Mobile Bicycle Repair Service

Hello all!

I am putting this out there to test the waters and gauge the local interest in a mobile bicycle repair service. This time of year everyone is busy with school, sports, vacation, etc. so it may be hard to get to your local bike shop to get your bike fixed. This is where I see the benefits of a mobile bicycle repair service. This would essentially be a bicycle mechanic that drives to your home or place of work with a mobile bike shop and does any repair that you may need done to your bike, from fixing a flat tire to a large service. You would be able to call or schedule an appointment online and get your bike fixed that day. The services would be the same as a regular bike shop but the prices would be less and completed on the spot.

Please let me know your honest ideas and opinions!

ThinkingAhead ThinkingAhead
May '16

I think this is a good service. I have a bike sitting in my cellar that I would love to use but I know it needs new tires. For me to put it in the back of my car and go to the local cycle shop (which I did for another bike) cost me close to $60.00

All I need is new tires!

Could be some interest. There are a few guys doing it in the area however with the right marketing and affiliations, it could do well.

I know of a company called Cycle Solutions that I have seen in the Mendham area but never any in Hackettstown. Has anyone ever used them before to provide any first hand experience? I would love to know what people would like to see from a company such as this.

ThinkingAhead ThinkingAhead
May '16

I love the idea. I also have a bike that needs a tuneup so I can ride it again. I would love to be one of your first customers.

Mansfield mama Mansfield mama
May '16

Cycle solutions is out this way. I believe the owner lives in Mount Olive or Long Valley.

Plenty of their team riders are in the Allamuchy/Andover area.

Flappy Flappy
May '16

Yup Cycle Solutions already exists, plus a bike shop in Htown and surrounding towns.

kepa
May '16

Good luck. I'd imagine most people will want to pay less than what you will need to make a day to cover business costs.

There is already such a business operating out of Long Valley serving 4 counties, Cycle Solutions.
https://m.facebook.com/cyclesolutionsllc/info/?section=hours&tab=page_info

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Jun '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.