New CBD Dispensary On Mountain Ave.

New CBD Dispensary On Mountain Ave.

It seems to be a CBD Dispensary & Natural Healing Store. What a nice addition to have a shop like this in town. It appears their other location in Sparta has enjoyed great success. I wish them well!

They are next to Mand's Barber Parlour and Philly Pretzel.

https://mycannacampus.com/about-us

Awesome! CBD has become very popular over the last 6 months!

Sounds like Hackettstown is hitting new lows every day

Bug3
Jul '19

CBD oil is 100% legal. It has no TCH and it can't get you "high". Health stores and even pet stores sell them.

2 stand alone CBD stores are set to open up in town. They are completely different then medical marijuana stores and recreational marijuana stores. Both of which are currently not premitted in town.

The Land Use Board will discuss limiting stand alone CBD oil stores in town at the July meeting. Just as the town has limits on certain other types of stores.

Jim L Jim L
Jul '19

“CBD oil is 100% legal. It has no TCH and it can't get you "high". Health stores and even pet stores sell them.”

Very minimal amount but it does have THC... and you may not get a head high but you will get a body high depending on how you take it

Lunch lady Lunch lady
Jul '19

Matilda is correct.
Some facts regarding CBD from their website:

1) DOES IT GET YOU HIGH?
No! It will make you feel uplifted, but it does not interact with your brain in the same way THC does. In fact, CBD is antagonistic to the marijuana high, meaning it prevents THC molecules from binding to the brain's receptors. CBD actually counteracts THC.

2) HOW DOES IT WORK?
While THC directly binds to the CB1 receptor, CBD elevates the endocannabinoids that your body makes to stimulate them instead. It also opens pathways and ion channels to help your brain work at a higher functionality.

3) WHAT IS IT USED FOR?
CBD is commonly used for a multitude of reasons, but the most common are: pain, inflammation, depression, anxiety and seizures.

4) DOES CBD COME FROM MARIJUANA OR HEMP? AND WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO?
Marijuana and hemp are two very different varieties of the cannabis plant. In general, CBD is found abundantly in both. However it is important to note that CBD is typically found in the seeds and stems of marijuana- not in the flowering buds. The hemp plant is an entirely different strain of cannabis that contains high quantities of CBD through the entire plant- with practically zero traces of THC. Every product in our store comes from industrial hemp.

5) IS CBD LEGAL?
With the passing of the "Farm Bill" in 2018, hemp was removed from the scheduled list and made legal as an agricultural commodity.

So in reality it does nothing...if it had medicinal purpose it would have been thoroughly tested and only available from a doctor

Bug3
Jul '19

"if it had medicinal purpose it would have been thoroughly tested and only available from a doctor"

Only if a major drug company with drug reps produced it and pitched it to doctors. . Doctors usually only deal with prescription drugs not natural herbal medicine.

Jim L Jim L
Jul '19

If its on the internet...it must be true....my bad....even if its " herbal"... in reality its snake oil

Bug3
Jul '19

Yup those children who suffers from horrible seizures who take CBD and thc fully believe it's snake oil. I guess they just pretend their seizures stop. Jesus people need to research things, and no a forum, including this one doesn't count.

On a different not I know Hackettstown at this point will not allow a medical store, but how permanent is that decision?

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Jul '19

Yesimpc,

I invite you to come to the July 23rd Land Use Board at 7pm. Someone will be presenting to the board information regarding Medical marijuana at that meeting. If the LUB feels it is a benefit, then they can discuss locations, zoning, limits etc. The LUB would then send their recommendations to Town Council regarding changing their ordinance that banned medical to allow it. So i would say it is not permanent, talks will begin on 7/23.

Jim L Jim L
Jul '19

Jim- Am I correct in stating in the ordinance the actual ban on a medical marijuana dispensary in town was a 5 year moratorium? I thought I recall the Mayor adding that thought at one of the meetings. I will say I have not read the adopted ordinance though.

I rather have a dispensary than another quick check, Wa Wa, nail salon ect.

I look forward to this new business!

Htown Newbie Htown Newbie
Jul '19

I prefer SAE oil to CBD. When you have creaky joints it's just like a lubricant. A certain type called GL5 works best for me.

TonyM. TonyM.
Jul '19

Was at a dispensary in Canada. Very classy place. Spotless. Neat and organized. And they follow strict rules. Would def rather have one of these in the area than a dumpy fast food place.

YeahRight YeahRight
Jul '19

I'll be checking it out tomorrow. I've heard first hand great results some people have had.

Denis Denis
Jul '19

TonyM.

Yeah that GL5 certainly helps get your rearend gear running smoothly;-)

Phil D. Phil D.
Jul '19

I’m looking forward to checking this place out

Happygirl Happygirl
Jul '19

I asked about this on another thread. I asked, researched, talked to doctors, sought reviews, and even spoke to users. Decided to try CBD capsules for all-over body pains. Pain was so bad that I could barely do the simplest of tasks, climb stairs or even get off the 'john'. After 2 weeks of using 15 mg AM, and 15mg PM, I have experienced significant relief. Leg pain in bed would keep me up for ours, until I finally fell asleep out of complete exhaustion. Now, pain is almost gone and I sleep.
For me, this has been a miracle. I can only hope results will stay the same or maybe improve over time.
It should also be noted that I'd tried many other remedies, light prescriptions and even opioids. None of which gave long term relief without significant side effects. So please don't mock or criticize those desperate to try.

USAfirst USAfirst
Jul '19

Their Facebook page says the Hackettstown location does not open until August. I'm looking forward to checking it out. CBD has proven benefits and it's not snake oil. I've been using it for arthritis and IBS. It does work better for some people when administered with some THC, but that's not what the CBD stores are selling.

As for a medical MJ dispensary, I hope the town changes its tune. The state's medical MJ program is expanding and the number of people with medical cards is growing. Six dispensaries will open throughout the state (including Phillipsburg), supposedly by the end of the year, and the state is now accepting applications for more dispensaries beyond those 6 new ones. For some people with certain conditions, a combination of CBD and THC can be quite beneficial. For towns opening dispensaries, it could mean added revenue.

SquirrelGirl SquirrelGirl
Jul '19

There’s also a CBD place going next to the deta gas station(or Phillips 66 now) on 46.

Werked
Jul '19

While I don't use CBD and don't plan to use it, I'm happy to see a new Hackettstown store getting a lot of buzz (no pun intended). And as always, it's better than an empty storefront.

honestyseasy honestyseasy
Jul '19

Oh come on SG; it is snake oil in that its not fully medically tested; there are zippo guarantees about purity, strength, additives, etc. Not even 100% agreement that it does work.....and work for what?

Just like many natural cures.

The fact that it does help many for so many things is great. The fact it is natural, beyond any mystery additives, is great.

I can’t wait to try it.

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
Jul '19

This town doesn't need anything else to affect their bad driving skills.

Doll
Jul '19

Hope this stuff calms everyone down, and gives them the munchies. This will be a triple win-the sale of the CBD, the boon to all the restaurants in town, plus more business for the weight loss and gym establishments as well. Not only that but it will put less stress on law enforcement as everyone will just mellow out...

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Jul '19

How do you know how much to take? Consult Dr. Google?

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jul '19

Since it’s practically impossible to overdose. You take the amount that works for you. And if you don’t want to take it you don’t. I don’t understand what all the reefer madness mentality types wish to achieve. If you don’t want to use it then don’t. There’s several pharmacies within town limits with enough drugs in stock to kill dozens of people. There isn’t enough cbd or to thc in the state to kill one person.

Matilda Fuentess Matilda Fuentess
Jul '19

When marijuana is legalized. This will be our first pot store. Good move on their part.

Welcome!!

Looking forward to checking it out!

Summer Summer
Jul '19

"Sounds like Hackettstown is hitting new lows every day"
-------------------------------
Bet you love all the liquor stores and brew pubs and stores that sell cigarettes. lmao

"So in reality it does nothing...if it had medicinal purpose it would have been thoroughly tested and only available from a doctor"

-------------------------------
No different from caffeine, but I'll bet you have coffee every day.

what's with all the grumpy old men in Hackettstown? Maybe a little CBD oil would calm them down.

HackersShouldDie HackersShouldDie
Jul '19

Is all CBD oil the same?... are there any standards?

Bug3
Jul '19

Anybody know where the phillips 66 station is in town? I am trying to figure out the second location

Bug3
Jul '19

Go down Main Street, turn down Ethan 46 towards Target, it’s on the right.. It used to be a dentist office..

Havaclue Havaclue
Jul '19

For the last 5 years my wife has worked as a dog trainer for a veterinary behaviorist, dealing with dogs with all sorts of serious problems. They treat with a range of medications and/or therapies, of course, depending on the specific problems at hand. In some cases they CBD oil has shown tremendous results.

"Snake oil" it is definitely not.

Monty Monty
Jul '19

The dog version is about $10 cheaper. It's what Kosmo Kramer uses.

fire251 fire251
Jul '19

Flanders is going to have a medical marijuana dispensary.

MedicalMari MedicalMari
Jul '19

Where did you hear Flanders is getting one?

Booster90 Booster90
Jul '19

On WRNJ the other day. They were discussing it. Actually had someone from the town talking about it but can't remember who it was.

MedicalMari MedicalMari
Jul '19

Cannabis Dispensary Personnel - Veterans Preferred
Impel Health and Wellness - Mount Olive, NJ
Apply Now

Veteran-owned business seeking experienced veterans to work in Medical Marijuana Dispensary.

All positions needed for the day to day operations of the dispensary, including sales, inventory, reporting, customer service and security. Responsible for the growth and success of the store. Substantial time will be spent on developing and training staff, driving sales, and ensuring patients received excellent service.

Experience in healthcare, finance or other highly regulated industry preferred. Veterans strongly preferred.

Job Type: Full-time

Experience:

Relevant: 2 years (Preferred)

Mount Olive, NJ (Preferred)

Work authorization:

United States (Required)

Additional Compensation:

Bonuses
Other forms

Work Location:

One location

MedicalMari MedicalMari
Jul '19

Mt. Olive?! There’s no Dispensary there

Booster90 Booster90
Jul '19

Why Monty? Did the clients tell you?

By snake oil, I meant little analytical scientific studies, that’s all. I think that’s the case. Still can do everything claimed. And if it works for man or beast, keep using it. Can’t prove harm either.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Jul '19

I have visited the shop in Sparta, looking forward to the August 3rd opening in town.

Outsider Outsider
Jul '19

Yeah our town leaders will ensure we spend our dollars in another town in Morris county. Then raise our taxes

Don...they could spend our dollars in Hackettstown and taxes would still go up

Bug3
Jul '19

Would it cause a failed drug test?

& of course the real herb is cheaper.

Consistent use of CBD could trigger a false positive for marijuana because of the low amount of THC that could be in the CBD. I don’t remember the level of THC that is allowed less than a half percent I think.

Don just received my 2019/2020 preliminary tax bill. Taxes in Hackettstown did go up. Holy Crap. School and Municipal taxes.

Pampurr Pampurr
Jul '19

Only so many cows to milk in Hackettstown and they're milking them dry. Still amazing how much we pay for what we have. Kids have no AC, mold in schools, confined spaces, antiquated facilities. Yet the people that keep posting here whether they sit on the BOE or the BID will tell you just how fine everything else is. Avert your eyes to the rental housing that will demolish this town while the infrastructure offers no changes to accommodate. They act like we're in some kind of oasis of reasonable taxes for what we get. I don't think those folks travel to Morris county very often.

pampurr let's be honest with your "holy crap". Your town portion of taxes went up less than $3/mo.

Avg home in Hackettstown is assessed at $276,000 and for the avg home the local taxes went up $35.90/yr or $2.99/mo.

Jim L Jim L
Jul '19

Hackettstown hired more police? How many do we have currently?

Pampurr Pampurr
Jul '19

And it didn't take long for the Calvary to come out of the woodwork. Yes we did hire at least one more police officer. The ticket writing has never been better. Yet, children are almost struck each day with idiots racing to a stop sign to turn on willow grove. No police presence ever. I literally watch people doing close to 50 coming in an out of a development. So many cops so little to do. There's more money in an under 50 gram weed bust.

http://www.hackettstown.net/police

19 full time police officers and a Class III that patrols Main St. Back up to the number of officers the town had years ago.

it was discussed at multiple town meetings that the increase in volume of calls warranted the increase in staff. Both men are locals, did amazing in the academy and are already proving to be assets to the town.

Jim L Jim L
Jul '19

http://www.hackettstownpd.net/Our_Department.html

Looks pretty stacked for a 3 square mile town, that's adjacent to Mansfield and Washington each with its own force. This is usually practice of municipalities in NJ. Double up and double down on raising taxes. So between these 3 municipalities, imagine what our tax dollars are to give these guys a paid pension retirement at 45.

But nothings wrong. Look away and don't ask questions.

Our PDs in NJ are some of the most highest paid in the country.

Pampurr Pampurr
Jul '19

Don do you know how many roads there are in town? Do you know how many miles of road there are in town that they cover? Do you know how many police are on staff per shift? Do you know how many calls they avg per shift? Do you know how many out of town calls they assist on per shift? Do you know any actual facts?

i agree with you, for someone who knows no actual facts i can see how you think we are stacked. :)

Jim L Jim L
Jul '19

How many? Give us the details?

Pampurr Pampurr
Jul '19

So anyway back to the new CBD dispensary.... Website says Grand Opening is August 3rd.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '19

Here's what we do know, Hackettstown has 19 police for approx. 10k people, yet the FBI stats show a national average of 16 officers per 10k residents for towns 50-100k+ (they don't have smaller figures but that makes it sound as though we potentially have 3 more cops than needed based on averages).

For a reference, Hackettstown is the same ratio of police to population as Woodbridge, yet Woodbridge is 6.6 times larger than our small town. Shall we compare the number of calls to other comparably staffed departments to see how Hackettstown stands up?

jnnjr jnnjr
Jul '19

What’s the crime stats here in Hackettsown? Does Centenary College have it’s own police force or do they depend on the HPD? My husband has been here over sixty two years. There was a time when the Hackettstown PD were staffed by five full time police and handled the entire town. They did a great job and they lived in the community. Justify nineteen please?

Pampurr Pampurr
Jul '19

Centenary while operating tax free in Hackettstown, uses all the services of Hackettstown including the police force.

While I don't think it's 19 actual patrol officers, the increase does help with increased town revenues. More cops, more tickets, more cluttered court loads, more money. It's the NJ formula. And once the creep happens, we the tax payers get to enjoy watching another group join the six figure pension plan.

There is no justification for the increase in police force anywhere, especially when you have neighboring towns with equal or greater police forces. And as JimL states, these guys need to go to other towns and help out. Not sure why, not sure how often, and on my dime?

But don't ask questions or try to change anything. Public workers take offense to someone possibly suggesting their not needed.

Any proof Don? Links, numbers, maybe an anecdote for spice. We don’t wear no empty hats round here ya know :-)

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Jul '19

To get back on topic - I noticed that Shoprite pharmacy sells CBD products. Thus I presume the chain drug stores are (or will be) selling them. This being a death knell for the mom & pop type stores.

Don, why doesn’t Centenary not pay taxes to the town? Why do the taxpayers of Hackettstown have to pay for their services especially the Police Force?

Pampurr Pampurr
Jul '19

They are a non-profit so they file a 990 form. If the college was in any other town the same would apply. They probably pay a small amount compared to what Rutgers or Montclair pays.

And to get back on topic: not all CBD is the same. The concentrations, the purity. I would assume a specialized store, albeit a Mom & Pop, would certainly carry only the best you can buy, as opposed to Shop Rite or Target which cost is the issues. The really good CBD isn't as cheap.

As I said way above, this is a good thing. This store will certainly be in the front of the line when recreational marijuana is legalized in NJ. And it will be legalized. And at some point in the not so distant future it will be federally. So the early adopters already have a foothold and probably close to most of the licensing.

In MA, after legalization the majority of dispensaries and "wellness" shops already had the leg up advantage in getting the paper work done and made the transition with the recreational license. NJ already has a game plan, and the cronies that run Trenton already have family in the game. Too much infighting and it would have gotten done in May.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.