New Baby "Princess"

Beautiful picture of baby What would you like to see her named?

Isabella Isabella
May '15

baby?? picture?? name??

5catmom 5catmom
May '15

Even though it's usually a boy's name, "Caspar" the ghost? The Invisible Lady in White?? ;-)

Here is a link with a great pic of her. I don't think they've announced her name yet.

http://www.people.com/people/package/gallery/0,,20910362_20920239_30330582,00.html

jrsemom jrsemom
May '15

They should name her Diana after her grandmother.

ianimal ianimal
May '15

I think I read an article headline not too long ago that they plan on honoring her in some way so that is certainly a possibility.

jrsemom jrsemom
May '15

She should be named, "Lucky to be born into a system whereby her entire extravagant life will be paid for by forced taxes on the commoners."

emaxxman emaxxman
May '15

I think it will be Diana also but I would love her to be named "Olivia"...

joyful joyful
May '15

I don't think it will be Diana. The Queen wasn't too fond of Diana. I like joyful's choice, Olivia.

Ms. Fishy Ms. Fishy
May '15

What a cute baby - a traditional name like Victoria or Elizabeth would be nice; Charlotte which has pretty high odds is also nice.

Our grandson (whose father is from England) is named Caspar, (correct spelling) GC,...When he was small we jokingly called him.....Casper The Friendly Ghost...

joyful joyful
May '15

joyful - Did they forget to post his picture, too?? ;-)

If we're talking about the Riddish Broyal Princess, then she'll have like 11 names anyway. You can count on Diana, Kathryn, and Elizabeth, probably Mary and maybe even Victoria all among them. I'd figure Diana to be her second name but they went very traditional with George, so Elizabeth could well be the first name. Personally, I would be a bit more modern, and for a patriotic twist go with "Britney". Oops, did it again...

emaxxman - A lot has changed. They may have received their wealth over the years through means that we may not approve of today. But some of that has been turned over to the people, and a lot of the Royal's lifestyle is self-financed through the remaining personal holdings that are still vast.

Too bad princess Diana is not around to see. Now they have to deal with the the "Camilla Bowles " prince Charles 's horse faced b#@ch. No offence to horse lovers, they are beautiful animals... just saying that I do not care for Charles or his lovers ( you know what they say about cheaters). Di only started " having a life" after her husband and the royal family treated her like dirt for a long time.

sallysimpson sallysimpson
May '15

Lovely English/Irish names not often used nowadays: Kathleen, Maureen, Victoria . . .

Eleanor Eleanor
May '15

emaxx is correct regarding all "official" duties of the Monarchy. What does "official" cover? A lot, I'm sure.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/TheRoyalHousehold/Royalfinances/Sourcesoffunding/Overview.aspx

justintime justintime
May '15

The Queen would never allow Diana to be the first name. I would be shocked it it were.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
May '15

"A lot, I'm sure."

How sure JIT? On what basis? How much is the grant, how much is the Privy Purse, and how much are the Queen's own finances? Which ones are funded by taxes, and which ones not? How much of the the properties you associate with the Queen does she actually own, and how of your entrance fees, etc. go to her?

The financial statements are on the linked website GC

Justintime Justintime
May '15

JIT - That does not answer all of the questions. But of the ones it does, it shows a non-tax based income of properties in surplus of what is paid to the monarchy, and even some of that paid to the monarchy above their official duties goes back to the government in taxes the monarchy has to pay. It doesn't support emaxxman's assertion that forced taxes pay for the baby's "entire extravagant life".

Royalty, political parties, celebrity lifestyles and professional sports are the "circus" part of the proverbial "bread and circuses."

To me, they are all deservedly irrelevant.

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
May '15

I hope they name it something totally unexpected. I loved Diana, but I think that this baby deserves a name all her own.

Antimony3 Antimony3
May '15

So your issue is with absolutes GC? Well then, you are of course correct.

FYI my comment was an answer to my own question, which was "What does "official" cover?" So while you're right that forcible taxation doesn't pay for *everything*, it does pay for the visible aspect of the Royal family that the public sees - the image - that is required for a Head of State.

Something tells me that the Royals do just fine.

justintime justintime
May '15

Who caresssssssssss

Really?
May '15

Who cares?! I Do . Forget politics, violence, religion and the economy. I couldn't sleep, eat or do anything until "Waity Katie " had that baby. (LOL). Actually, I wanted to say the same thing as" really " did, then I thought if I clicked on the post and replied that would just open the door for more jokes, as if I didn't care, I wouldn't read the OP. I have very little interest in the royal family crap... but we both read all the replies, anyway.

sallysimpson sallysimpson
May '15

Queen Elizabeth is also head of state of Canada and Australia, and some other places. Strange, isn't it? I can't say I've ever seen her act in that capacity. Don't know if those countries contribute to the upkeep of the royal family.

The new Royal Baby Girl has been named: Charlotte Elizabeth Diana

joyful joyful
May '15

Ahhh I had a feeling it would be Charlotte! Nice that they included Diana as well.

Love following the royals and love that they still exist.

Rebecka Rebecka
May '15

To each his own.......I'm not a fan of the name though. To me it doesnt flow. Kind of sounds like they had three names that they liked and could not make up their minds, so they just decided to us them all.

Sorry just doesn't work for me, but I'm sure they don't give a SH&^ about my thoughts. lol

littlelu littlelu
May '15

Me either, littlelu...I wanted Olivia but I knew the name didn't have a chance. Besides, Charlotte is the name of my Ex-husband's wife.......lol!

joyful joyful
May '15

Charlotte Elizabeth is nice. Adding Diana doesn't sound right, but I can understand why they added it. God bless!!

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
May '15

I think it's cute ... Way better then what it could have been (Alice) or as bad as her brothers (George). How does Diana not "sound right"?? I think its great to honor Williams mother

Missrx Missrx
May '15

It IS a great honor. IMO Diana doesn't sound right at the end of Charlotte Elizabeth. I said doesn't sound right ADDED to the end.

May '15

To me it just doesn't flow........but like I said, just my opinion and I'm sure they don't care what I think, lolol

littlelu littlelu
May '15

+1 littlelu

May '15

Her name is Charlotte Elizabeth Diana Mountbatten-Windsor

Prince William is William Arthur Philip Louis Mountbatten-Windsor

That's a mouth full. LOL!

May '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.