New Restaurant in Netcong - Polo's Bar & Grill

I just happened to notice the sign as I was driving by it the other day. It's on Rt 206 north just south of the old Netcong circle.

We tried it and thought it was very good. Good prices and good variety.

I don't think they have a web site but they're on Facebook with a menu and prices.

I hope it works out for them since it's close to my house and I liked the food and prices.

Joe M Joe M
Apr '16

Yes I tried it - it was great! Owned by the owner's of Rose's Place in Netcong. Great sports bar!

I've heard great things also. Can't wait to try. Best of luck to them

I just saw this place today!! Looking forward to trying it.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Apr '16

Did it replace another restaurant?

No iRun, it was an empty site for quite some time. Pellegrino and Rose (father/daughter) did a great job with the place. It looks great and the food is very good and great value.

I'll be back often....

When I worked in Roxbury, my two favorite places for lunch were Rose's Place and Tom's Lunch. Even now, I couldn't say for sure whose meat loaf was better, but I'd never turn down either one.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '16

I wonder if this was that abandoned Mexican restaurant which had a bright pink exterior. Guess I'll take a drive by and pop in

iRun

You mean El Coyote, but sadly no luck there. It may end up like the Blue Bird Inn in Budd Lake some day.

Anyway, they aren't on Rt. 206, but at 50 Rt. 183. As you go north from Rt. 80, it's at the corner of McMullen St. (South side, right before you get to the block where Family Ford parks its extra stock). If you take Rt. 46 to get there, you have to make a right onto 183S as if you're going to get onto Rt. 80, but make sure you're in the left lane so you can take the "U" turn to go back onto Rt. 183N, since the roadway has that nice concrete divider there along that stretch. Once on Rt. 183N make sure you carefully get over into the right lane (watching for cars merging from Rt. 80) so you don't end up slipping by before you realize it.

In fact, the easiest way is to perhaps get onto the Rt. 80E onramp, then take it back downward (exit 27a-b) and when the exit splits, take the left fork to go to Rt. 183N and cross over Rt. 206, joining Rt. 183 N there. It would save a lot of time and traffic, as well as getting you right onto 183N. You just have to watch that cross traffic there, since their speed limit is 50mph through there!

Here's their facebook page. You'll see what I mean when you check the map there. I'm fortunate that I pass through there quite often, but it can get quite confusing:

https://www.facebook.com/PolosBarGrill/

As with all roads and borders here in Jersey it's one of those weird naming things. Rt. 206 technically goes under 80, becomes part of 80, until you get to the exit for Rt. 206 N, where it separates back off of 80 and joins up with 183N, just past the Black Forest Inn. Rt. 183 is like the "through town route" and Rt. 206 is the "bypass" route. All due to an influential politician most likely, but then again, one never knows unless you're there at the time for the town and state meetings and deals, LOL.

Phil D. Phil D.
Apr '16

Thanks Phil. I'm directionally challenged and still can't place it. I know Black Forest Inn, Bistro 46, Bells Mansion, Rons Landmark, Don Joses, the defunct El Coyote and Shakey Jakes: all which I classify in the confusion zone of 46, 183 and 206. I'm much better with nearby landmarks or if the place took over an abandoned building.

Re: New Restaurant in Netcong - Polo's Bar & Grill

iRun, if you know where Family Ford is it is basically right next to it. check out the satellite view picture i attached.

Joe Friday Joe Friday
Apr '16

Best of luck and look forward to trying this. Good food is good to eat.

Hank Arthur
Apr '16

Stopped by Polos today for a Happy Hour snack and beer. Fried pickles and Buffalo chicken fingers. Both were fresh and tasty. BUT the plates of food that I saw being enjoyed looked real good. Again , very fresh looking nice presentation and excellent sized portions. All this and very well priced. I need to get back for a full meal. Fish and chips $10 and burgers under $10.
The beer selection was not up to CBGB standards but I can beer slum with a Blue Moon or Shock Top one night anywee.

I went in yesterday and was impressed by the menu. I had a cheese steak which was great especially for around here. My husband had wings which he said were just ok and the fish and chips. He said he'll skip it and go for a burger next time. He's kinda picky. Our waitress was great, very very friendly. I will definitely like to get back there sometime soon.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.