Route 80 W Emergency Work 2/22

Any word on Route 80 W @ Exit 27. Leaving Cedar Knolls and hearing major traffic delays due to Emergency Road Work.

Bessie Bessie
Feb '18

You’re hearing right,it was backed up and down to one lane at 12:30 when I came through that area....good luck !

I used Waze. From Randolph it had me go thru Chester over Schooleys Mtn to get home, Hackettstown. Regular route via Rte 80 would’ve taken double the time

Walking Girl Walking Girl
Feb '18

Was caught up in this earlier in the afternoon. Took an hour to get from the mall to exit 19. Avoid 80 at all costs if you can.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Feb '18

Roxbury pd posted on Facebook that they are trying to find out if this will be going on tomorrow also. At one point news 12 was saying 2 hours and 47 minutes from 287 to exit 19!!!!

NJDOT is laughable at best. Way to go guys!

LJRubi LJRubi
Feb '18

Waze saved me too, I wondered why it was diverting me from Rt. 80, know I know.

Denis Denis
Feb '18

incompetence and thoughtlessness at best - honey got stuck in it and spent forever trying to get home.........................

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '18

Maybe if we all put some money together we could have a fund to better take care of the...oh...right.

Consigliere
Feb '18

I do believe there was a hazmat cleanup due to an earlier accident

Bug3
Feb '18

Thanks for everyone's input..took 10 part of the way, then worked my through Succasunna, into Budd Lake, long ride home. Hope it's not that way tomorrow. I really have to learn to trust my WAZE more. I stayed away from 80, but 10 was not good either.

Bessie Bessie
Feb '18

It was announced on the radio this morning, Rt. 80 will be the same nightmare today and the commute as it was last night. Tell your friends and family.

auntiel auntiel
Feb '18

I see it backed up already. Why weren't these brain dead fools out there last night fixing these potholes while we slept?

LJRubi LJRubi
Feb '18

I just looked on 511nj.org and it says the repairs will be done at 11:30am.

That's good, I hope WRNJ will announce it. I can hear it and call hubby to tell him clear sailing. Hate to see him go around that mess, when him commute is only 25 min.

auntiel auntiel
Feb '18

Hope not tonight.
Took me 2 hours last night from Denville to Hackettstown.

This was reported as pot hole repair....what on earth is taking so long to fix? They started the repairs midday yesterday and are STILL working? Has the entire road surface crumbled?

Tracy Tracy
Feb '18

Tracy - I don't know about 80, because I don't travel it, but 78 has potholes in the center lane about every 150 feet for about 25 miles. Not to mention the ones in the other lanes. It's crazy, and not surprising that it would take weeks to fix them all. I've seen it bad before, but this year seems to be the worst I have ever seen.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '18

Tracy, someone at work told me the road crumbled and that’s the problem. Not sure if that’s actually the case but i hope it’s all fixed by 4:30.

Bessie Bessie
Feb '18

I just came from Ledgewood at 1:30 on route 46 and I looked up on 80 and it was moving along at a regular pace everything seems to be cleaned up and finished.

I got back from Hackensack about 2pm - no problems anywhere on 80 -

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '18

I hope it's not bad today. took me over 2 1/2 hrs to get home from East Hanover.

azgirl azgirl
Feb '18

there was a crawl heading west this morning but there is no construction work now -so no closed lanes - traffic was moving fast and smoothly an hour ago

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '18

Thanks for the update everyone, greatly appreciated.

Bessie Bessie
Feb '18

Ditto. Texting hubby now he gets out at 4. Randolph

auntiel auntiel
Feb '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.