Diesel Mechanic

Tried searching the forum but this didn't appear to be covered. I'm looking for a place that services diesel engines, specifically 6.0 liter Ford (2006).

Any recommendation would be appreciated. I know I can always head to Smith but prefer to deal with someone in town if there is anyone. Need general maintenance and someone that can to routine service (Oil, tune up maybe recommend performance enhancements for long trips.)

Agust Agust
Feb '19

Try American Coach Werks in Stanhope past Lenape Valley HS. They are excellent and specialize in diesel. https://americancoachwerksllc.com

Hack167 Hack167
Feb '19

Bill's Service Center.

https://billsservicecenterinc.com

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '19

NJDRP in great meadows NJ they are one of the best shops around I have a 6.0 and I bring it to NJDRP

Brenden
Feb '19

Go to Cory brothers

Agreed- either Cory or NJDRP.

Musicgal
Feb '19

Bill's Service Center on 46 in Hackettstown!!

Mom of 3 Mom of 3
Feb '19

Go on njdrp ( north jersey diesel repair performance ) or Cory brothers website both businesses have extensive knowledge of the Powerstroke 6.0 . That Motor can have some issues that a hard to diagnose. But both Cory and njdrp are pros to say the least. Than can provide tuneing that the dealer can’t. You have to have special expensive tools that standard shops do not have to work on them. Good luck.

Billy Mack
Feb '19

Hi Agust,

I am assuming that you have an F series pickup truck, correct ?

Call Mike at On The Move Auto, he is a Ford trained diesel mechanic, very fair and honest, and I highly recommend him, he is right here in H'town. 908-850-8006.

Call John at Corey Brothers. My 6.0 was eating coolant like crazy. I thought it was stretched head studs (a known issue on the 6.0) which involves removing the cab on the truck. Not good. That's what the dealer told me. Took it to John and he diagnosed it as a bad EGR valve. Repair wasn't cheap, but it's fixed and I learned ALOT from him. Its a 2006 with 54000 miles and while not stock it's not wildly modified. For a diesel, I would go no where else. Don't know the other shops people have mentioned, they may be great, but John took great care of me

neimad neimad
Feb '19

I miss the 7.3. It was a fun one.
The 6.0 can be made bulletproof as well, with some pricey additions.
EGR is a known issue. Aftermarket parts available that help with that problem. It's probably the first thing that should be addressed with that motor.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Feb '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.