Generator repair - House call

Does anyone know of some one who repairs and does manintenance on portable generators (Generac) that makes house calls? Trying to prep for winter early :(

Melissa Melissa
Oct '14

The guys at Black River just installed a Generac at my in-laws - I would guess they do repairs, but not sure - if not I'm sure they can refer someone -

http://www.hackettstownbid.com/services/black-river-electrical

trekster3- trekster3-
Oct '14

Great thanks

Melissa Melissa
Oct '14

Generac web site has dealer locater for sales and service. I guess you can ask HL for recommendations.

Problem is most are lawnmower guys, the permanent ones have "premier" or "elite" sales and service. If I could, I would be looking for one of those guys do it but not sure you can.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Oct '14

Franks generator service 908 459 5486 tell him you were recomened by the erohs in mt lake

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Oct '14

Caged Animal Awesome thanks everyone for the info

Melissa Melissa
Oct '14

Frank was hit n miss for me after the first service. Just didn't return calls or do it promptly. One of those always too busy, day late and dollar short experiences.

Oct '14

I used to have Frank G to service my generator. I had similar experiences as mistergoogle. I think he takes us on too many jobs and falls behind. I use Black River now for two years with good results.

mike l mike l
Oct '14

I don't know Mr G, I don't know that the large generator companies are interested let alone equipped to work on the Home Depot type generators. The lawn mower guys like a Mayberry's or Ryman's are just the kind of people that might do a quick swap. Chances are it has to be sent out no matter what, and en equipment exchange is probably the best way to handle it.

I agree for portables, but if I could find an elite dealer, I would take it. Otherwise, I would try someone like Mayberry's since I trust them, but I know they are not Generac so they would be doing it as a "generic."

My issue with Frank was for a whole-house install.

Oct '14

Ok thank you all i will be making some phone calls and let you know what happens

Melissa Melissa
Oct '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.