New place on Main Street? [Dragon's Hoard expanding]

Anyone know what's moving in next to Dragon's Hoard on Main Street? There had been a thrift store there and now i notice there's a curtain up on the window. Obvious nail salon/ barber shop joke is obvious, please don't bother.
Thanks!

Dancicus Fighticus Dancicus Fighticus
Oct '18

Dragon hoard is expanding. last I heard from the thrift shop owner. She moved over to main street Andover - antique store strip. Her new location is great!

Yes, that's Dragon's Hoard expanding.

DevilsFan1 DevilsFan1
Oct '18

My apologies, what is Dragon's Hoard?

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '18

Calico: The Dragon's Hoard is a board game store. It's got a nice inventory with, last time I checked, space in the back to play as well.

With the expansion, who knows. It might have enough room for D&D groups to meet, which would be awesome. Possibly card game leagues or something of that nature.

Harker Harker
Oct '18

Calico, my apologies in advance - laughingly let me say, lmgtfy;-)

https://www.facebook.com/dragonshoardgameshop/

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '18

Thrift Shop owner terrific person.
Hope she finds success in Andover.

Stymie Stymie
Oct '18

Oh, that's good news. Dragon's Hoard is a great, unique addition to the Main Street Strip. The owner is a nice guy and really knows his stuff. Regarding Harker's comment, I'm almost positive they have room for D&D groups and the like and they have been meeting there basically since it opened. They have a bunch of tables set up in the back that people can play on. I would suggest inquiring within if you're interested. I've always waffled about going in on a role-playing game since I've never played before, but maybe I will take a shot at it.
Thanks for the info, all.

Dancicus Fighticus Dancicus Fighticus
Oct '18

I thought D&D groups could only meet in their parents basements? LMAO

Good to hear a business is expanding.

Re: New place on Main Street? [Dragon's Hoard expanding]

I think I've seen the owner around before... (-;

ianimal ianimal
Oct '18

The owner is elderly and disabled. You make fun of elderly disabled people!?

PublicExplosionBeef PublicExplosionBeef
Oct '18

Not intentionally, no.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '18

There was a place that I initially thought was a Hobby Shop that moved into the old Hopatcong Train Station years ago, but it never seemed to be busy. One day I dropped in since there actually was cars in the parking lot so I could tell it was open. All I saw while walking around was RP games, figurines, etc. and there were a number of guys at a table with RP cards in hand. Just didn't seem to be my kind of scene, so I left. They shut down within the next several months, but I knew there was likely an audience out there, but that was definitely not the best of locations.

If Dragon's Hoard has enough business that they can expand into another section of building, then good for them. Niche businesses don't always do well in a physical location, so it means they likely have a good business plan and have enough customers to keep them going. A College/University town such as Hackettstown seems to be one of the places where they're a bit more likely to do well.

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '18

My son and I visited dragons hoard once.. I loved it..but I think my son was a little young for it.. the owner was very very nice...even sat down with us and showed us how to play the game we bought.
He has a shelf full of not your average board games that are open and Available for anyone to play ..for free..and we didnt feel pressured to buy anything. We did however buy a cool Japanese game. It cost $30. A nice and unique addition to our home.
The back of the room was filled with middle schoolers maybe high school kids playing games.
Nice to see kids playing actual games in person and not staring at their phones.
I'm glad they're doing well!

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.