Cricket Wireless

Hello people, I know a lot of people pay $200-$300/month for cellphone service. if you are out of contract and shopping for cheaper cellphone service, I will suggest Cricket Wireless (it's a company owned by ATT, ), 5 lines for $100 you have to get an ATT phone or an unlocked phone, some verizon phones will work if they support a sim card.

For $40/month (or as low as $20 depending how many lines on the account) you get unlimited talk, text and 1GB data.

You could pm me for referral ( we both get $25 each if we stay with cricket for more then 2 months)

TinkoDinko TinkoDinko
Sep '14

5 lines for $100? what's the catch?

Michael H
Sep '14

This seems to be a great deal. Has anyone switched yet that can comment on the service and quality.

I did, So far so good, I use to be an ATT customer since 2006, but got tired of paying $100 plus (I use to have a 20% discount thru my employer) for 2 phones, I just switched last Monday, porting numbers was instant , cricket use att towers, the catch is I have to get my own phones.

you could save a lot of money if you have 3-5 lines, I will answer any questions you may have.

https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phone-plans?woo_source=Google_PPC&woo_term=cricket%20plans&woo_campaign=US_Cricket_Brand_Plans_New_Mrkt_Broad

TinkoDinko TinkoDinko
Sep '14

Switched from AT&T which I had for over 10 years to TMobile which I had in the beginning (early 90s). 4 lines for $100 and 0% financing over 2 years for devices (as long as your credit is good).

I second cricket, switched about 6 months ago. They are owned by AT&T and use their towers.

Gianni Gianni
Sep '14

AT&T bought Leap Wireless earlier this year, so you are essentially back with AT&T TinkoDinko...

Hi iJay, yes I know, att bough cricket, but I will rather pay cricket $20 for unlimited text/talk and 1gb per line then pay $50 or more for same or less service from att.

I did the math, I use to pay $106 for 2 lines and subsidize phones for a 2 years contract, going with cricket I add 3 family members to get the 5 lines for $100, my cost is $40 for 2 lines, I save $65 a month, within 10 month I could get an iphone 6 or two android phones (HTC one m8 was on sale $389).

TinkoDinko TinkoDinko
Sep '14

New plans with Data, and they also have Group Save Discount, in my case it's 5 lines for $100/month(taxes/fees included) (unlimited talk/text and 2.5GB) can't beat that can you?

They use ATT towers, LTE is capped, but who cares, Tmobile will get you more LTE speed but very spotty at best, try to use your Tmobile in sussex county and you will have 2g coverage.

https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phone-plans

If you contract is up, do the math, you can still buy the best phone out there, and get the cheapest cell phone plan out there, don't get fouled in contract or financing the phone

PM for a $25 referrals, I get $25 also, when you become a customer you can get up to $250 in account credit doing the referrals
https://mycricket.sparkrefer.com/3uK1WRj

TinkoDinko TinkoDinko
Feb '15

I switched to Cricket when this thread first started. I have been totally happy with the service and the price, cut my AT&T bill by 2/3's.

I cannot remember the last time I was totally happy with any cell provider.

Any other data plans?

I'm with att and I pay $115 for unlimited talk and text with 20gb of data.

fujixt1 fujixt1
Feb '15

@fujixt1 click on https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phone-plans?woo_source=Google_PPC&woo_term=cricket%20plans&woo_campaign=US_Cricket_Brand_Plans_New_Mrkt_Broad

$60 ($55 autopay) plan unlimited talk/text and 20gb data, but remember you don't get a bill in the mail, this is prepaid provider, and no roaming if you leave the country

Tinkodinko Tinkodinko
Feb '15

Opps I forgot some key information....

I pay for unlimited call/ text and 20gb of data with rollover for two lines. So for $60 a line with cricket be more expensive than AT&T. I have talked my way down in the plan and I get $10 credit every month and my 15% off.

fujixt1 fujixt1
Feb '15

I use Airvoice Wireless. Uses the ATT network of towers. You can use basically any phone. I bought a used Iphone 4s last year, swapped sim cards and have been enjoying $10-$20 per month bills (I use prepaid, they also have unlimited plans). I don't use much data though as I am always around wifi at home and work.

I think anyone still using a major carrier is nuts. There are so many better cheaper options out there.

Eperot Eperot
Feb '15

I must be nuts!

fujixt1 fujixt1
Feb '15

I know this was an old threat but is there a cricket location in or near hackettstown ??

Alisha Alisha
Dec '15

Alisha,

Not sure what you mean by a cricket location, everything is done online through their site. I can tell you after using them for the last year I have never been more happy with a carrier. Great signal anywhere I go, easy to do business with and a great price.

game stop carry cricket, but you if you do it online you save a $25 activation fee (per line) , I can refer you, both of get $25 each

Tinko Tinko
Dec '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.