Or a summer treat with children?

Proud liberal Proud liberal
Jun '18

Enjoy Creperie
Rita's
Cold Stone
DQ
Friendly's

All good for kids summer treats. Try them all. (twice) And see which you like better. ;-)

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/800283

Jun '18

Tranquility farms on 517 has opened a new farm stand a little down the road from their old one. (Across from pub 517 now). They opened an ice cream window just last week with their own homemade ice cream. It’s amazing and the prices are great! They have picnic tables to sit at, animals for the kids to look at, and play structures as well. We unfortunately went during a rainstorm so didn’t get to check it all out, but it looks great, especially for kids.

BroadawayNJ BroadawayNJ
Jun '18

Mackeys farm

Speedy
Jun '18

In HKTWN Enjoy Creperie, but do recommend taking the drive to Budd Lake, Das' is great!

Das' Creamery
Village Green Shopping Center
100 US-46, Budd Lake, NJ 07828

trekster3~ trekster3~
Jun '18

Does anyone remember the DairyBar, where you could get a banana split that came in a wood trough and if you ate the whole thing you got a pin that said " I was a pig at the DairyBar.

Wasn't someone supposed to open up a place for this (and other foods) on Rt. 46 going westbound, just outside of Hackettstown? Is that opened up yet? He did a survey about a half year ago on H.Life Forums about what kind of food people wanted.

Hackresident Hackresident
Jun '18

The After - Flanders
Taylors - Chester
Cliff's - Ledgewood

Yummy
Jun '18

Cliffs or South Street Creamery in Morristown. South Street Creamery has one of the best flavors ever invented: Grandma's Kitchen. Cake batter ice cream with cookie dough, brownie bits, and caramel. Soooo good.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Jun '18

Cliff's in Ledgewood, Mackey's in Belvidere, or Taylor's Ice cream Parlor in Chester

Das' Creamery
Best ice cream in Morris Cty

BrownEyesGuy BrownEyesGuy
Jun '18

DAS' CREAMERY for sure!!

Definitely Das'.

Tracy Tracy
Jun '18

Love DAS in Budd Lake, as well as Mackeys.

Bessie Bessie
Jun '18

DAS DAS DAS DAS !!!!!!

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Jun '18

Das' Creamery...NO Doubt best around and friendly!!

Dore33 Dore33
Jun '18

Cold Stone !!!

LittlePiglet LittlePiglet
Jun '18

Das in Budd Lake. The best.

Blackcat Blackcat
Jun '18

Definitely Das

Hands down for das in mt olive! My girlfriend and I are regulars there! Best ice cream ever

Michael Michael
Jun '18

Das'!!! Absolutely the best! Just heard on the radio that they are having a fourth anniversary special celebration this Saturday from 10 AM to 1 PM. A Disney princess will be there and any child in a costume gets a free temporary tattoo.

https://m.facebook.com/events/897358223777935?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A%2298%22%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D&aref=98&__tn__=H

Jules Jules
Jun '18

Das is the best around. Denville Dairy and Cliffs are second and third. I don’t think the chain stores like Cold Stone can be included in the conversation. Comparing Cold Stone to good ice cream is like saying Dominos is good pizza.

Hot under the collar
Jun '18

Thank you for all the wonderful places can you have lunch at any of these places

Jun '18

Cold Stone, without any add ins”, is the nastiest, gummiest tasting ice cream, especially for the price.
Das’ has the best flavors

Blackcat Blackcat
Jun '18

Princess + tattoos + best ice cream around & kids in costume =party time

Weedwacker Weedwacker
Jun '18

Humpty's in Columbia, NJ
Gotta try it- over 50 shake flavors :)

Also, there is a coupon in the Peach that is B1G1 for a large cone:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/humpty-juniors-columbia

PS Polar Cub in Whitehouse Station is terrific as well if you do not mind driving :)

Proud Liberal..Humpty’s makes a great burger, excellent fries, and is pretty reasonable. The rest of the menu isn’t bad either, lol.

Bessie Bessie
Jun '18

Thank you so much for all the wonderful ideas I am very excited to try them out next month I'll be asking for gym recommendations LOL as all this crap I'll be eating

Jun '18

Das doesn't serve food but there's a decent pizza place, a Chinese restaurant and a Dunkin Donuts in the same strip mall.

Tracy Tracy
Jun '18

Tranquility farms......made fresh. It's amazing...

Candace joseph Candace joseph
Jun '18

Ditto Tranquility Farm - we went to their ice cream window (open 12-9) last night.........Omg so good - and lovely view of sunset, cute stuff outside for the kids - and a zonkey - mix of donkey and zebra ----It's summertime - go for it

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '18

Love Tranquility Farms Ice Cream too! We also love to stop sometimes for a "Good Ole' Dairy Queen"...Vanilla with Chocolate Dip Top!!! Yum!!!

joyful joyful
Aug '18

Tranquility Farms. Great ice cream! Great produce! Great cookies, pies etc
Great! Great! Great!

And Das is great also——just depends if you want to eat in a parking lot or on picnic tables in the country side. Either is fine....just depends on your time, mood ‘and location

Ziggy Ziggy
Aug '18

Das creamery! In Budd Lake is the best ice cream in the area and was voted best in Morris county

Michael Michael
Aug '18

Mackey's on Rt519. Wotrth the trip for the IC. Plus the produce is more reasonable than Donadson's or Tranquility. And the Bakery goods are very good.

Hi, called Mackey's today- they are featuring their own homemade peach ice cream + fresh peaches from their own orchards around the ice cream- call it a "fruit sundae"- yum!

Kilwin`s in Morristown, NJ

DA'S is the best!

Joyce Polack Joyce Polack
Aug '18

Cliff's for sure!

Re: Best place for ice cream

If you feel like going for a nice drive and want to hang out by the river, try Gronsky's.

www.facebook.com/gronskys

The Rich & Famous is my favorite!

Kimberly Torres Kimberly Torres
Aug '18

Das is really good. Cliff's is better.

Just took the fam to tranquility farms and we all got ice cream. Both soft and hard where fantastic

Consigliere
Apr '19

If you want to take a nice afternoon ride...Bellvale in Warwick NY. Great ice cream and an amazing view.

Happycamper Happycamper
Apr '19

Das creamery in Budd Lake!!!

Michael Michael
Apr '19

Das, Cliff's and Tranquility Farm all have great ice cream. Unfortunately those further away I have not tried yet but I am sure they are good.

the DairyBar, wow your going back in time my grandfather would go there a lot ,was it not on rt 46 just a round east ave

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Apr '19

I used to go to Gronsky's all the time but the last time I went there they had a child with special needs and the owner was yelling at her constantly.
I could not believe how horrible that was and will not go there anymore because of it.

Das’ Creamery. The amount of dedication the young owner and her father have for that place is amazing. In ththe summer they make a peach flavor made from local peaches. They use local ingredients a lot, all thof is own recipes. I’m a huge fan.

Disgruntledone1 Disgruntledone1
Apr '19

I wish Herbie’s was still up and running. That was definitely my favorite place to go growing up. Now I take the drive out to Cliff’s. I like getting to try all their different flavors.

JerseyGirl
Apr '19

I purchased the best ice cream cake last year from Das in Budd Lake. My grandson and the entire family thought it was the best.

SusanC SusanC
Apr '19

Happy to have Tranquility Farm nearby - though the ice cream window may do me in this summer.................

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '19

Does anyone know what time the Tranquility Farms ice cream window is open until

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Apr '19

Cliffs

Lefty Lefty
Apr '19

Mackey's is always a good choice for not only ice cream, but produce too.

keanstudent keanstudent
Apr '19

My son makes terrific homemade ice cream

I'm watching my weight so I don't eat too much ice cream. It's too fattening.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Apr '19

Tranquility Farms ice cream window

(Farmstand Spring hours)
Open Daily!
Monday-Saturday 9am - 7 pm
Sunday 9am - 6 pm

Ice Cream window also open during these hours!!

Just came back from a run to Dairy Queen in Hackettstown, and it was a big disappointment! Ordered a large Blizzard, and a Malted, both large. The bill was over 12 dollars. The 'glasses' seem to have gotten smaller, and the product most definitely didn't fill the containers. Are they trying to push townspeople away? I'll get a vanilla cone at McDonalds for a buck the next time.

USAfirst USAfirst
Apr '19

I wasn’t thrilled with my Dq experience either.

Maude Maude
Apr '19

Didn't read the whole thread but JL with tranquility farms is a win for me.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Apr '19

Dalcourt's Desserts

Gianni Gianni
Apr '19

I am not even really sure if DQ is ice cream anymore.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Apr '19

Dairy Queen is one of the worst places in town for customer service. Takes over a half hour to make one blizzard. Do the town a favor and buy local, get your ice cream fix from Tranquility, Das', Dalcourt's, or any of the other great local ice cream parlors.

honestyseasy honestyseasy
Apr '19

I’m sorry but had a bad experience with ice cream at Dalcourts. Vanilla was not working & they did not have a sign up about it or tell us. My friend tried to get vanilla & it splattered all over the place & all over his clothes & shoes. In the meantime my friend & I had gotten chocolate & the toppings were dried out (marshmallow for example). Sorry but they need to pay attention. Place had no other customers in it so no excuse.....

Luca(cell) Luca(cell)
Apr '19

You can never go wrong with Cliff's.

Bobbob Bobbob
Apr '19

Taylor’s Ice Cream.. Main Street, Chester
The best !

Outsider Outsider
Apr '19

Does anyone know if Das Creamery is closed for the winter?? when we call no answer

Tranquility Farm
Das Creamery fb page says reopening Feb 1.

4catmom 4catmom
Jan '20

thanks 4catmom

You can get Tranquility Farms Ice Cream at Pub 517 too. We enjoyed it first there as it is the only ice cream that they serve...

joyful joyful
Jan '20

Definitely tranquility farms! They also have delicious ice cream sandwiches in a 6 pack to take home

Ziggy Ziggy
Jan '20

Tranquility Farms. Chocolate vanilla swirl cone dipped in chocolate sprinkles. Been a couple of months. "Im due".

Angela Angela
Jan '20

hi, can anyone recco any flavors for Das? other than choco and vanilla...

The Allamuchy General Store Cafe has DAS ice cream.

Ice cream dream Ice cream dream
Jan '20

AJMS, they are closed for their annual winter break and will reopen February 1 but if you look on their Facebook page, you will see their last batch of flavors if you scroll down.

https://m.facebook.com/dascreamery/

Jules Jules
Jan '20

AJMS, if you ask, at Das they will let you try any flavors on a sample spoon. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

Lynnada Lynnada
Jan '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.