Fireworks or explosion sounds at ITC Crossing this PM?

I was at the ITC Crossing shopping center outside of Bed Bath and Beyond today around 3:30pm. There was what sounded like an extended period of fire works coming from the Trade Zone area maybe near the Fedex building on Clark Drive. It sounded very strange (maybe because the area is so open and it was echoing back from the buildings) there was smoke in the sky where the sound was coming from. Everyone just stood in the parking lot looking in the area of the explosions - someone mentioned it might be fireworks - but it was mid-afternoon. Does anyone know what the sound and smoke was from. Like I said, It was very strange and a little alarming. Thanks in advance.

Treetops Treetops
Oct '18

My husband works in the ITC and he said somebody was blasting the ground because they are building another building on waterloo

Irisheyes Irisheyes
Oct '18

It was fireworks.

I received a Nixle alert from Netcong Boro at 2:07pm that stated that a private group would be setting of fireworks between 3pm - 4pm at St Michael's Church in Netcong.

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '18

Fireworks in the daylight? Quite odd.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Oct '18

It was fireworks for sure. I was in the area at the time.

When blasting, the sound is nothing like what was heard yesterday.

I'm not sure these were the type that had a display of color then the report. It must have been just the report. Nothing like a loud afternoon bang! LOL

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.