Biker Rally at Bar 46

I passed by Bar 46 earlier today and the parking lot was full of bikers. There were vendor tents set up selling biker merchandise. The place looked very busy.

HtownForum HtownForum
Apr '13

I heard it went very well.

Bessie Bessie
Apr '13

I think the entire Independence police force was in the neighborhood (along 46)

Brad
Apr '13

Saw several Hells Angels there right near the road way with a big support your local 81 (8th letter of alphabet is H 1st is A) sign......that can't be good for Independence

notgood
Apr '13

Why cant it be good? I was there, good food good people.. and donations for the food bank. Not one issue.

Vanessa Vanessa
Apr '13

It can't be good because there was an outlaw motorcycle gang there...this area does not need hello angles around

Comeon
Apr '13

lol.. people are so judgmental .. Some of those said "outlaw motorcycle" groups are better people than your average person..

Do you not go through Oxford because the- KKK was from the Colonial United Methodist Church in Oxford

It is 2013 People never seem to surprise me with their judgmental attitiude ..
Im Sure the "81" but be horrific people hanging with the police force yesterday!

Yes seems the event did very well! Hope to see another sooner than later for a good cause!

Artchick030 Artchick030
Apr '13

Ahh yes, the ol "They're bad somewhere, so they MUST be bad here" thought.

Please cite your negative instances of Hells Angels activity in our area.

btownguy btownguy
Apr '13

Amazing statements above. UGG!

Christine Christine
Apr '13

Are you kidding me people? They are a criminal gang who is considered an organized crime syndicate by the US department of criminal justice . If this was the crips or bloods you wouldn't be defending them.

kidding
Apr '13

The Hell's Angels are involved in criminal activity as are the Warlocks and the Pagans. They might be "nice" people but they do bad things and most sell drugs.

iJay3 iJay3
Apr '13

Artchick30, I hope you are wrong saying the police were hanging out with the Hells Angels. If so, they should be repremanded. These guys are bad news and are involved in all soughts of criminal activity including murder.

kb2755 kb2755
Apr '13

"I hope you are wrong saying the police were hanging out with the Hells Angels. If so, they should be repremanded."

That statement does not make sense to me. Police should interact with everyone. And if you think the people at the rally were criminals, should the cops say "OMG criminals. I'd better run away and hang out with nice old ladies" and not look back?

This whole thread does not make sense.

Christine Christine
Apr '13

She said the "81" people we hanging out with the police force, not that the police were monitoring the situation. Her words, not mine.

kb2755 kb2755
Apr '13

agree maja...keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Firefly Firefly
Apr '13

So...you're telling me that you can't provide an instance of negative behavior in our area by the Hells Angels? Then why fearmonger?

btownguy btownguy
Apr '13

who cares what clubs showed up.... the fact is many of the clubs that would have attended (and may or may not have) have been local to this area since the early 80s
have you ever watched those long trains of bikes pulling down the highway in a pack that stretches for miles. most of those long rides are charity rides = raising money for things lick = children's hospitals. toys runs.... or to raise funds for some ones medical needs (often a stranger to the individual riders)
to run in fear or pass judgment on the very people who are willing to do there part to help out complete strangers. is over the top ignorant.
for those who are upset by bikers being local here....
i moved here in 1978 and there was a strong biker community here then. so are you surprised to see bikers as the nice weather breaks?

iridealone iridealone
Apr '13

There were police in the area but none were at the event so I doubt they were hanging with the 81

Comeon
Apr '13

Re: Biker Rally at Bar 46

"this area does not need hello angles around"

what's wrong with Hello Angels?

Erik B. Anderson Erik B. Anderson
Apr '13

@iridealone, I have always thought the first sign of Spring is hearing the bikes go down Main St. Bikers have been a presence in the area as long as I've been in the area (over 35 years) I can't recall many crimes committed locally. I know the reputation they have, and the trouble they've been in, but to say every one that rides with them is dangerous is ridiculous (to me). There are many people that do bad things, some right here in our town.

Bessie Bessie
Apr '13

Erik that was a typo It should say hells

Comeon
Apr '13

police have their own motorcycle organization; can't recall the name of it right now ("Blue . . .(something?)")

the hells angels are one of the very worst gangs in the country, bar none. hope they don't make this one of their regular stops,

there is no way that the Indy cops are 'hanging out' with the hells angels, just not buying it,

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Apr '13

BD - It's the Blue Angels that are law enforcement.

As for the rest of the comments --- Hells Angels, Pagans, Warlocks are considered 1%ters (not a typo -- one percenters) because, as was stated above, there are a lot of good motorcycle clubs that do a lot for their community and have a lot of fun with it, BUT then there's the "one percenters" which are considered trouble.

That's where the reference comes from -- only 1% of said bikers are out to cause trouble.

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Apr '13

It's not the Blue Angels that are the Police Biker Club, it's the Blue Knights:

http://www.blueknights.org/

The Blue Angels are the Navy Special Flying exhibition team:

http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/

Phil D. Phil D.
Apr '13

Yup! Spring is here and it is riding season. I know a lot of people in clubs and as others stated most of them spend their time riding together and raising money for charity. Every organized ride I've been in has been for a good cause. I find the "club lifestyle" moronic, but the clubs that are based out of other organizations, ie Blue Angels, Blue Knights, Red Knights whose purpose is to do good and organize charity events are a valuable part of our community.

Oh and WATCH FOR BIKES! as you're driving. Yes, some people ride like idiots but those who ride responsibly and safely ride that way bc they'd rather not be road kill.

somechick somechick
Apr '13

thanks Phil D. (and thx happy2be - agreed ; the few taint the many, not a good thing)

was it really the hells angels at bar46 over the weekend?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Apr '13

Thanks, PhilD ~ you're right ~ :)

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Apr '13

Yes brother dog it was take a look at bar fortysix facebook page or jenny jump roadhouse facebook page (future name of Bar 46). You can see the support your local 81 sign and you can see Hells Angel's in the pictures

come1on
Apr '13

Maybe they were there to gather support for Local Teamsters 81?

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Apr '13

These cupcakes that were up at the rally should know better then crossing lines...same goes for the future owners.....if both parties are wise it will be the last time anyone see's these pinks in the area.

Surtr Surtr
Apr '13

Maybe this new biker image is the "rebirth" of Bar 46 to Jenny Jump Roadhouse

honey badger honey badger
Apr '13

The biker event was friendly for all and run by a riding club that rented out the facilities for the day. Bar46 and the future Jenny Jump Roadhouse are no way affiliated with or owned by any motorcycle clubs. It was a one time event that was paid for and sponsored by a separate riding club.

Guess nobody remembers Pagans vs Tri-County shoot-out behind Burger King:

HACKETTSTOWN, N.J. — "The Tri-County Motorcycle Club was holding its annual fund-raising picnic Sunday afternoon at the local Elks Lodge with the typical fare: hamburgers, hot dogs, a couple of kegs of beer.

But there were also some not-so-typical items on hand, things like 14-inch knives, sawed-off ax handles, a hatchet, a lead-filled baseball bat and guns.

And when members of the outlaw Pagans motorcycle gang showed up and tempers flared, not only did a huge fight ensue, but throats were slashed, people were shot, and by the end of Sunday afternoon, two men were dead."

http://articles.philly.com/1994-07-19/news/25846745_1_glenn-ritchie-tri-county-member-tri-county-motorcycle-club

"The 2010 report released Friday also includes the results of a 2007 survey showing 23 New Jersey municipalities with a "potential for open conflict" involving one or more gangs.

Independence Township made the 2007 list as well, reporting a risk of conflict between rival outlaw motorcycle clubs the Hells Angels and the Pagans. "

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf?/base/news-3/1296277540143350.xml&coll=3

Hey All,,,Im BIG JIM,,VP,Steel Crusaders Riding Club NJ,,,,we are the sponcers of this event,,,we asked the owners if we could rent the spot and he agreed,,,,,,,,they are in no way affiliated with with any bike club,,,,and as far as my club ,,we are a RC not an MC,,,the difference is we are an AMA registered club and are 100% neutral ,,,we support no one.......we do events to raise money for our club and for charities......we do thes events all over the state and have never had any issues,,,,,,,,,as far as vendors we advertise and first come gets the spots we dont discriminate.....attendees are anyone who wants to attend.............trouble makers are always gonna do what they do.....the event stands on its own,,there was no trouble in any way ,shape ,or form..so why complain...........dont condem what you dont understand,,,,,and if you are stupid enough to think that bikers are the big problem the watch the news,,,,,,there are far worse gangs lurking in your towns and that should be your concern,,,,,,,,watch the news and you will see............THANKS,,BIG JIM ,VP,SCRCNJ

JIM HOWLETT JIM HOWLETT
Apr '13

Jim,

Noone is saying your MC is the problem. Not all MC's are bad but the Hell's Angel's, pagan's and other outlaw gangs are. These 1% gangs are the problem and we don't need them around. I know most MC are good people.

come1on
Apr '13

Hell's Angels are drug dealing scum as are most 1% biker gangs. The Pagan's are notorious thugs, seen them in action.

I respect everyones opinion,,,,this is the USA and were all intitled to that,,,,ive been on a motorcycle since the 70s and ive met all kinds of bikers,,its who i am,,,,like i said it was a good day and a great party,,,met some great people and some new friends,,some lolcal and some who drove hours to come spend the day with us,,,,,,im thankful to ALL who came and showed this could be done correctly dispite what people think,,,,,,,and i hope they will have us back someday,,,,,,,,RESPECTS TO YOU ALL AND HAVE A GREAT NITE.......BIG JIM,,VP,,SCRCNJ

jim howlett jim howlett
Apr '13

I like Big Jim's reply- read what he wrote. I bet his group would actually do things to BENEFIT the community- instead of most windbags on this forum who shout things and then take a nap.

I checked the police blotter for treacherous activity on Sunday- didn't see anything!

While I just drove by and observed this time- I am now going to make sure to Stop next time and give them my support!

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Apr '13

Or you could give them a few bucks and score some meth, lol... everyone knows the 81 has the best Crystal (-;

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
Apr '13

My biggest gripe with the loud-pipe contingent is the freakin' noise they make....especially when the idiots are rolling down a main drag when you're trying to have a conversation or a bite to eat.

These juvenile-brained dimwits can't seem to get it through their skulls that most people are not impressed....though they always seem to be looking around at a stop light while gunning their engines to see if anyone notices them, or their studded leather accoutrements.

South Park addressed this annoyance quite thoroughly (and accurately, IMO) in one episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGyKBFCd_u4

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Apr '13

"Guess nobody remembers Pagans vs Tri-County shoot-out behind Burger King"

you guessed wrong

Erik B. Anderson Erik B. Anderson
Apr '13

One event 20 years ago hardly a spate of mc problems

eapos eapos
Apr '13

I would like to introduce myself, I am Sherman President and Founder of Steel Crusaders, New Jersey. I am also National Vice President of Steel Crusaders. With that said, I would like to thank Bar 46 for allowing us to hold this event this past weekend in Indepence. Knowing of the incident mentioned above, the Bar owner and our club presented ourselves to the Police Chief of Independence which was very helpful getting this event underway. We also went to the Town Council and I would like to thank Mayor Robert Giordano for taking the time and trusting us that there would be no issues at this event. All community concerns were brought up in this Township Committee Meeting and addressed. I would like to thank all the Locals and everyone that came out to our event and had a good time with good friends. I think my Vice President stated it well above, who we are and what we are about. The biking community is made up of all different people with all different backgrounds, as most communities are. It is unfortunate that incidents over the years have given us a bad name. We as a Riding Club hope this event shows that you can have events like this in your communities without any incident. I appreciate everyones opinions and concerns and I hope this gives you a little better insight of what took place to make this happen. Again I would like to thank the community of Indepence for allowing us to hold our event and Bar 46 for doing a great job by making this event successful.

I hope to do many more events in the future.

Sherman Smith Sherman Smith
Apr '13

Sherman - I understand you guys are clearly not a 1% club - by the very virtue of the fact you are an AMA chartered club. However - you guys wear a red and white 3 piece patch on your cuts and appear to at least have the approval of the dominant red and white club in NJ (Newark 81) to do so. This could draw attention of rival 1% clubs - specifically the pagans. This causes concern since we have already had a shooting at ( July 17, 1994), a Tri-County Motorcycle Club fund-raising picnic at the Elks Lodge in Hackettstown. I wish your club well in your endeavors.

skippy
Apr '13

A Hell's Angel stabbed some guy at Island Park a lot more recently than that... I think it was about 4 years ago.

They were having a fundraiser for a poor kid with cancer and there were a lot of bikers there. One guy was wearing a "16" shirt that signifies support for the Pagans and the Angel took exception to it and wound up stabbing the guy.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '13

Skippy, I think you found the one picture of our cut that doesn't show the "RC" patch on the back also. Let me state for the record, our cut is not Red & White it is Burgundy & Silver. That picture does it not justice, thanks. Regarding the rest of these comments about the "1%" World, I have no comment, as I am not a member of the "1%" World. We are "AMA" as you stated and claim no territory and support no one. Other than other "AMA" approved clubs. Yes all clubs have "OMC's" in their area. Due to the fact I have members all over the state and from all walks of life, we have made a effort to contact all clubs regarding us, not just one. But I thank you for your post. Much respect
President - Steel Crusaders - Jersey Crew

Sherman Smith Sherman Smith
Apr '13

jjmonth4--juvenile-brained dimwits It's people like you who start trouble. There's nothing like the sound of a Harley, love it.

Good luck to the Steel Crusaders, looks like you did well.

4paws 4paws
Apr '13

Thanks for the clarification Sherman - I respect and appreciate you answering questions.

skippy
Apr '13

@ ianimal -I for one do not care to see "local 81" or "16" in the Great Meadows area. I was at the charity event fund raiser a few years back at Island Park and it was awful. There were families at this event for a young boy fighting cancer. These kids saw the local "81" come pulling in and go after 1 and only 1 person because he was wearing a "16" shirt,they chased him to where the pool was and beat and stabbed him.I personally, witnessed this up close & personal as I was talking to the kid when "81" came rolling in. I was pushed out of the way. "81" did this because he was wearing the others tshirt. The supposed 1% can take their gripes with each other to a discreet place not in public. Children were there and upset and crying after seeing this brutality! As far as I know these 2-1%'s are battling over this area...We live in a nice rural community and want to keep it this way! These 2 groups are what give other MC's a bad name. I realize there are many MC's that do great things with the community....my suggestion to Steel Crusaders is if you in fact are NOT affiliated with "81" than post in public NO COLORS allowed at your events and do not rent space to promoters selling tshirts and such from anyone affiliated with "81" or "16"! You will be more respected for the good that you do and welcomed in to the local communities if you do this. We DO NOT want local battles,brawls or what not from "81" or "16".It only took someone wearing the other 1%'s tshirts to start a problem a cancer charity so while this event went off without a hitch....if it could happen at a charity event.....you never know! Your group will be remembered by what those 1% bring and do rather than what your MC Group actually is for. Hopefully Steel Crusaders takes this advice and puts up signs for No Colors allowed and doesn't rent to promoters selling products supporting "81" or "16" or any other 1%....I wonder what would happen to another person that thought oh this is a cool shirt and buys it just because they like the design and walks around a bike event.....hopefully they don't get attacked like what I witnessed!

suburbia! suburbia!
Apr '13

ok look - I really believe that Steel Crusaders is not a 1% club and has got their colors approved though the appropriate OMC's in the area and is not an issue. these guys have gone above and beyond to show everyone including law enforcement respect. They are law abiding citizens who want to ride and have every right to share brotherhood with others. They have shown an effort to embrace the community at large. they want to be accepted. we all are nervous about violence. I think this group is peaceful and embraces all who are. they have a right to congregate - we should champion them for even responding to our questions and concerns. I feel they are an upstanding group worthy of our respect.

skippy
Apr '13

This entire thread is ridiculous. Bar 46 has every right allowing an event to be hosted that brings the locals together. The truth is, the vast majority of people in independence and the surrounding areas are in Riding Clubs. For all you know your neighbor could be in Hells Angels. Do any of you have any horrific story of your neighbor raising hell and killing your family? It seems there is none. Every resident in Independence is perfectly aware of the history of its large Club population, and chose to live there anyway. I have yet to have a problem with this and have been living here all my life. Any of you go to Hot Dog Johnny's? haha it's one of the most famous hot dog stands around people travel all over the country to go there. Do you think the majority of bikers there aren't in clubs? they don't try and hide it it's not like they are some secret killers running through the town causing trouble. Relax. If you do not wish to be part of this community then leave

resident656 resident656
Apr '13

I think people watch to much TV,,,,,,,,,all the new shows show all the bad sides of the biker world and lifestyle,,,,,,i never see any shows about the good stuff,,,just sayin...................come out to an event before you judge us and see for yourself......and if you see me there entroduce your self and lets heve a good conversation,,,,,,,,,,,big jim.....

Big Jim Big Jim
Apr '13

Big Jim, if your just a AMA MC aka "rub club" why even allow cupcakes to rent a booth? maybe you guys wish you were a real 1% MC so you invite
knuckleheads to your event for "street cred"?It's kinda like the costumes you guys put on before each ride you take (makes you foolish looking). Well you and your club may have just bought some heat from other clubs or the cops for your decision to rent a booth to anyone "first come first serve" without thinking about the fallout.

notaweekendbiker notaweekendbiker
Apr '13

Im done explaining.............

Big Jim Big Jim
Apr '13

@resident656 - I think asserting that the "vast majority" of people in Independence and the surrounding areas are in Riding Clubs is the ridiculous thing.

The "vast majority" of Independence and the surrounding areas don't even ride, let alone ride with a club.

Aquarius Aquarius
Apr '13

Wise choice Big Jim, LOL.

Bessie Bessie
Apr '13

Are we really debating the goodness factor surrounding the Hell's Angels?

Shiney.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Apr '13

so were there or were there not Hells Angels at this event?

and if there were, does that poke a finger in the eye of the pagans?

the different colors worn at different times by the same club seems a little weird to me, what's the reason for that?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Apr '13

Brother dog there were hells angels at this event they can been seen by going bar fortysix's or Jenny jump roadhouse's Facebook page....to view the persons Facebook page who uploaded them or just ask the police they would probably know

Comeon
Apr '13

I didn't know the Methodists in Oxford were the problem. Homeland Security put us Catholics in the top ten in domestic extremists groups, ranked just behind the KKK. But the ones you really have to watch are the returning veterans.

"A wink's as good as a nod to a blind bugger" Eric Idle

One-Eyed Poacher One-Eyed Poacher
Apr '13

Just because a bunch of people are out riding together on bikes....does not make them an club....we ride and usually with a bunch...1-because it is easier to be seen by cars when it is a group and 2 - to get together and hang out

As I previously posted...there have been clashes with "16" & "81" locally and I was there and witnessed it at a Charity Event for a child with cancer. That is all people remember now from that event! So my word to the Steel Crusaders is to post no colors so none of the 1%ers come to your event and do not rent to promoters selling any of their stuff. Then you will not be inviting bad press or possible scenes...you will be remembered for the good that your group has done not remembered as being affiliated with the 1%'ers! That may change peoples opinions and stop the bashing that you are experiencing.

It would be nice to see charity events in this area and by "bikers" so please, show this area you are not affiliated with "16","81" or any other 1%, post no colors,don't rent to promoters of one of the 1%ers..... then maybe you will be remembered for what your club does! Then maybe we won't have to see undercover cops everywhere and task force trucks lined up waiting for a possible brawl! I believe more people are up in arms about the possibility of that than they are your bike event! It is not asking for too much of Steel Crusaders to do this! I am all for charity events and promoting good things to help our communities...God knows this country needs the people to band together and help each other more!

suburbia! suburbia!
Apr '13

I like this forum for certain reasons... I dislike it for this one.. Creating an issue where there is none.

Vanessa Vanessa
Apr '13

Previous thread - http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/260272

Link to article about previous incident in 2008 - http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2008/08/man_assaulted_during_biker_bas.html

Actually One-Eyed it's the animal lovers in Hackettstown who are the number one group on the Homeland Security list -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_terrorism_in_the_United_States

Catholics aren't even listed. Where's your list?

last week the college students at Rutgers univ threw a party,,,,,,,,,who new that the future geniuses of this world would riot in the streets and burn things in the town.....many aressted and the local pd and county swat team was actually engaged in the event..........................all because the school refued to allow they party,,,,,,,,,,..................but Charity events and biker rallys are the big problem......lol.................................yeah i get it........at the end of the day we had NO PROBLEMS...........................................

BIG JIM BIG JIM
Apr '13

>>jjmonth4--juvenile-brained dimwits It's people like you who start trouble. There's nothing like the sound of a Harley, love it.<<

You're right, 4paws, saying this would probably start trouble. BTW, what kind of "trouble" would you be referring to?

The only thing I would change about what I said would be to replace "dimwits" with "posers." There's varying degrees of intelligence in all types of people, so "dimwit" was unfair.

You might like acid rock too, for all I know...and I have no problem with you listening to it as long as I don't have to hear it.

Do I make myself clear, now?

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Apr '13

And on occasion a few Hells Angels hang at the brew pub. Is that an issue also. Really people.

Steve-0 Steve-0
Apr '13

Big Jim or Sherman.....how about acknowledging or a comment on the idea I threw out there to make the club known as legit so these people stop bashing you? I have no problems with a charity event, a bike club, motorcycles etc....I just do not want to ever see a repeat of Island Park again! It was not expected to happen and nothing was done to prevent the "colors" showing up.It is and was a shame that a specific few of both of those 1%ers couldn't take their gripe elsewhere. Now posting "no colors"and not renter booths to promoters of a 1%er will not guarantee a peaceful event but it will cut down on the chances.
You want your club to be recognized for itself not being affiliated with anyone else....I think that this town would calm down if that effort was shown to insure that you are doing those two things.
Thank you for your time Big Jim & Sherman

suburbia! suburbia!
Apr '13

if nothing else,the cops look the other way when those pig harleys rattle windows and disturb the peace when they ride by with their open pipes.try driving past a cop with a loud car,dollars to donuts you'll get a ticket.

noreaster noreaster
Apr '13

It takes a lot of work to get a new RC's patch recognized by dominant clubs. Usually the
President of the new RC works the phone, attends COC (Confederation of Clubs) meetings, and makes personal visits to the dominant clubs to introduce himself. His new patch is submitted for approval PRIOR to it being used in public. It is a time consuming task fraught with roadblocks. The dominant club in this area happens to be 81. It is a sign of respect that they attended the event and nothing more - and again - this was an event where nothing happened... We dont have much of a tax base as it is.. why would we chase out law abiding citizens that at least have a strict code of internal conduct..

skippy skippy
Apr '13

From the DOJ website: http://www.justice.gov/criminal/ocgs/gangs/motorcycle.html

"The Hells Angels Motorcycle Club (Hells Angels) is an OMG with between 2,000 and 2,500 members who belong to over 230 chapters in the U.S. and in 26 foreign countries. The Hells Angels pose a criminal threat on six continents. U.S. law enforcement authorities estimate that the Hells Angels have more than 92 chapters in 27 states with a membership in excess of 800 persons. The Hells Angels are involved in the production, transportation and distribution of marijuana and methamphetamine. Additionally, the Hells Angels are involved in the transportation and distribution of cocaine, hashish, heroin, LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide), ecstasy, PCP (phencyclidine) and diverted pharmaceuticals. The Hells Angels are also involved in other criminal activity including assault, extortion, homicide, money laundering and motorcycle theft."

They aren't Jesse James, Robin Hood, or patriots.

Apr '13

ok but were talking about the Steel Crusaders who are an AMA club and have nothing to do with the 1% lifestyle.

skippy skippy
Apr '13

Mistergoogle... Have you read the police blotter for our darling little town?

Vanessa Vanessa
Apr '13

Gosh, I thought you said 81 when you said: "The dominant club in this area happens to be 81." Must have mis-read.

And no, I have not read the blotter, why prey tell, why?

Apr '13

they're not red and white, they don't support non-AMA clubs, they rented a lawful establishment and had a party with no incident. I think the area could use the revenue.

skippy skippy
Apr '13

jjmonth4, No I don't like acid rock. I did ride mc for about 20 yrs. went to the hill climbs and harley rondevouse (?spelling) had a great time and never saw any problems.
I have to agree with Steve-O and vanessa and skippy

Suburbia!, there are no guarantees in life, look at what just happened in Boston.

BIG JIM---What do you think would happen if you had a big get together and you told the 1%'s you are not welcome?? (don't answer that ?) I know

When you come on this forum, sometimes you get your head handed to you, been there had that done but most of the HL are great people and there to help in a heartbeat.

4paws 4paws
Apr '13

So this event happened one time and isn't scheduled to happen again and we're still talking about it. Let's leave it at a good event that ended. And end this bickering.

Hackettstownian
Apr '13

I have to agree with you 4paws ~ ;)

happy2bhere happy2bhere
Apr '13

@ 4paws it is common place to post that at bike shops,bars etc. It is done to show that the establishment does not support any of them. I am not bashing this club at all, I ride! No there are no guarantees but I am sure my suggestion being done would calm a lot of nerves. I have witnessed the small percent of bikers that happen to be in 2 mc clubs, what they did to 1 person over a t-shirt representing the other club, was brutal. It is unfortunate that these few have made a lasting impression when there are others in these clubs that do in fact not act this way. Unfortunately the best way to keep those few away is to request no colors. The club's respect that. This is first hand knowledge. By the way, I did not see this event advertised, what was the charity event for?

Suburbia! Suburbia!
Apr '13

4paws: I have not had any bad experiences with the loud-pipe-leather-and-studs contingent other than the extreme annoyance factor.

You guys/gals wanna go livin' the Harley fashion dream, feel free...but keep your stock mufflers on.

And stop going on about starting "trouble."

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Apr '13

OMG reading all these post over one event did anything happen NO so what The Hell Angels had event in town big deal, it's a club, yes they are well known for drugs and violence but that doesn't mean something is going to happen. Yes 20 years there was are incident between two clubs, but really just let the bikers ride. Spring is here and you see bikers all the time what are you going to stop and think OMG it's Hell Angels lets lock are doors, my husband rides with 7 or more friends and they don't belong with a gang some people just enjoy riding with a group relax is only a motorcycle club

Sure, the Hells Angels have been mixed up with violence & drugs and some of them are corrupt but then again we can say the same thing about police.

Platypus
Apr '13

Here is a good article from today's NJ Herald discussing the various motorcycle gangs in our area.

http://www.njherald.com/story/22037082/2013/04/21/motorcycle-street-gangs-present-in-sussex-county

I'm thinking of starting up a Hitler Youth Organization. After all, haven't done anything bad in years.

There are some brands that just can't be redeemed over time.

Apr '13

mistergoogle - I think you hit the nail on the head.

I support motorcyclists and while I understand that some people enjoy the social aspect of being in an MC. If you are a law-abiding citizen who has no intention to get mixed up in illegal activities, then you would think more carefully about which club you sign up for and avoid the club that is historically notorious for their bad behavior.

somechick somechick
Apr '13

I don't know what some of you are talking about having a biker bar would be great you'll have the Hells Angels pagans warlocks banditos and a half dozen other motorcycle clubs with their buddies listening to music getting drunk maybe doing some drugs for the life of me I just can't see what would go wrong

oldred
Apr '13

Enough already . A decent bunch of guys held a charity event at Bar 46 . Since an outlaw biker gang that has killed and maimed people in the area in the past came there and set up a booth to sell their merch (and try to redeem their murdering thug image) it guarantees Independence Township WILL NOT issue any more permits for another event like this as much good as it did for those in need . End of story and thread .

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2008/dec/12/hells-angels-worried-about-image-expert/

zombo zombo
Apr '13

Hey, say what you will about the Holocaust but at least Hitler had a plan.
Your move, Obama.

Platypus
Apr '13

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.