Kitchen redo-Home Depot cabinets by decor

Hi

We went to Valley Ellegance(Omega brand) and Home Depot(Décor brand) and got the quotes for kitchen cabinets. The pricing is different for the color of the cabinets we want.

Did anyone has experience on the DECOR brand and/or Home depot cabinets?
How long they last or any complaints and all?

Please any info would be greatly helpful as we have to order by Wednesday to get their 2 years 0 interest option and my head is cracking..

Also is granite better or Quartz better counter top?

Re: Kitchen redo-Home Depot cabinets by decor

We just got quartzite counters. Couldn't be happier. From what I've been told and what I've read, Quartz(manmade)/Granite/Quartzite (natural) are all very comparable. So, it really just comes down to color. We chose this because it's the closest natural stone we found that is close in color to white marble. It doesn't stain and is supposedly harder than granite. I had granite installed at my last house and was very satisfied with that as well. I never had a problem. So, just choose what color/price works best for you. My mom has silestone and she's very happy with that as well. The prices are all comparable as well. This one was a bit more than other stones ( of course), but well worth it.

I've also had cabinets from Home Depot was very satisfied with those as well. Not familiar with the Décor brand, I've had American Woodmark and Diamond brands. Both were solid wood and good quality.

Our kitchen remodel is almost done. Just waiting for the painter to come and paint the existing oak cabinets white. The island pictured has the new Diamond cabinets. My carpenter was impressed with them and their construction. Good luck to you.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
May '14

Re: Kitchen redo-Home Depot cabinets by decor

Here is my last kitchen with granite and the American Woodmark cabinets. They were solid maple.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
May '14

Here is a link to a very good, detailed article comparing quartz and granite countertops:

http://countertopinvestigator.com/quartz-granite/

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
May '14

Thx guys I will check it out

Any more info on cabinets would be greatly appreciated

Meisternj

We have our kitchen with exact same design as yours....2windows in corner and we are getting same redo with sink in the corner and island in the middle instead of current U shape

Thomasville from home depot - for a kitchen and a bathroom---I was very happy with them - and when a few items were not "perfect" they were replaced quickly - no questions asked and no need to return what was not perfect--I had my own contractor though.....

5catmom 5catmom
May '14

ers, nice. Just be careful with the island placement. Don't have less than 36" between the island and the rest of the counters. We have 39" and it's comfortable. The old island was much smaller and we almost had too much space between it and the stove. You couldn't reach anything on the island if you still had a hand on a pot or pan on the stove. The new island is huge (5 x 6.5 ft.) and we love it. It's made up of 7 cabinets. So much space.

Also give some consideration to outlets in the island. We have two. One of them is inside the small cabinet on the left. It is for my phone and has a built in USB port. Keeps the clutter down because I use it as a catch all for my wallet/keys/phone, etc. Other outlet is on the other side of the island. That's for the crock pot, small appliances, etc. Much easier to put in outlets now than after.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
May '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.