adults and pediatrics. We were very disappointed with the follow through from him and his staff after we saw our children’s test results and it took weeks to get answers after following up everyday and his staff in the front desk mentioned over and over he or the nurse will call you today, sorry about this. Like we don’t want an apology we want to know our childrens results. Never happened until we went in person for the results and waited a while to speak the nurse. In addition, the same thing happened to my partner recently with test results and call after call after call. It’s very disappointing

Aye80 Aye80
Nov '23

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Recommendation for a Primary Doctor
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.