Chatterbox

I've read online that they have a bike night on Thursdays. Might make for a fun trip up and back. Has anyone ever been there?

Just for a bite. Miss the roller skate car hops from the original place.

I like the area and support a number of events up there. Just loved the fair last week, the monsoon horse jumping event was spectacular. Very brave riders. Clams from Rodgers were great, could not believe how many were ordering them. Probably the last country fair where there's actual local flavors.

There's an event this weekend I am taking part in.....nothing better than a Sussex Minor Lady.....:>) Here's one for all those lonely H-town girls n guys.

"•Enjoy a special night for the ladies!
•Gates at 5:05 PM for pre-game festivities
•The first 300 ladies in attendance receive a FREE goodie bag
•Shopping from more than a dozen vendors
•Wine sampling from Bare Foot Wines
•Live DJ
•Village Mane of Lafayette will be onsite for polish changes and complimentary hair braiding
•Visit the Painted Grape booth for a special craft project: “Paint Your Own Baseball”
•Enter our social media contest in which 6 lucky ladies will have the chance to win (see rules below): ◦2 FREE tickets to the August 19, 2017 game
◦An on-field opportunity with Miners players during the National Anthem
◦A photo op with strangerdanger, a minor supporter for the ages :>)
◦Pink Miners cap
◦A chance to perform the YMCA on the field with the Miners Street Team"

If you go up during "rush hour," I use 517 to Andover but cut left at the end on Railroad street to bring you to the light on 206. Makes for an easier ride. Coming back, I use the backway turning right at the gun shop on 206. That will be a nice bike between the corn fields. Bring some warm stuff.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Aug '17

Yup! We haven't been up there much this season because it is so far and tough to rush up there after work, but it's a really nice ride up. They always have a GREAT turnout! Food is fairly good and I couldn't care less about walking around looking at the bikes (that's my husband's thing!) BUT if you like that there are always a lot of unique rides to check out.

somechik somechik
Aug '17

I am going to head up there tonight if anyone else wants to go. :)

It appears it will be a place folks used to visit.

http://www.njherald.com/20171029/chatterbox-owner-agrees-to-sell-property-to-wawa#//

Oh that’s disappointing. We enjoy going up there.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Oct '17

Surprising to see. I’d guess WaWa made an offer he couldn’t refuse (meaning way more than just selling the business to keep it running).

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Oct '17

My issue is (I grew up in that area) they are building a brand new quick check...across the street!!!!!!!!! Rumors (as usual) speculate that the owner just wants to retire, which I get. I'm just frustrated that another convenience store is being built.

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Oct '17

They entire 206 corridor, used to be all farmland, now it has become auto dealerships and strip malls..

Steven Steven
Oct '17

Truly wish the owner would sell to someone looking to keep the restaurant open, or consider retiring and hiring someone new to run it for him. The Chatterbox is iconic and I have so many wonderful memories of my dad taking me there as a child. I know it’s the owners perogative but it’s heartbreaking to think of another stupid chain taking its place.

Katherine Katherine
Oct '17

This sounds like the mess here in town between Wawa and Quick Check. These two stores are competing with each other. It would be better planning if they were not on the same corner.

I thought people had collage degrees in "marketing".

Bernie Bernie
Oct '17

When did the Chatterbox open? I thought it was in the 1990's?

I believe the article says they opened in 2003. Was there a restaurant in the building prior to the Chatterbox?

Wasn’t it called Sonny’s,I think it opened up around 1997-1998 ....

I didn't think it was open very long. I honestly don't recall if there was anything at that location prior.

It is a neat place for sure. Perhaps someone could use that model and reopen in another local location.

Another great place going...

http://www.njherald.com/20171029/chatterbox-owner-agrees-to-sell-property-to-wawa#//

Cherie Cherie
Oct '17

We always enjoyed eating there before going to the baseball game.
Too bad.

happiest girl
Oct '17

Will miss the place but Don Hall must have gotten an offer that he could not refuse! Money Talks

LittlePiglet LittlePiglet
Oct '17

At what point will all the places that were "fun and family" oriented be all gone? Will there become a day in 50 years when people are wistfully remembering when they "used to hang out in front of WaWa and watch the guys pump gas".

Each place that is either sold or converted to another corporate entity loses a piece of our fun and memories. But, the business owner has the right to sell- so it is a hard thing to stop.

Enjoy what we have now, soon it will all be paved over and look alike, as much of it already does. Only town zoning laws can change things, and those are rarely going to go against anything that is pro growth(tax ratable)- which we all know is a scam also, as taxes dont go down as promised when "jobs" and taxes these business pay to the local community dont come to pass.

WaWa and Quick Chek are good places, we just dont need one every mile or right across from each other. Town planning boards, step up to the plate! (No Chance they ever will!)

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Nov '17

Weis and Shoprite are across the street from each other. I don't see a difference.

Same with Lowe’s and Home Depot

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Nov '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.