Restaurants open on Thanksgiving?

suggestions please, anywhere between Hackettstown and denville. thank you.

icicle icicle
Nov '13

If you don't already have reservations, the really good ones are probably already booked.

I would suggest Black Forrest Inn or Mattars, but I don't know if you'll get a reservation at this kind of late date.

You can try Cinders in Mine Hill, I know they are open tomorrow, but without reservations you may be looking at one of the Diners.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Nov '13

The Quiet Man in Dover - maybe

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '13

5catmom - Quiet Man says they're closed. I would think that would be kind of tough. Even if it was open, it's not the biggest place.

If you are willing to travel 15 minutes west from Hackettstown I would suggest.. The Washington Diner (Rt 31 Washington Borough)...not a restaurant but I know they serve up a nice Thanksgiving dinner at a reasonable price.

positive positive
Nov '13

Marley's and Trinity Church are offering a free Thanksgiving Dinner.

jrsemom jrsemom
Nov '13

oh well - ate there recently and really liked it so it came to mind

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '13

Bea McNally' opens at 5pm on T-day

CGinHtown CGinHtown
Nov '13

what about where I can buy a cooked turkey? haha

icicle icicle
Nov '13

I'm guessing Shoprite....but it might be too late to order it.

positive positive
Nov '13

Mattars is open. We have meals on order for take out tomorrow. They do a great job. We have eaten there a few times on Thanksgiving and the last few years we have taken out complete meals.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

BrandyB BrandyB
Nov '13

Ruby Tuesday sent an email out saying they will be open on Thanksgiving. You may also want to check out the location in Ledgewood as this would be between Denville and Hackettstown, but the Mansfield location is open tomorrow.

Coralie Coralie
Nov '13

Lafayette House is open if you don't mind taking the driving up to Sussex County

Texaskeystone Texaskeystone
Nov '13

The Garden Buffet near Kohls is open and serving all day.

mansfield mama mansfield mama
Nov '13

Shoprite in Wharton is Open Today Thanksgiving day I just called them up!

Mr Negative Mr Negative
Nov '13

Anyone know (perhaps BrandyB?) if we go to Mattar's for Thanksgiving, will we get to take home leftovers?

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Nov '14

Why not? You paid for it.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Nov '14

you have to eat all your food or you don't get dessert

The reason I ask is there was another restaurant we went to years ago (not around here) where each table actually got their own turkey and the sides were served family style. We took home a large shopping bag of food. I guess I will call them and ask when we make our reservation.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Nov '14

Cook for your self.too many people have to work on Thanksgiving because too many people are too lazy to cook for themselves. Not to mention people shopping on thanksgiving!!!!!!!!

John matuella John matuella
Nov '14

We have gone to Mcloones Boat House in West Orange for the past two years...They do a lovely Buffet...also Ruth's Chris on Rt 10...I have never gone there, but I hear it is good....Here is the website for Mclooneshttp://www.mcloonesboathouse.com/thanksgiving

bowie bowie
Nov '14

Also Mcloon's is only $24.99 per person and Ruth's Chis is $39.99 per person.....Mcloon's decorates and sets up so beautifully, and a nice crackling fire place . Outside they have beautiful Fire Pits with big cushy chairs where people take pictures,have a drink and such....

bowie bowie
Nov '14

People that go out to dinner on thanksgiving aren't lazy ! You don't know everyone's circumstances ..,

Missrx Missrx
Nov '14

I'm sure some of them are, missrx, but definitely not all of them (-;

People who don't want to work on Thanksgiving should stay out of the food service business. And now, apparently, the retail business, too.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Nov '14

I see nothing wrong with dining out for a holiday. Restaurants can choose to be open or not.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

3W...... The portions at Mattars are fairly sized but not too much to take home if you are a typical eater. They do sell dinners for take out , so you could always order an extra meal to go. We have ours on order already for this year. It has become a fun tradition with us. Gives us extra time to make fun desserts and watch football.

BrandyB BrandyB
Nov '14

Went to the Stroudsmoor a few years back - it was excellent!

http://www.stroudsmoor.com/generalInner.cfm?siteId=425&itemCategory=41378&priorId=40403

Agree Calico. Did it sometimes when we were little. It was fun.

Agree with you too Missrx. People have different reasons for going out. People shouldn't judge.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Nov '14

To 3wbdwnj, you should definitely be able to take whatever food you don't eat home. The law is once food is put on a table, it cannot be served to anyone else. So if dinner is served family style ( as many do including a whole turkey) you should be allowed to take any uneaten food home.

Tanya Tanya
Nov '14

Mattars did not serve family style when we ate there. Everyone received a prepared plate , with measured portions. Hence my comment about ordering additional meals if you want to take home extra.

BrandyB BrandyB
Nov '14

Prepared plate with measured portions? That doesn't sound like Thanksgiving at all, lol. I love Mattar's, but if that's their protocol, I'd definitely go somewhere else, esp. at $30 or more per person.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Nov '14

There was a place mentioned in the Messenger. Can't recall. Maybe a golf course? This is no help at all but maybe someone out there knows.

To John- an elderly man who just recently lost his wife and wants to still enjoy Thanksgiving with his only son is not lazy. An 85 yo woman who has cooked for days prior to TG the past 40 years can no longer can do so and her family from all over the US can't bring dinner on the plane so they go out and take the pressure off of mom, not lazy. College students who cant afford a trip home for both TG and Christmas so they have to choose, not lazy. I can keep going but i think you can get the point.

be nice! be nice!
Nov '14

be nice - You are probably thinking of Apple Mountain in Oxford. They are open on Thanksgiving.

http://www.applemountaingolf.com/dining/menus/2-uncategorised/110-thanksgiving-2014

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

That was it. Thanks!

be nice! be nice!
Nov '14

Larison's Turkey Farm in Chester used to serve "family style" turkey dinner all year round.

No "doggie bags" were permitted, but they had a great selection of turkey pot pies, croquets, soups, and turkey carcasses for purchase.

Any more options within a half an hour around here for the "buffet" style dinners?

checkonetwo checkonetwo
Nov '14

The Black River Barn on the Randolph/Roxbury Route 10 border does a decent family-style dinner. We went there once, probably almost a decade ago... time sure flies, lol.

http://blackriverbarn.com/pdf/thanksgiving_dinner.pdf

ianimal ianimal
Nov '14

Another idea is Maggiano's in Bridgewater. Although I have never been there for Thanksgiving dinner, I can honestly say their food is REALLY good. Their Thanksgiving menu is REALLY NICE, and from what I understand the food is served family style(with many choices((NOT just Italian food))) and it keeps coming until you are stuffed! :) Friends have gone in years passed and LOVED it. Worth looking in to!!!

LadySkiDog LadySkiDog
Nov '14

I don't care for chain restaurants at all, but Maggiano's actually has decent food. It's a small chain, so they don't have 50+ locations in every state like Applebee's and Olive Garden. I've never been to the one in Bridgewater. I've been to the one in Chicago and the one in Denver. Decent food and decent prices.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

If your up for a little drive how about the Walpack Inn

http://www.thewalpackinn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Thanksgiving-Dinner-Menu-2014.pdf

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Nov '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.