Mother's Day Brunches

I am looking for some ideas for a Mother's Day brunch, anyone have some places in mind?

Loves brunch
Apr '13

We will be going to the "Inn At Millrace Pond" in Hope.

Christine Christine
Apr '13

Pandan Room for dim sum if you want something a bit different.

Perona Farms for the best traditional.

Black Forest Inn if you're European.

Stella G's to be relaxed and still eat good.

Bensi's

Long Valley Brew Pub

Pretty sure it's the same ones we talk about every holiday.

Firefly Firefly
Apr '13

The barn

alissa alissa
Apr '13

All these brunch places seem familiar. Could it be that no matter the holiday, no matter the thread, the same places always have brunch?

That's a serious question. I don't go to any of them, but it seems that every holiday there is a brunch thread and the answers never change...

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Apr '13

Lori, some places have brunch every Sunday, ie. Perona Farms, Long Valley Brew Pub, Bensi. Others just specifically have holiday brunches, ie. Mattar's, Inn at Millrace. For the most part, the answers will be the same every year.

I've already put in my request for the Meadow Wood Manor Grand Buffet for my first mother's day next year in 2014.

Tracy Tracy
Apr '13

Olde Mill Inn in Basking Ridge has a good one. Probably all sold out already. You have to make your reservations early there.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '13

Tracy, Thank you. That's what I was getting at. Every time there's a holiday there's a thread, and as for holiday brunches it seems to be the same places always mentioned :)

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Apr '13

Some have special event menus like a Mattars or Black Forest, some are regular brunches like Perona or Pandan. There are also some like Bensi or LVBP that have only started theirs more recently. Also there are a few places that have now stopped like Adam Todd. So it's a mixed bag - it's mostly the same story with a few changes here and there over time.

Meadow Wood is another great place for something like this.

If you don't mind traveling, we go to Court Street restaurant in Hoboken every year. Nice selection of breakfast and lunch items as well as fresh Irish Soda bread.

Soccrgrl08 Soccrgrl08
Apr '13

Perona Farms does not have their usual Brunch on Mother's Day. It is a dinner buffet. They still have lots of yummy foods, but not all the breakfast foods that they usually have.

Mariann Mariann
Apr '13

Tracy - Congratulations are in order - it sounded like! I have not been on a lot lately, so I am sorry if I missed the big announcement!

Coralie Coralie
Apr '13

Thanks, Coralie!

Tracy Tracy
Apr '13

Thanks for all your help everyone and even if the topic comes up every year there are always new people around or done that just need a refresh!!!!

Loves brunch
Apr '13

Just got an email from the Pizza Pub in Randolph. They have a Mother's Day brunch buffet for $19.99 per person.

Tracy Tracy
Apr '13

FYI Bensi's in Hackettstown is closed

Julie Julie
May '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.