I Scream for Ice Cream

Where is the current best local ice cream spot?

We bought ice cream from Tranquility Farms the other day and think it is the best home made ice cream in the area.

The Man The Man
Jun '17

In our neck of the woods, Mackey's on 519 in White and Grochowicz on 31 in Hampton are the most popular for homemade ice cream.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '17

I go to Zeeks on 519 and love their ice cream

Needarental Needarental
Jun '17

Cliff's

Luca2 Luca2
Jun '17

DasCreamery in Budd Lake (in the same plaza as Homegoods) is really yummy! Unique flavors as well!!

Check out Llama ice cream over the river in Shawnee PA made fresh everyday. The chocolate was the best chocolate I have ever had.

Buddy Buddy
Jun '17

Das Creamery here too! I had Banana Oreo the other night, delicious.

Bessie Bessie
Jun '17

+1 for Das' Creamery!!!

Jules Jules
Jun '17

How is Shawnee, PA local? LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '17

Fourthed or fifth'd for Das Creamery. Wouldn't shock me to see their flavors in stores one day. They're that good and that innovative. I believe the owner actually went to university in Canada to study ice cream production.

Pizza Guy
Jun '17

Das first. Cliff's second.

Das fan here also.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Jun '17

Tranquility Farms....They are also serving this now at Pub 517 in Tranquility.

Joyful Joyful
Jun '17

Have to try Das. Home Plate Dairy on 57 in Stewartsville (I think?) is pretty good and reasonable and they serve Welsh Farms ice cream. Love the banana splits at DQ in Washington.

positive positive
Jun '17

For Das fans, have you tried the fig or the Kulfi? Both delicious!

Bessie Bessie
Jun '17

Das all the way! Mr Das is the king of ice cream!

Weedwacker Weedwacker
Jun '17

I love Das' Village Fig and Lemon Cookie Drop. Definitely the best ice cream around here. They never disappoint.

My kids brought over an ice cream cake, for mother's day, from Das. It was the best one I've had in my life! I never even knew they existed until then. Yes.... I'm a 9th(?), for Das. It was very creamy and not too sweet. Yum!

sparksjbc1964 sparksjbc1964
Jun '17

Das Creamery! Ghost Chocolate, Kulfi, Grahamsterdam, the list goes on! Hotlanta was a recent favorite.

Blackcat Blackcat
Jun '17

Re: I Scream for Ice Cream

Das! And you get a frequent flyer card too!

You can get to Shawnee in 35 minutes That's like 10 minutes longer than to Cliffs

Buddy Buddy
Jun '17

Thanks Das referrers. Missed this one completely and now I am on my way.

I scream for HLife :>)

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Jun '17

I agree with Mackey's

Nosila Nosila
Jun '17

Another plus for Das, have known the family for many years, wonderful people. He worked for many years and retired with a dream of opening an ice cream store. He and his daughter have worked many hours to start the store from nothing. They both went to school to learn the ice cream business. Amazing stuff!

Not in NJ Anymore Not in NJ Anymore
Jun '17

Another vote for Das' Creamery. Their ice cream is amazing, so are their ice cream cakes and the family who owns and runs the store is lovely!!

Htownmom Htownmom
Jun '17

Das' Creamery, hands down,

GetOverYeself GetOverYeself
Jun '17

Das Creamery is awesome, though if I want a soft-serve cone I'd go to Cliff's.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Jun '17

Das Creamery is the best! They got top 5 ice cream joints in NJ.

FredFinger FredFinger
Jun '17

I didn't know whether I should post this here, or in the "I'm Happy Because" thread...

But amazing liquid nitrogen made ricotta mixture ice cream, made in front of you, and then topped with hot raspberries. Bila Krava, Prague. A block from my hotel.

The video is 2013 when they did it with fresh peaches. The hot raspberries make an even better version. The gentleman in the video is the maitre d' but when I was there my waitress did it instead of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKUPpJaEKKI

Friendlys!!! Best service too!

cat lover cat lover
Jun '17

I'm addicted to Das coconut! Mango and black raspberry are my 2nd and 3rd favs!

Deviljet
Jun '17

Black raspberry. That's the one. ;-)

Friendly's you can get in the supermarket. Not bad but not a big deal, and the service is so inconsistent. One is great, the next is texting someone on their phone. Not texting while serving, but texting while *not* serving. Move on if you don't need the job that badly.

Really texting? I never noticed???

cat lover cat lover
Jun '17

DASSSSSSSSSSSSS

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Jun '17

I work near Das and have never been. Will have to check it out! Thanks!

If you are trying to avoid high fructose corn syrup watch your labels for Friendly's and Turkey Hill at the Supermarket. For some flavors it's in there. Also Hershey's syrup.
We've switched to the natural version for ice cream and the Hershey's simply 5.

hktownie hktownie
Jun '17

Learned how to make homemade ice cream and I'll never buy it again. I use the simple no churn recipes but then put it in the ice cream machine. Takes 5 minutes to put ingredients together and 25 in machine.

emaxxman emaxxman
Jun '17

If you like ice cream and happen to be at Mattar's, then definitely order ice cream for dessert. The pastry chef there (I think her name is Jackie) makes all the ice creams on the dessert menu herself. They are unbelievable. Last night's special flavor was French toast. She knocked it out of the park. It's the best ice cream in our town imho.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '17

Have to say that I never knew Mattar's made their own. Will definitely want to try that.

Me neither! Next time we go I will have to try it!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jun '17

Forgot about Mattars. Yes, the do make their own and it's delicious!

FredFinger FredFinger
Jun '17

The homemade ice cream at Tranquility farms is really good

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Jun '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.