2014/15 NHL season

Might as well start one!

Canucks are looking better than expected this year but it's really early in the season.

Go Canucks!!!

fujixt1 fujixt1
Nov '14

Rangers suck.

btownguy btownguy
Nov '14

Rangers don't suck. You must be a Devils fan. Regardless, GO SENS GO!!

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Nov '14

Devils swallow.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '14

The Jack-o-Lanterns still can't win in Manhattan. Nice shutout by Talbot tonight.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Nov '14

Rangers only had about 9 wins at this point last season compared to the 8 this year, and finished pretty well. NY goals against is way to high this year, a strong point last year needs to be corrected this year. Henrik started slow last year also, the season is well under way and the next 2 weeks will show where everyone in the league is headed.
I'm betting Detroit and Wash will continue to fade. TB is pounding in goals, watch out for Lightning.

roywhite roywhite
Nov '14

Re: 2014/15 NHL season

I'm not sure I'm quite getting this one. There isn't one couch, there are two coaches for each of offense and defense. But then, oh wait, by the way there aren't really any coaches at all, yet "I'm behind the bench too" Lou Lamoriello?? Let's face it, the only coach is Lou The Cheapskate, and unless you like the Devils in next to last and dropping you agree with the players blaming Lou. The two coach but three coach yet no coach drama has not ended in Newark. When the players tell the coaches and the manager what to do, there's a time for bigger changes...

White Shoes White Shoes
Dec '14

Long way to go yet until the playoffs, but some interesting drama to be sure.

Glad the Rangers are looking solid.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Dec '14

LETS GO RAAAAANNNNGEEERRRRSSSS!!!!

Kelleo22 Kelleo22
Dec '14

I'm laughin' a bit. Gomez was just promoted to head coach now they have 4!
Hahaha

Roywhite Roywhite
Dec '14

Roywhite - I think you forget Jagr, Sergei Brylin, Ken Daneyko, and Stan Fischla have also been named "coaches". That makes Gomer Pyle # 8. Sure there is a lot of time left in the season, but it's going to be a long one for the Devils given management even if they do well in the second half. It's really unfortunate for the players. There are such red flags it can't help even if they overcome the albatross.

Too bad, but the feline of my house has a point. ;-)

Any chance some of these coaches could strap on some skates and help out? Scott Stevens, Adam Oates? Come on Gomez and Jagr are out there! Ken Danyko stop yabbering and get out on the ice and help out!

When you've been watching sports the way I have, for over 50 years, you see everyone go through their peaks and valleys ... even the Yankees.

Before Bradshaw and the Steel Curtain, the Pittsburgh Steelers used to simply be called The Pits. When I started watching the NHL (just six teams then) everyone was in awe of the Montreal juggernaut ... but teams that were not even created yet, like the Flyers, Islanders and Edmonton Oilers ... came along and had their periods of dominance.

Now it is the Devils' turn, they've had their ups and now they are having their downs.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Dec '14

If you've ever wondered, how bad could the Steelers have been before 72, just look at their "throwback" uniforms ... yep, they were that bad.

Sure hope they don't wear those throwbacks in the playoffs.

The only worse ones were when the Eagles wore the old Frankford Yellow Jackets unis ... egads.

One thing I'll definitely give the Rangers credit for ... they've always had a classy look. Also, whoever the marketing guy was, who got the Devils away from the red and green ... deserved whatever raise in pay he got.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Dec '14

Those Rangers are looking like world beaters!

Hope they aren't "peaking" too soon, but if they were losing, we'd all be complaining about that.

Well, I haven't been complaining about the Callahan trade --- looks like they knew what they were doing (-;

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jan '15

As a Canucks fan, what can I expect the fans to be like at a Devils home game with me wearing canucks attire?

fujixt1 fujixt1
Jan '15

I've never had anything that was a real problem, but there's a difference between when the jersey is who's playing that night or not. As well as how big a rival they are. If the Canucks are playing that night, it's not really a problem. If it's not a Canucks game I'd figure you'd just get a few weird looks being so far from home. But if it's something like the Rangers on a non-Rangers night there can be some complete two year olds.

I've had and seen comments from people like "they suck" or "f*ing idiot". But nothing more than that a few times, generally out in the corridors or en route to the car. Only one time did a couple of more mature people have to tell someone off. By the time you sit down in the aisles everyone is too busy with the game to care.

Standing in line to get my picture with the cup some kids harassed me and my friends son. The parents practically encouraged them and shrugged at us like we deserved it. The VP or OPs I know that greeted us had no problem and was joking a bit about it. I will also say I've seen extremely gracious people in Forno's and Iberia and have always returned the favor. Most people are adults. But you'll find a few that aren't, but it's nothing more than infantile behavior. Nothing dangerous.

I wear the opposing team when they play. But if they aren't playing I tend to wear a Ukranian national jersey I got from the team just because the one worst incident was an off-night. The upside to that is I've gotten nothing but the best comments on that jersey - I ran into my local pizza maker who told me he's originally Russian, plus during fan appreciation after all of our group outings a couple came up to me and said cheered for me and said they had hosted some team members and knew my contact in Ukraine.

Dont worry about NJ fans, theres 3 of them, a kid, an old lady in a Chico jersey a a guy who lives in his moms basement.

Roywhite Roywhite
Jan '15

It's nothing like Philadelphia ... over there, you'd be taking your life in your hands.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jan '15

Ooops Devs lost another one.......

Roywhite Roywhite
Jan '15

Rangers -- Islanders is a must-watch tonight, the revival of an old, great rivalry.

Love watching the way the Rangers are playing this year, with so much speed and skill. New guys are fitting in on a team that established itself last year ... Rick Nash looks like a revitalized player on a mission.

The division is really tough, too, for all the winning the Rangers have been doing, they are having trouble catching the front runners (who also keep winning) and need to keep accumulating points.

As miserable as the Knicks and Nets have been, the Rangers really have the New York spotlight this winter. Since they are the only New York team I really root for, I'm fine with that.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jan '15

NYR, 2 periods in and they cant find the Isles. Looks like they have trouble with the top teams (Dallas) although they did roast the Ducks and caught the Sharks.

Roywhite Roywhite
Jan '15

Only the second time the Rangers have been shutout all year and they hit the post a few times ... Lundqvist was in some kind of a funk in period two ...

not to take anything away from the Islanders, they are a first place team and played like it last night.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jan '15

Real stinker by the Rags last night. But they're still 13-2 in their last 15... hard to be unhappy with that. As long as this doesn't snowball into a two-week funk, they'll be fine.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '15

Isle's look for real. Tough D, not as offensive as NYR (I think), talent up front, can the goalie keep up?

Roywhite Roywhite
Jan '15

Too many men power play with only 7 seconds left is the overtime game winner??

I bet that's gotta stick in someone's Craw-sby. ;-)

I thought there was over a minute left in OT when Jaroo scored for the Jack o' Lanterns?

On a much more important note, the Rags improve to 16-3 heading into the AS break... but they didn't look good last night. Of course, they played 5 games in 8 days, so I'm sure their legs weren't where they should have been*. The week off should do them a world of good.

(* - Yes, their legs were physically located where they should have been; i.e. between their feet and their hips... but they just looked tired and a step slow all night)

ianimal ianimal
Jan '15

ianimal - The cat has it right, its just 7 seconds left in the PP not in OT. Perhaps it wouldn't have hurt as much if they killed it off.

The cat has a poor grasp of the English language then... but considering it's not his native tongue, I'll give him a pass (-;

I take it you aren't allowed to change names any more, either? White Shoes usually speaks for himself, no?

ianimal ianimal
Jan '15

ianimal - Dat was a momentary lapse in my typing. And when you can meow then I'll give you a pass on your tongue too... ;-)

Not to mention I'm a SHE...

White Shoes White Shoes
Jan '15

I heard on RNJ that having a cat at home greatly reduces the risk of stroke and diabetes.

MEOW ... those purr-fect little angels.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jan '15

I enjoyed watching the fists fly last night in the Pens Flyers game. 2 teams I hate, nice to see cyndy and the Pens struggling.

Denis Denis
Jan '15

Ovechkin really does need a car you know - have you SEEN the crap he's driving???

White Shoes White Shoes
Jan '15

A few observations of our states sole professional sports team;
- in the last two games they were out shot 28-70, but still collected 3 points!
- when they do score a goal the fans shout "you suck" at the visiting team, there has to be a better way to celebrate a goal
- 60 min drive time to Newark, another 30 mins to park, no mass transit options are faster - during game time turn local streets to one way only to facilitate traffic flow
- Adam Oates appeared to be most vocal behind the bench, do we really need Lou back there and Scotty? If Scott can show up for games have him play D with Danyko
- Intermission consists of medieval knights sparring on ice skates - please bring back Score-O and the young hockey kids
- What's with the heavy metal songs - keep the organ player playing throughout the game
- Ticket promo includes a few $$ off seat prices, plus free hot dogs and soda - really hot dogs and soda? - provide us a coupon and I'll decide what nasty food and drink to enjoy
- No more Devils "dancers" - they must have all died from embarassment

Okay I'm done. I feel much better now thanks

Don't worry Mr Goring, I helps you. "VandeVelde" real slow like, "van" "da" "vel" "dee".

"Von-dee-vald-er"

No, "van-da-vel-dee"

"Van-der-vald-a"

No, "van-da-vel-dee"

"Von-dee-vold-ee"

No, "van-da-vel-dee"

"Fan-Fold"

Definiely no, "van-da-vel-dee"

"Van-doo-weld-er"

Ok, maybe I not helps so much...

White Shoes White Shoes
Feb '15

The Rangers need to step up the scoring. Lundqvist out for about a month.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '15

Talbot is a great backup. He be the starting goalie on a lot of teams. I think they will be fine as long as he is healthy.

Denis Denis
Feb '15

Or the rangers could just get a real goalie... you know, one that isn't a queen

btownguy btownguy
Feb '15

How many points out of a playoff spot are the Devils? Ten? Are you mad because the Rags have two goalies who are better than anything NJ has?

ianimal ianimal
Feb '15

Ha. It wasn't a goalie problem. It was a coaching problem. We've solved that. Let's talk again once we've snuck into the playoffs.

btownguy btownguy
Feb '15

yeah, yeah, its the coach(s)

roywhite roywhite
Feb '15

ugh I wanted Yandle in Vancouver.

fujixt1 fujixt1
Mar '15

That's a good trade for the Rangers, a four-time All-Star defenseman, who can score, and can help the power play.

The Broadway Blues also got another defenseman, Chris Summers and a future draft pick, for John Moore, a highly regarded prospect named Anthony Duclair, and some draft picks.

And the Coyotes will keep paying half of Yandle's salary.

That's a nice deal. Now, lets win that CUP.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Mar '15

I was wrong about the Caps and Wings, going to be some unfamiliar match ups in the playoffs this year, can't wait. The last week will be like playoffs with NYR finally playing those 2 or 3 games they've had in hand all year.

Roywhite Roywhite
Mar '15

Cam Talbot has done a good job in Henrik's place.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Mar '15

We can call them the Power Rangers now (-; Keep it up, guys.

http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/03/10/new-york-rangers-take-top-spot-power-rankings

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Mar '15

Big win for the Rags over the Fishsticks last night. It got a little tense at the end with Talbot making a boner while trying to play the puck, but in his defense, he DID come up with the big save. Now they're only one point behind NYI for the Metro lead with four games in hand. They're also only two points behind the Canadiens with two games in hand for the number one seed in the Eastern Conference. Should be an interesting final month...

That was the last game they'll ever play at Nassau unless they happen to meet in the playoffs.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '15

Congrats to the Rangers for clinching the President's Trophy tonight with two games still left to play. I don't know if they will eventually wind up hoisting the Cup when all is said and done; a lot of lucky bounces will need to go their way, same as for any Cup winner.

But, this is the best Rangers team that I've ever seen from top to bottom... significantly better than the '94 team that broke the Nineteen Forty curse. The way they play together as a team is beyond impressive.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Apr '15

Would'nt it be great if in 2 months we can argue which was better the '94 team or '15.
I'm all smiles tonight. Bring on the 1st round.

Roywhite Roywhite
Apr '15

The last Eastern Conference team to win both the President's Trophy and the Stanley Cup in the same season was ... (drum roll.... dramatic pause) ...

The 1994 Rangers!

It's our year! They can score, defend, have one of the best goalies in the world ...

and the Kings might not even make the playoffs out west.

That said, here comes a seven-game gut-grinder with the Bruins ...

as Ringo sang, It Don't Come Easy.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Apr '15

I told my husband that the winner of the President's Trophy doesn't usually win the Stanley Cup. However, I remember 1994 and came to the conclusion that they are the exception to the rule.

I am a pack of nerves watching my Ottawa Senators trying to clinch a playoff spot. They are battling Boston right now. It's too close for comfort.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Apr '15

The playoffs are an entirely different animal.

During the regular season you're like a rock band on tour, lots of one-night stands, putting on your show and making money.

In the playoffs, it gets down to serious business and you've got to beat somebody four times to advance to the next round ... and that is tough.

Winning that fourth game to eliminate somebody is the hardest thing ... just ask last year's Pittsburgh Penguins.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Apr '15

It's going to be an interesting few days, the Islanders might be on the verge of an Epic collapse. My main hope for the Rangers is that they get some decent offciating this year, they can handle the rest.

Denis Denis
Apr '15

My Canucks made it!

fujixt1 fujixt1
Apr '15

Go SENS Go!!!

I think I'll be rooting for Ottawa tonight as well. Anything to keep Boston from getting in (-;

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

The Rangers will fold like a deck of cards!

Painkiller Painkiller
Apr '15

Fold like a deck of cards? That doesn't even make sense, lol.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Apr '15

Dave's a killer.
Dave's a mess.
But Daves out, whos gunna take his place?

Roywhite Roywhite
Apr '15

One down, fifteen to go. LGR!!!

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Apr '15

they really captured the spirit of the thing

roywhite roywhite
Apr '15

Rangers did well against the Penguins; however, I think they didn't give them everything they had. This series is theirs for the taking.

My Sens game on Wednesday night was complete madness. Pure hockey at its finest except for the dirty play by Suban. That was a nice axe chop to the wrist. Now Stone has a fractured bone. He tried to hack him in the beginning of the game as well so its obvious Stone was targetted to be taken out. Better watch out Suban, NEIL IS BACKKKK!!!!!

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Apr '15

Jack O' Lanterns fire Craig Berube...

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/12708365/philadelphia-flyers-fire-head-coach-craig-berube-2-seasons

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

I can't believe that link is to Barry Melrose talking about firing a coach....

Who will they ask next, Mike Milbury?

The Rangers never do it the easy way in the playoffs, do they?

RANGERS IN SEVEN.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Apr '15

Fleury has been about as good as I've ever seen him, but not quite good enough...

2/14... L!G!R!

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

Scary game, but the Rangers held it together. Great win.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Apr '15

Dagger! 3/13... L!G!R!

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Apr '15

Win a series in five, for a change. GO RANGERS.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Apr '15

Critical Game 5 on the road for the Fish Sticks tonight.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

Speaking of sticks, what's up with all the broken sticks this year?

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Apr '15

Someone forgot to tell the Islanders they had a game tonight. They were out played in every aspect of the game. Capuano is a horrible coach, he cant make in game adjustments, dresses the wrong players and can't motivate his team at all. Fore!

Denis Denis
Apr '15

What a comeback by the Lightning last night. Tyler Johnson really put on a show in the last 5 minutes of regulation and OT to bring TB back from a 2-0 deficit with 5 minutes or so in the 3rd period, tallying a goal and an assist to draw them even and ultimately scoring the game winner 2:30 into overtime.

You have to wonder how Detroit is going to react. Babcock was shown laughing on the bench with 10 minutes to go, obviously thinking that they were about to go up 3-1; now, they're at 2-2 and heading to Tampa.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

Denis - I don't entirely agree about Capuano. I can agree on his performance in the playoffs so far, but he's really done a quite reasonable job during the regular season. I don't think his problem is lack of skill, it's not being the whole package. He's the kind of steady and reliable person to put together a good season. He's not the instant decision maker and tactical game player. To me that would make him a really good assistant. Good guy in the wrong job.

In all sports, you don't know if a guy is only suited for work as an assistant, until he's had a shot at being a head coach.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Apr '15

My Canucks survive to play at least one more game!

Last time the Canucks were down 3-1 in a series vs the flames was in 1994.... they made it to the finals and lost in game 7 against you know who.

How awesome would a Canucks NYR final.....

fujixt1 fujixt1
Apr '15

Just like winning the President's Trophy, it is 1994 all over again.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Apr '15

In the West, it is kinda hard not to pick those Anaheim Ducks.

It would be a final of two franchises who had AHL affiliates in Baltimore ...

Rangers in the 60s (when the AHL was really top-notch hockey)...
and the Ducks in the 90s.

In 1996, at a game I attended, they gave everyone a kazoo. One of Baltimore's
"not so Top 10 sports moments."

It sounded as bad as those vuvuzelas at the World Cup Soccer Tournament when it was in South Africa. Painful. They shouldn't give those things to kids at a public place.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Apr '15

GC, I have to disagree, 6 years and you only get to the playoffs twice, and most likely 2 first round exits isn't getting the job done. They almost pulled off an all time choke this year and only through the help of other teams did they make the playoffs. They played scared last night, and lost almost every puck battle, and looked over their shoulder all night. They have been physically dominated and intimidated. They should have put Boulton in starting game 2, and why would you ever dress Kennedy over Grabner or Nelson is mind boggling. In the post game he said they lost the game because of bad puck management, I'm not sure what game he was watching? He is the worst!

Denis Denis
Apr '15

fujixt... you don't have Pavel Bure, Geoff Courtnall, Cliff Ronning and Trevor Linden this year. I used to love those guys on EA NHL on Sega back in the day, lol... they were all solid 90s. Too bad McLean stunk as a goalie. I'd always have to win games 10-8, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

WoooooooHoooooooo!!!!!!!!

4/12... L!G!R!

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Apr '15

On to the next round. Glad they took care of business. Feeling really good about this team.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Apr '15

Hope for a classic all NY second round, if that doesn't happen, no way Ovie lays down and dies like Ms. Crosby did, what an egg he laid. Crosby best player in league? No way, Ovie turns it on every shift.
Blueshirts unite!

roywhite roywhite
Apr '15

Yes Roy, I would take Ovie any day. It was amazing to see how many cheap shots the refs let Crosby get away with during the series. I'd like to see an old time NY vs NY series, but I'll be amazed if the Islanders win, the are just psychically over matched.

Denis Denis
Apr '15

As a Rangers fan, Tavares scares me more than Ovechkin and Crosby combined. I'd much rather face the Caps than the Fish Sticks. We've been sending Washington to the golf course since 2012 at least. They don't scare me at all...

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Apr '15

Washington has a bad history in game sevens ...

would not be at all surprised to see the Isles come to MSG for a "Garden Party" next week.

Too bad Ricky Nelson can't be there.

Not time to shut down the Nassau County Coliseum quite yet.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Apr '15

The Isles surprised me yesterday, and the 2 rookie defensmen added a good psychical presence, game 7 anything can happen. Even though I think the Caps would be an easier match up for the Rangers, I'd still like to see Isles Rangers playoff, it's been to long.

Denis Denis
Apr '15

This is the best balanced Rangers' team since 94, and better than those teams in the 70s and 80s.

If the Isles win, bring 'em on. It'll be fun, for old times sake.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Apr '15

We get the Caps ... hope the officials crack down on those dirty hits from behind.

Making a check is what the game is all about, but taking a run at somebody is something else entirely.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Apr '15

So much for an Isles vs Rangers series. Once again they didn't show up. 11 shots on goal in a game 7 = pathethic.

Denis Denis
Apr '15

Game 1 tonight... seems like forever since their last game. L!G!R!

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

That was a satisfying game.

fujixt1 fujixt1
Apr '15

Hello Rick Nash? Rick are you there?

Roywhite Roywhite
Apr '15

Stunning last-second loss for the Broadway Blues.

Shaping up to be a seven-game gut grinder. It just wouldn't be spring in New York without one.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

Excuse me, Mr. St Louis, your age is showing.

Fear not blueshirters, Cap's can not keep up with us (except Ovie) NY wears them down, starts ploppin' in cheap ones and Nash gets on the board next game.

roywhite roywhite
May '15

RANGERS IN SEVEN

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

Last call for Mr. St. Louis and Mr. Nash ...

if you're ever going to score a goal, now would be a good time.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

Am I being a homer when I say I think NY dominated all the games? Its hard to score with 4 D-guys and a goalie standing in the crease. A 2 GAA is fantastic, too bad Cap's have a 1 GAA.

roywhite roywhite
May '15

Ronnie Duguay has been saying the Rangers aren't getting "quality shots."

He oughta know, as a former player. He's got a new look going on.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

Here they are on the brink of elimination and the big story is duguay's haircut.

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/28978850/ron-duguay-to-undergo-makeover

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

Weren't they in worse shape last year against Pittsburgh? Think they are done but you never know.

roywhite - All of them? I can't agree for sure with saying that about the first game that Washington won. And in the past two games Washington certainly hasn't been dominated when it comes to face off's. Washington is playing a very tight defensive system which means NYR needs to close on every chance they get. They haven't done that other than the game they won. They had 4 PP's and converted on one which was the difference in the game. The PP goal in the first game was how Washington won that.

I don't think "quality shots" is really the right term but Duguay's full comments are on the money. Washington's tight defense means the NYR are frustrated.. NYR needs to make chances, not really "get" them. They should have done much better on the PP in game two even though they won that. All the blocked shots means they need better puck movement.

PS - Tampa vs Washington looks like it could be a great series. Not this 2-1 or 1-0 type. Their match ups have tended to be 6-5 or 5-4 types.

PSS - Any match up out west looks better than the East. Both teams are very adaptable and have more depth.

Like the Bee Gees, the blue shirts are STAYING ALIVE!! STAYING ALIVE!!

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

Whoa-oh-oh.... 6/10.

L!G!R!

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
May '15

This series would be going infinitely better if it had been Yandle who got the puck in the face instead of Zuke. The Rangers would probably already be in the Conference Finals, lol.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
May '15

They never make it easy on the fans, blowing a 4-1 lead and turning a laugher into a nail biter, but they got it done in the end. Back to The Garden for Game Seven.

7/9... L!G!R!

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
May '15

RANGERS IN SEVEN, OH BABY!

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

The Mad Russian guaranteed the Caps will win.

History is not on his side.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

History isn't playing for either team Wednesday night. Past performance is not a predictor of future results, as the finance guys always remind us.

I won't be able to watch the game, because I have my poker league that night... but that's probably a good thing. I think I've shaved 5 years off my life watching Games 5 and 6 this weekend, lol.

ianimal ianimal
May '15

Hockey trumps poker every time, you gotta watch.
I went to game 5, peed my pants a little and I think I forgot to breathe during the last 3 minutes last night.

roywhite roywhite
May '15

Past performance does not guarantee future results, this is very true, but for the Rangers' sake, hopefully their recent history and the Caps' history hold up just this one more time (-;

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

Lundqvist saved their season last night, the Rangers were on their heels for most of the 3rd period. Hoping for a better effort in game 7, and don't leave it all on his shoulders. Hopefully now that Nash scored he can get back on track.

Denis Denis
May '15

On to the conference finals... What a nail biter. Whew...

8/8 L!G!R!

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
May '15

Hockey don't get better than that. Seven one goal games. Talk about pressure. Wow!!!

Old Gent Old Gent
May '15

I'm getting too old for this.

Bring on Tampa.

RANGERS IN SEVEN

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

Once again Henrik was clutch!

Denis Denis
May '15

May 13, 2013... Game 7 versus the Capitals at MSG: 35 saves on 35 shots. Rangers win 5-0 to complete a comeback from a 3-2 series deficit.

May 13, 2014... Game 7 versus the Penguins at the Igloo: 35 saves on 36 shots. Rangers win 2-1 to complete a comeback from a 3-1 series deficit.

May 13, 2015... Game 7 versus the Capitals at MSG: 35 saves on 36 shots. Rangers win 2-1 to complete a comeback from a 3-1 series deficit.

In elimination games at MSG since 2007, Lundqvist is 10-0 overall with a 0.87 GAA and a 0.969 save percentage. He has also won his last six Game 7 starts.

Clutch, indeed.

ianimal ianimal
May '15

Everyone is looking for a more high-scoring series with Tampa, but the Rangers have the best in the business in front of their net.

Should be fun.

That astronaut is a space cadet (-; ...

do people still use the term "space cadet" to describe people who are um...

shall we say ... not normal?

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

Chicago hasn't played since May 7th and Anaheim hasn't played since May 10th... but they're starting the Eastern Conference Finals first. Really? They couldn't give the Rags the extra day of rest after their seven game war? Show the President's Trophy winners some respect and consideration for Pete's sake.

ianimal ianimal
May '15

Lets hear some predictions puck heads. I've got NY winning but I cant say how many, I'm thinkin more than 5 Games for sure. Split the first four, win game 5, finish it on the road?

Roywhite Roywhite
May '15

Another dramatic win for the Rangers today ... over the Blue Streaks.

If Warren Hills had an ice hockey team, that would be their uniform - same logo.

I'd like to see the Rangers finish it off quickly, but that's not the way the Rangers roll.

RANGERS IN SEVEN --- another seventh game win in the Gah-den.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

A one-goal win for the Rangers --- of course, what else?

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

Whats that smell?

roywhite roywhite
May '15

The Rangers have played game-two stinkers before, but that one was really bad.

Now that they are heading for Tampa, I hope that doesn't mean the team is "heading south."

RANGERS IN SEVEN

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

My hope...

Blackhawks vs Rangers final.... with the Blackhawks winning game 7!

What will probably happen...

Ducks vs Rangers final... Ducks win in 6.

fujixt1 fujixt1
May '15

I prefer a good old fashioned ass whooping to the last second heartbreaker like they had versus the Caps. No worries. I think they come out a lot stronger in Game 3 tonight. That Tyler Johnson is something else though...

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
May '15

Don't even want to think ahead to who they'd play in the final ...

I'm "old school" ... I'd rather just "play them one at a time."

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

Except for Hank the other 3 teams best players are better than NY's but NY is better a better team than all 3.

Roywhite Roywhite
May '15

Whew I jinxed Hank didn't I.
Callers to Mike K show want Hank benched and his eyes checked. I bet Hank wants a shot at that game winner again but I'm sure he'll bounce back.

Roywhite Roywhite
May '15

He's had to face so many odd-man rushes, that's pretty rough.

The Rangers need to get back to playing the way they did when they won game 1. They need to take better care of the puck, be more disciplined, they've been playing into the Blue Streaks' hands.

Trying to go speed for speed with Tampa is not working. Play more dump and chase and grind it out hockey, until they figure something out.

If King Henry lets a couple of soft goals get by him early, then it would be time to pull him.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

RANGERS IN SEVEN

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

Long live the king.
I'm going to game 5, look for me I'll be the guy with the Ranger hat on.

roywhite roywhite
May '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.