Dairy Queen for Sale

The Dairy Queen on RT 57 is for sale for $1499000. The taxes are $30000.

Singlemaleinnj Singlemaleinnj
Apr '16

Does that price include the equipment and ice cream? Blizzards are good to eat.

Hank Arthur
Apr '16

It includes a property that can and does flood with 30k in taxes. Not interested...

So far ijay is out from bidding, any other people interested in purchasing this? I can't afford it so I can't even put my hat into the ring.

Hank Arthur
Apr '16

Where is the listing? Are you sure it is 30k in taxes and not 30k to lease? 30k in taxes doesn't seem correct.

Hopeful Hopeful
Apr '16

Hopeful - The taxes are $30k per year.

I doubt they will get $1.5 million for it. It was last purchased for $850k back in 2005.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '16

So it will go for 750k max and the buyer can maybe appeal down to 15k taxes???

That's crazy. It's a small building on a small piece of property. For $1.5 million, is it lined with gold?

Note: I orginally read it for 149k (and thought that figure was just for business) not 1.49 million!

Hopeful Hopeful
Apr '16

Let's not forget, everybody, that Dairy Queen is always very busy, even in winter. I think the price is appropriate.

1988LJ 1988LJ
Apr '16

I don't care how busy they are- 1.5mil + 30k yearly tax + multiple insurances, upkeep, utilities, employees, etc, etc..is a LOT of ice cream sold each day just to break even.

No thanks!!

Without knowing the business numbers (sales, running costs, etc.) it is impossible to determine if the price is good or not.

If this is a franchise and the store will be kept running, any prospective buyer has to meet the DQ minimum requirements outlined on their website.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Apr '16

Proof that the building is for sale or is this a rumor stir-the-pot-thread?

Maybe they'll turn it into a bank or drugstore just like they are going to do to the Cherokee Trading Post property in Budd Lake!!

BuddResident BuddResident
Apr '16

I would assume the price is for the Dairy Queen franchise. Not just the building. So who ever buys it will keep it a Dairy Queen. Considering most franchises require $1mill to get in and then you have to find a location and build I think the asking price for an established Dairy Queen isn't that crazy.

Darwin Darwin
Apr '16

1 million when new. Have not been inside this one but I doubt it is pristine...

The listing: http://www2.gsmls.com/publicsite/propsearch.do?method=moredetails&sysid=3290841

Htown Resident Htown Resident
Apr '16

It will be purchased and converted to a DQ/ Dunkin Donuts ......and a shell gas station next door !

Steven Steven
Apr '16

Did this change hands yet? Went in there today and it was gross. Stinky, drive through broken, no one noticed me waiting at the counter, and while I was waiting for my order, one of the employees let out a nasty belch. Ew, not going back there again.

Challah Challah
Oct '16

Hopefully we can get another pizza or nail salon in there. Would also be super great to get another auto parts store.

FredFinger FredFinger
Oct '16

Its gone down hill so bad, which is unfortunate because it was a great place at one time, and could be again if someone would buy it who cared.

The employees, mostly teenagers more concerned with texting on their phone than customers, are rude and sarcastic. I prefer the DQ in Newton even though they don't seem to have the food variety that the H'town location has.

texaskeystone texaskeystone
Oct '16

I can't speak to "Challah"s experience ( or that of texaskeystone), but a number of the guys from work have been going there fairly often to order & get lunch because it's convenient and we only get 1/2 hour for lunch. I just checked with several of them today and nobody has had any issues there with the food, the service or any odd smells, unless there was a wind blowing the HMUA waste plant smells over there the day "Challah" visited, especially since we smell it at work often if outside and Dairy Queen is just across the field and river from us.

But then again it could also be the difference between the weekday associates and the weekend associates.

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '16

I go there twice a week for their $5.00 lunch. The burgers are better than McDonald's, Wendy's or Burger king. I get a diet coke and fries that taste better too. And it comes with ice cream. Staff is always polite and honest and I will continue going there. They also have tables on the river to eat outside on a nice day. I always wondered why there are not many people there when I have driven by and never knew how good the food was compared to the big three. Now I know where to get the best fast food. They also have Orange Julius beverages. I just hope someone buys it and keeps it just the way it is. It will be missed if it changes.

Robert Rowe Robert Rowe
Apr '17

I agree with Robert Rowe, the meals are so much better then fast food alley, but today I went to DQ to have lunch with my grandson and go to feed the duck, but the kitchen was closed. No meals it was 1:15 pm lunch hour so we had Ice cream and feed the ducks. I hope they don't shut down. Last week they were out of Hot fudge.

$1,500000 is alot of blizzards to sell

Lefty Lefty
May '17

Just went to get lunch at Dairy Queen and they were closed. No lights on, chairs on top of the table. Anybody know if they closed up shop??

Wondering Wondering
May '17

The last few times I have been there the staff has been College and High School age kids.. maybe they are not open for lunch until the summer??

Michele Morpeth Michele Morpeth
May '17

I would assume the price is for the Dairy Queen franchise. Not just the building. So who ever buys it will keep it a Dairy Queen. Considering most franchises require $1mill to get in and then you have to find a location and build I think the asking price for an established Dairy Queen isn't that crazy.

I got to believe this.
That property is no way worth $1.5M.

I love Dairy Queen vanilla cones and go there often.

Found this online:

"The franchise fee for a Dairy Queen restaurant is $25,000 to $35,000. The total estimated investment ranges from $382,000 to $1.8 million, with liquid cash available of $400,000. A 4-5% royalty fee on gross monthly receipts is paid to the company."

I have no idea how they are pricing that location, but seems a bit high if those numbers above are valid.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
May '17

FredFinger

I've never heard of people smelling the HMUA sewage treatment plant smells from the DQ, only from Riverside Plaza and the Plaza which used to house Coldstone Creamery since they're both nearly right across the river from it.

Phil D. Phil D.
May '17

Phil D, I have been there on occasional hot and humid nights, and yes, I have smelled the sewage. Not all the time, just under those certain atmospheric conditions.

Aquarius Aquarius
May '17

Phil,

Did coldstone close?

Hot under the collar
May '17

Hot under the collar

Quite a while ago. It's been a Taphouse Grill for maybe 2 years or so now?

Hot under the collar

I can see how it may happen here and there, but it Fred seemed to be Fingering it as a constant Summer issue, whereas the chance is much more likely (and the complaints more heavily invested and common at the areas I mentioned, including those across Rt. 57 from the area I mentioned). It's been on an earlier thread or threads.

Phil D. Phil D.
May '17

Cold stone didnt close... its right next to taphouse.

Soccermom12 Soccermom12
May '17

Coldstone is next door to Tap House which was Bensi.

justwondering justwondering
May '17

WOW, where is my brain at tonight. Maybe it's because I never patronized either Coldstone or Bensi's. For some reason I had a senior moment & transferred the two in my head. Sorry about that and thanks for the correction. Maybe I should buy something from Coldstone now so I don't "misplace" them again, LOL!

Phil D. Phil D.
May '17

Haha its okay things happen Phil D! It's definitely easy to miss try it out sometime!

Soccermom12 Soccermom12
May '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.