Tangles Salon - Washington

Has anyone ever been to the new salon Tangles in Washington (Washington Ave/Rt 57) It used to be called Studio 57
Thoughts?
I haven't been able to find them online anywhere to check out their prices/services.
I plan on calling this week but just wondering if anyone has had experience with this new salon?

Thanks

av111ks av111ks
Sep '14

I haven't been yet, but I'll be going soon. I "heard it through the grapevine" that HL's favorite stylist will now be working there. I'll not name names, but I'm pretty sure you can figure out the lovely young woman I'm speaking of. No one else is touching my hair lol.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

I did get your message...I'll give a call this week to try and make an appointment. :) lol
I'm curious what their prices are like and what other services they offer. I don't think they have a website or a Facebook page.

av111ks av111ks
Sep '14

Where exactly on 57 is this located? Thanks.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

I believe they do everything there. Now sure on price tho! The owner is a sweet heart!

Me1212
Sep '14

Calico - 37 W. Washington Avenue (across the street from PNC bank and right next to the old Krausers)

av111ks av111ks
Sep '14

Got it. Thanks.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '14

Just called to make an appt for this month :)
Prices are VERY reasonable (starts at $18 for a haircut and blowdry a few $ more)
Good bye dead ends LOL

Av111ks Av111ks
Sep '14

Who should I ask for?

Great in the Meadows Great in the Meadows
Sep '14

That is reasonable. Last month I paid $48. At Westside. Is that average for this area for this type of salon. ? I ask because it has been quite some time since I went anywhere else.

A good day
Sep '14

I have an appointment with Amy this week. Not sure names of other stylists there.
I've heard great things about Amy, give her a try!

av111ks av111ks
Sep '14

Reporting back: Had my first cut by Amy last night at Tangles Salon and its honestly the BEST cut I've ever had! I chopped off close to 5" and Amy cut/styled my hair exactly like the sample picture I showed her of what I wanted.
Shampoo, conditioner, cut, blow dry and style = $28!!!
HIGHLY recommend her...an excellent stylist and she is so friendly, too!
Give them a call or stop by to make your appt!
37 W. Washington Avenue
Washington
908-223-1810

av111ks av111ks
Sep '14

We should all post pics of our hair after being styled by Amy lol! Can't wait to get in and see her. I'm overdue. Glad you liked her, too, av! No kidding, I've dropped ridiculous amounts at salons and never had as good a cut, highlights or styling as Amy does. Crazy how affordable.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '14

Rebecka - Couldn't agree more!
Enjoy your appt w/Amy :)

av111ks av111ks
Sep '14

I moved out of the area this summer. I sure miss Amy. I had a hard time finding a new person. I go to the Paul Mitchell Beauty school now. I am very pleased with them. But hope to see Amy when I visit. She is the best.

Conrad's Mom Conrad's Mom
Oct '14

Has anyone recently been to Tangles Hair Salon? Tried calling twice this past week with no luck. I left a message with no reply! Really wanted to try it out but made an appointment somewhere else.

ideal100 ideal100
Dec '14

I got a cut by Amy there about two weeks ago. Not sure why you didn't get a call back.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '14

just want to say thank you to all the hackettstown lifers who recommended Amy! just had my hair cut last week and I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE it..

great in the meadows great in the meadows
Dec '14

Re: Tangles Salon - Washington

Next appointment with Amy: this haircut. I think.

I'm always a bit apprehensive about bangs... they take so long to grow out... but maybe I'm ready to take the plunge. Anyone have bangs, like/dislike/thoughts?

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '15

I love that haircut Rebecka. I think it would look really nice on you.

Oh, what I would give to have straight hair. I can't stand my curly hair. I never have the choice of a style change. I'm so tired of the same old hair year after year. Waaaaaaah! :'(

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '15

And you have MY ideal hair, Calico! Straight hair is overrated lol.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '15

Calico you can have your hair chemically straightened. Not so sure about chemicals they use but my friend did it and wow what a difference. So far its lasted 9 months and she said they told her it can be that way for a few years. Me personally would love your hair! I have straight thin hair. YUCK!

Christine Christine
Feb '15

Was wondering if anyone has been to Tangles Hair Salon recently and if Amy is still there...thanks

ideal100 ideal100
Apr '15

I've called twice. She wasn't in either time and I did not get a call back.

Hi ideal100! Yes, I'm still at Tangles!

maja- Sorry to hear you haven't been able to get ahold of me. I PM'd you! Thank you!

*Amy* *Amy*
Apr '15

Calico, You should just buy a straightener....it takes a bit of time, but it's not permanent and you could go back and forth between curly /straight. Whatever mood you're in that day:)

JRT - I have one. I use it here and there. It's a PITA though. Takes forever.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

Amy...thanks. Would you mind posting which days you work...that would be very helpful. I know schedules can change but this gives us an idea. Also when is a good time to call to make an appointment since I have never been able to get through to someone or have someone return my call. Thanks again.

ideal100 ideal100
Apr '15

Can you please tell me what you charge for a cut and color? thank you

Brenda Brenda
May '15

Just got another unbelievably beautiful cut by Amy. I usually ask for something a bit different every time I go, and I always leave with exactly what I envisioned. The gal is a MASTER with the scissors!

@ideal - Amy has flexible hours and basically comes in when it's convenient for her clients.

@Brenda - my cut was $23 today. Color cost will vary, I think. Single process, double, highlights, how many highlights, etc... just call and ask (assuming you haven't already). Basically everything is super affordable as far as salons go!

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '15

The best haircut I have ever gotten so I have been going back even though I moved out of the area. Highly recommended

Deborah
Jan '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.