What Is This?

What Is This?

I thought I'd try starting a thread where we could post a picture of something and see if someone can tell is about it - so here's my first - from Doctor's Park

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '17

"Doctor's Park" is some medical buildings. That's Riverfront Park. I believe there are some other pictures posted of that several years go. Isn't that where the "diving platform" was?

http://www.musconetcong.org/seber.php

That's the old swimming hole known as the sand bar,at one time the water was up to the bottom of that thing,went there many a times back in the day.There was a little building with lockers and a snack bar and swings if my memory is correct,up the river on the other side there was also a park/beach anybody have some info on that ....or correct me if I'm wrong on my memory.

It's the old dock at the Sand Bar. Before the area was destroyed it was the town swimming area. You would climb the dock and jump off into the water. That dock was cemented into the ground, the dock at Seber's was a wood dock that floated on barrels. Seber's also had a diving board, two sand bars (one on each side of the river). On the Morris county side were picnic tables and a little snack bar. If I remember correctly the man who ran the snack bar his name was Bill Deal. The Grandchildren of Seber were the lifeguards.

auntiel auntiel
Feb '17

Thanks - I stand corrected..............

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '17

How did this dry up?

there was a dam there that was finally removed......

zentravl zentravl
Feb '17

There used to be several dams in that general area. One just upstream from the platform, one by 46 next to the old Pump House, and one by East Avenue.

Many more along the river in other towns, but those are the three I can think of along that ~ 1 mile stretch.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Feb '17

"Before the area was destroyed..."

Can you elaborate?

Also, why were the dams removed? It's interesting to hear the history behind that area.

Tracy Tracy
Feb '17

There was also a snack bar on the Hackettstown side, on the concrete slab where the exercise equipment is now, right by that dock. For many years you could still see the wire coming across to the utility pole by the concrete slab. Finally they took the wire down and cut the pole down low, but the bottom part of the pole is still there.

I have a picture of me in my bathing suit on the swings there when I was about 3. They closed it sometime in the late 60s because the water wasn't safe.

hktownie hktownie
Feb '17

Yes that sounds about right closed in the late 60s,and the town pool was built in the early 70s.I also remember a slide going into the water somewhere around the beach.

http://www.musconetcong.org/seber.php

The Seber Dam was the second dam to be removed by the MWA. The process began on Wednesday, February 11, 2009. A notch was cut in the dam that allowed the dam pond to de-water; lowering the level in the upstream impoundment helped to stabilize the banks and allow for easier access and better work conditions for the equipment needed to remove the structure. The complete removal took place on Thursday, February 19, 2009. The MWA's goal in removing the dam was to restore the river's natural flow, improve water quality, and eliminate a potential flood hazard. Removal of the dam helps reduce thermal pollution impacts associated with the dam pool.

Following the dam removal, an extensive stream bank restoration project similar to the work done at the Gruendyke site, the first dam removed by the organization, was undertaken. Restoration work was funded by the USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS). Trout Unlimited volunteers led the work of planting trees and shrubs purchased with the NRCS funding.

Chickadee mobile Chickadee mobile
Feb '17

They made up the dirty water finding so that Hackettstown would build a pool and they did. It cost 25 cents to swim at the sand bar and the concrete dock had a diving board. The center of the river there was eight feet deep. We would walk upstream through the woods/swamp to Sebers grove. Bill Deal ran the snack bar and there was a hand pump for fresh cold spring water free. Three pretzel rods for a nickel and a ten cent creamsicle or bottle of coke. They even had stag or drag dances which meant single or couple. The Musconetcong river is clean still and I swim when I can.

Robert Rowe Robert Rowe
Feb '17

Re: What Is This?

This picture was just on facebook.

happycamper happycamper
Feb '17

wow - interesting all - thanks for responding - I hope someone else will pose a picture of something for us to identify and learn about..........

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '17

The pictured platform had a two deck tower as well,which was used by those were learned enough
to "high dive",personally,I loved to jump. Approx. 15 ft of water in those days on the far(Morris Cnty) side. The late Dr. Stanowicz,a college student at the time,taught me to swim there, as he was assistant to Chot Morrison who gave official swimming classes for given periods in the summer.Doc gave me "one on one" because Chot 's classes were too brief to be fully effective for the timid youngsters!!
The SUPREME test,was to swim downriver,to the "Duggie" a washout hole'down toward where the river bends. After a rest, the ordeal was to swim back,against the CURRENT.
The dam removal is a "Riverkeepers project which aims to return as many rivers as possible to a natural state' .(It's a wonder someone does not object on historical grounds as they are often colonial mill sites)
The supposed contamination of the Musky led to closing and the town building its present pool.
The area from the dam ,at Rt 46 up to said :Duggie" developed ice 15 " thick for most of a 1/4 mile upstream,providing GREAT ice skating and hockey !!
As a side point .my mother and friends could iceskate from Bilby Road to Rockport on the Morris Canal in her day.
See what you missed ??(No electronic gadgets,just REAL fun !!)

Geedo Geedo
Feb '17

This is such a fun idea for a thread.

Who has another mystery item/area/site?

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

Not only ice skating, there was the tubing from Saxton falls to the cemetery. Sneakers and jeans were a must attire. The first day of fishing!! How many kids hit their head on the diving board doing flips? Doc would stitch them up good as new. The night swimming was the best. In all the years we swam there not one kid drowned. Every kid in this town and across the river were excellent swimmers. We learned by our moms throwing us off the dam. It was either sink or swim. My brother sunk and my mom had to go in after him. Lots of history in that area and stories that are lost. Who remembers the Indian field where the rope swings were. The sand bar had a rope swing to. Lots of fun!!

auntiel auntiel
Feb '17

I have one. This foundation and fireplace is in Stephens & Allamuchy state park - I don't know where one ends/the other begins. I snow shoe by it every year (funny enough I don't really go to the park in the summer). It's where the blue and white trails meet just North of the powerlines on the map.

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/maps/NYNJTC_NJParkMaps-AllamuchyStephens_2015-85x11.pdf

Every year I pass it and wonder what was there, there are other things nearby, a very old fence that's only partially standing - maybe another little structure that has fallen down (reminds me of the neighbors old chicken coup from when I was growing up). Of course since I don't explore in the summer everything has a nice heaping of snow on it when I'm there so maybe I'm missing other things or markers.

Just curious if anyone knew the history.

dadogmomma dadogmomma
Feb '17

Another photo of the fireplace... the fencing I was speaking of is across the "trail" and a bit north of this structure.

dadogmomma dadogmomma
Feb '17

I think you stumped everyone, dogmomma!

I have a "mystery" which might appeal to all my fellow birdwatchers.

PLEASE help me ID these ducks. Photo taken in Southern Texas this morning.

My parents are there and my mom thinks I'm a really fabulous bird ID'er. In reality I'm barely mediocre, but *please* help me maintain the ruse. Anyone? I'm stumped.

What appears to be the male has a greenish beak, if it's not apparent in the photo.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

I meant to comment on dadogmomma's picture a while back but thought others might chip in first. Others who might now more of the history of that particular area. However since no one else has said anything, I'll comment on how it looks like stone around the fire place is going the wrong way. That looks like exterior wall, not interior. I'm wondering if that was "fire place" or "furnace" as in some kind of industrial usage like a black smith or forge.

Rebecka - look up pictures of "Swedish Black duck". I guess they usually have bodies that are lighter, almost bluish. But sometimes they come out darker and is called a Swedish Black. They're domesticated, so someone there probably has a duck farm.

A belated thank you, CG. My mom looked up Swedish Black duck and said it was probably that (or maybe a hybrid from interbreeding with a native duck). Nice work!

I wish for more mysteries...

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '17

Another little mystery: does anyone recognize the symbol(s) on the charm here?

I collect antique, mostly Victorian, charms. This one appears to be made of agate. I purchased it because I think it's interesting, but I'm hoping that's not some kind of devil-worship symbol or something lol.

Penny for size reference. Thank you.

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '17

Rebecka

It's a Masonic Charm:

http://www.darkfiber.com/tomb/htwsstks.html

To find the answer, I took the letters "HTWSSTKS" and did a google search yielding:

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22HTWSSTKS%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Interesting. Love the wheat penny too, the sheaves have the lines on top so it's still in great condition for its age!

Phil D. Phil D.
Apr '17

It's almost the exact opposite Rebecka - it's Masonic. Are you saying the penny didn't come with it? I'm not a mason myself, but my understanding is those two items are related. Google "masonic penny". The pendant is the "masonic keystone" and yes that should be agate. If the lettering were in better condition, something like that seems to be going for about $75 on eBay.

Rebecka

One of the image results led me to a rubylane antique dealer's site, which shows one almost exactly like it (except for the not so good lettering). It mentions they were used as a watch fob end:

https://www.rubylane.com/item/1384355-CLx20Masonicx2010x2e26x2fMY/Masonic-Knights-Templar-Keystone-Charm-Quartz?search=1

There's also a similar one, though with sterling silver shown here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/master-mason-mark-htwsstks-silver-masonic-medal-jewel-spencer-london-/111013178509?pt=uk_collectables_masonic_cv&hash=item19d8e6ac8d

Phil D. Phil D.
Apr '17

Thank you so much for all this info! I tried to google with the letters but didn't see them all correctly, and came up empty-handed. So neat! Glad I can add it to my bracelet now knowing its interesting history (and without worrying about sending any wrong messages).

The penny did not come with it, actually. It's been laying around on my dressing table for months. I just noticed it one day in my change and thought it was pretty. I know nothing about coins, though, or if it's actually special.

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '17

That's a 4th degree charm of the York rite - when a male relative is receiving their degrees it is tradition to give them a penny for safe keeping. The information as to why is available on line

skippy skippy
Apr '17

When it comes to the penny Rebecka, it's just an older version of our every day penny. There was just a different back than the traditional Lincoln Monument we're used to today. Those are known as "wheat cents" because of the sheaf of wheat. Unless it's very specific year that there are only a few left, it's not that special, just old.

Does anyone know what kind of tree this is. It's rather large, and there are a few of them around the property by my office. It's so pretty with the big clumps of white flowers. Sorry for the sideways picture. It's definitely not sideways on my computer.

Tracy Tracy
May '17

my guess

https://www.nps.gov/akso/natres/epmt/Species_bios/Prunus%20padus.pdf

skippy skippy
May '17

Horse Chestnut ?

Janet Janet
May '17

Janet, I think you got it! Thanks.

Tracy Tracy
May '17

Found this in a box of old things that belonged to my grandmother. She used to knit many things and crochet many beautiful doilies and tablecloths out of fine thread, even when she couldn't see well anymore.

My question is, what is the thing in the front with the platform and 2 short angled posts? Looks like she was starting some lace on the bobbins, and the cigar looking thing is a hollow wooden needle case. Just not sure if the post thing is also for lace making or something else entirely?

hktownie hktownie
May '17

Oh how cool! This is indeed a mystery. All of the women in my family, going back many generations, are/were needlewomen. I have never seen an object like that, though. It looks like it would be a stand for something -- like a pattern? Not sure if she used tatting or crocheting instructions, and maybe would stand a page up by inserting it in the slots? Just a wild guess, but I love your mystery object! Dying to see if someone from the forum will know what it is... I feel like the people on this forum can answer just about any question!

Rebecka Rebecka
May '17

Looks like it may hold an embroidery hoop?

skippy skippy
May '17

The box looks like tatting items, which is lace trim for handkerchiefs or pillowcases etc. My grandmother used to do this. I don't know about the wood pieces, connected to tatting, idk. Side note, remember fancy handkerchiefs?

justwondering justwondering
May '17

I believe that's a tatting (lace trim) frame and uprights (perhaps the needle holders) slip over what's there. You suspend the work between the two uprights and use either the shuttles and or needles to creat your lace weave. At least that's somewhat of how I remember it done, but it's been quite a while since I've seen someone using something like that. You could give a shout out to the Museum of Early Trades and Crafts in Madison and email them the picture. They will likely be able to give you more information. www.metc.org info@metc.org

By the way, the METC is a super place if you've never been there. It's in the old Madison Library building which features a GLASS floor above the main floor! It's on the South side of Rt. 124 just after you go under the railroad trestle/underpass going East into town.

The German "Imra" company/Brand name made knitting and crocheting supplies. I'm not sure if they changed their name or were absorbed by another company (possibly PRYM). The "Handarbeits - Garnitur" translates to "handmade garnishments" aka lace trim.

Phil D. Phil D.
May '17

This one is more intricate then yours, but it's basically the same thing....an antique needle case..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Victorian-Hand-Carved-Wood-Treen-Knitting-Needle-Holder-Love-Token-Case-/302315262970?hash=item466364d3fa:g:FqAAAOSwOgdYnmRe

littlelu littlelu
May '17

Someone help me out here. I picked this mystery substance up at Fruiti-Fresh while getting some veggies in town. I thought it was a type of delicious tamarind candy.

I am generally a neat person. I tried in every delicate way to remove the possibly yummy contents from the wrapper. In vain.

It is apparently not candy?

What is it, and for the love of G-d, how do you get the sticky stuff out of the wrapper? And once it's out... ? Is it for cooking?

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '17

ewwwwww...that is all

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '17

LOL 4cat... but maybe it's tasty?? :-P

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '17

Like the title of this thread, "What is this?" is what I asked CBGB when I saw what he picked up at the farmers market!!

I've never seen such a thing in my life! Pretty funky looking. It's called a rambutan and it's actually quite good. You slice it down the middle and pop out the white, soft, sweet fruit inside. It reminds me of a giant grape, but not as juicy and there's a pit in the middle.

He always fines some interesting things!

The inside.

Rambutan is similar to lychee. Fairly common in Asian markets.

Tamarind paste should not be so sticky or that hard to remove. By any chance was it left in a hot car for a while? I'd say best bet would be to put it in the fridge. Then it might help to open it from the right end. (the red tape would seem to indicate you opened it from the bottom) ;-)

It's tamarind, but not candy. It's paste used for making candy or desserts. It's also what gives Pad Thai that little sweetness to it.

hmm, Rebecka maybe you are supposed to cut a small hole and dispense it like toothpaste as an ingredient?

Sue R at first glance thought that rambutan was a sea urchin!

hktownie hktownie
Aug '17

Thank you, GC! There was actually red tape at both ends which appeared to be the same, but maybe I messed it up. It is almost solid at room temp, so I don't think it would squeeze like toothpaste... but maybe nuking it for a few seconds would do the trick. Not that I'm prepared to make any candy today lol...

I love going to ethnic markets (especially the Asian one on Rte 10) and picking up things I've never tried before. Doesn't always work out though. (The only ones in the house interested in these are our feline friends.)

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '17

What the heck? Is this a pink Grasshopper? Has anyone else seen this type of insect in our area? Approx 3/4 inch, looks just like the little spring green ones that are common, except it's bright orangey-pink. (Landed on one of our pups.)

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '17

Gasshopper or cicada??

I don't know that it's actually a true Grasshopper. It's a small insect that hops... and it's pink.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '17

https://voices.nationalgeographic.org/2013/06/14/the-pink-grasshopper-no-its-not-a-cocktail/

Bug3
Sep '17

leafhopper

Janster Janster
Sep '17

Thank you, Janster! It certainly looks like a type of leafhopper. (I had never even heard the word "leafhopper.")

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '17

Leave it to Rebecka to find weird things in her yard.

Old Gent Old Gent
Sep '17

Leafhopper is a good term for a cricket, grasshopper, katydid, cicada, etc when you're not sure what it is. I'm thinking cicada because of the lack of visible antenna and the transparent wings. They can be pink when molting.

The linked NG article shows a very similar pic and says it's an albino type of mutation. Rare because so easy to see they are usually eaten. Very cool! I think it's pretty.

hktownie hktownie
Sep '17

Some kind of heron or bittern maybe? Green legs. Juvenille couldn't fly the best.

Hktownie Hktownie
Oct '17

Feet

Hktownie Hktownie
Oct '17

Look up yellow rail. I think that's what you have.

Walker Walker
Oct '17

I'm not sure, the legs don't appear to be green and the range is further south?
http://www.audubon.org/field-guide/bird/yellow-rail

One thing is for sure, this bird is shy. DH has seen it on and off for 10 years at this time of year in the same place, open field near a pond, and finally he was able to get these pics this year.

hktownie hktownie
Oct '17

anybody know?

It may be uncommon got a yellow rail to be in this area, but with the recent hurricane activity who knows.

Walker Walker
Oct '17

A USB-to-unknown-device charger, CBGB?

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '17

Yes, but what is the plug for? Just something I found and can't figure out what it is or what to do with it. My computer didn't read it.

This has been flying around my yard and almost got tangled in my hair. Is it a Cicada Killer Wasp? It is about 2" long.

Hopeful Hopeful
Oct '17

That belongs in the other thread. It looks devilish! LOL!!

Hopeful...I think it's a European Hornet.

Martha Martha
Oct '17

Martha - that was my first guess after googling it. Then I came across the cicada killer wasp and thought that could be it since the 7 year cicadas should of been this year.

I've never seen anything that big!

Hopeful Hopeful
Oct '17

Hanging out on my front window screen where I always see praying mantis. That's what I thought it was till I got closer. Weird.

Katydid.

I've got a persistent set of praying mantis that inhabits a large set of holly bushes. Very glad to have them too. Very neatly cleared out and healthy bushes. ;-)

Thanks, GC!

I found out what my gadget is, it's a charger for vaping

http://tinyurl.com/ydfdww6x

Does anyone know what this is?

maja2 maja2
Feb '18

I'm guessing some sort of leather working tool or perhaps something a cobbler would use?

My guess is an Apple corer, or dowel maker .

Old Gent Old Gent
Feb '18

Old Gent might be on to something: https://www.google.com/search?q=antique+apple+corer+peeler+slicer&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS676US676&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjl8t6q5ozZAhVBmlkKHRePD3YQ_AUICygC&biw=1591&bih=866#imgrc=vMVamuVfE5ERkM:

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '18

How about a picture from the working end?
Does the end piece slide when force is applied?

Justintime Justintime
Feb '18

Looks like an antique flint lighter or flint striker.
Any engraving on it?

Nellejoy Nellejoy
Feb '18

Sure. That's "Chef of the Future."

R. Kramden R. Kramden
Feb '18

Thanks for the thoughts. The only other info I have from my SIL is that there is a patent number, but it is partially rusted. Closest I could find was a cherry pitter. It is now officially just wall art!

maja2 maja2
Feb '18

Stamped 1928. A prototype, perhaps, that never made it to market.

maja2 maja2
Feb '18

Bluenose Rug Hooker?

https://tinyurl.com/y87ylgld

Justintime Justintime
Feb '18

That's it! Nice job.

I was sort of on the right track with a cobbler or leather working tool I guess.

Great find, JIT ! Always feels good to identify something and solve the question.

Martha Martha
Feb '18

Great detective work Justintime! Thanks!

maja2 maja2
Feb '18

Okay so this clear gel like ball was in a yard in Hopatcong! What the heck is it? I tried to take a better picture but my phone was full even after deleting some pictures. What is this?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_jelly

Looks like Star Jelly

Skippy Skippy
Apr '18

Nope, at least the pictures aren’t the same. And I’m not looking for “folklore”, I want to know what it is! I did the google search too and while I found many examples of it there was nothing that said what it is. I think it’s weird that no science type person has tested it for its chemical make up.

That kinda looks like a egg sac for frogs

Bug3
Apr '18

Interesting mystery!! Might it be an expanded water pellet that is sometimes included in certain types of fertilizer mix or special potting soil to retain moisture?

Rebecka Rebecka
Apr '18

I know what this is.. any wise HLers know why it's in this location? Toward the end of the path along the river at Sand Bar/Alumni Field Park. I've been wondering about this for years, finally took a photo.

hktownie hktownie
Jan '19

My guess is so the fire department can draft off the river without using hard suction as it’s not that deep.

Potentially to fill a tanker because not every street is piped for hydrants

Skippy Skippy
Jan '19

Actually that hydrant is part of a dog park

Bug3
Jan '19

thats funny

skippy skippy
Jan '19

This might also be a hydrant for the Fire Company to test their hoses and yes, for a tanker to fill up if needed..

joyful joyful
Jan '19

That's interesting.. not sure how they would get a tanker back there. Maybe they would park on the other side of the river and wade over to access the hydrant.

Lol.. dog park....

hktownie hktownie
Jan '19

lay a 4" line in would have been my guess

skippy skippy
Jan '19

Does anyone know what this is? I got it from a thrift shop cuz it looked cool and old tymey but I can’t figure out exactly what it is or what it was used for... it has the word “pacific” on it, a little sliding viewing door and a grate inside the basin

JuicyB JuicyB
Jan '19

Maybe some sort of charcoal heated cooking vessel?

Aha!

https://www.k-bid.com/auction/20378/item/122

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/76068681185500970/

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jan '19

Looks like a smelting pot...

ianimal ianimal
Jan '19

Cool thank you Mark Mc for the similar items you found!

I always assumed it was maybe for small metalworking/welding but never thought about cooking uses! Interesting!

JuicyB JuicyB
Jan '19

A picture of something Inside an old house for sale.

Anyone know what it is?

Really??? Really???
Jan '19

My guess is original water pump

Skippy Skippy
Jan '19

The house that pump is in dates from 1851. I agree with Skippy it's a water pump of sorts.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/212-Washington-St_Clarksville_MO_63336_M79241-53709

I would say that it's likely not just a pump, but also an earlier type of water heater (probably for drawing a bath), based on the ductwork attached and the tub spout.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jan '19

Do the symbols on this pendant ring any bells for anyone? Is it a biblical story maybe? Or an old club or organization?

Pendant looks maybe about 100 years old to me - rough guess. Thanks in advance for any hints pointing me in the right direction.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '19

Rebecka. My husband is a Mason and he seems to feel that the pendant is a Masonic or Shriner piece of jewelry as it has many of the symbols of both organizations in its body..It is really beautiful..

joyful joyful
Feb '19

Yep jobs daughters

Skippy Skippy
Feb '19

Thank you both!

I thought it was really pretty too, joyful. And so did many others on eBay-- it went for way more than I thought it would - over $600. Too rich for this small collector.

I think the three chains symbol might be Oddfellows - so everything pointing towards Masonic. But you think Job's Daughters, Skip? I'll have to look them up.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '19

Rebecka, it looks like Odd Fellows symbology. If you do a Google Image search for "Odd Fellows Symbols," you'll find similar use of the three-link chain, eye, bird, beehive, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odd_Fellows

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Feb '19

Rebecka - Since it's you asking my first thought seeing the picture was you did a search on your name. The picture in the middle looks like "Rebecca at the well". With Odd Fellow symbols it wouldn't be "Job's Daughters" but "The Daughters of Rebekah".

I agree

Skippy Skippy
Feb '19

I was hopeful it might be "Rebecca at the well" - a biblical tale that definitely resonates with me. :-) But after JerseyWolf pointed out the Odd Fellows connection, I googled their symbols, and it looks like the OF might use the depiction of the Woman at the Well (which I believe is a different Good Samaritan story) to symbolize their acts of charity and kindness.

In any case, fun to learn about the different fraternities and orders. For some reason I'm often attracted to the symbols on their adornements. As I like / collect Victorian charms, I do come across them. This one, though - I couldn't immediately recognize as that of a fraternal order.

Thanks all for helping me solve the mystery!

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '19

The female organization affiliated with the Masons is order of the Eastern Star. Their symbol is a 5 pointed star, but the images look different.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=order+of+the+eastern+star+symbol&qpvt=order+of+the+eastern+star+symbol&FORM=IGRE

hktownie hktownie
Feb '19

Yeah theirs is a different color scheme and the chain is indicative of ioof.

Skippy Skippy
Feb '19

Not sure what this is.

TV aligning tool. Whatever the hell that is! LOL

https://www.amazon.co.uk/GC-9089-Aligner-Steel-Electronics/dp/B01M1EDSWC

It was used to adjust the CRT guns at the back of a CRT TV or monitor. The beams had to be aligned to hit the correct dots on the front screen so the colors were accurate.

CBGB, I think it's used to make adjustments to jackwagons. ;)

LMNO
That's what I use it for SueR

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.