Hot Rod's BBQ in Wharton, NJ

The last three weekends I have wanted to try this out on Saturday around 1pm and they have been closed. I want to try it even more now since it was on Food Network's Restaurant Steakout this past week. Anyone know why they are closed at the time I go? Thanks

Jimmy Jimmy
Mar '13

Their regular Sat hours are 3PM - Midnight. I believe their lunch business is mostly business people during the week.

Thank you

Jimmy Jimmy
Mar '13

Don't give up! That place is awesome!

Townies Townies
Mar '13

Hot Rods and Barbecue go together.............it sounds awesome

Sleepy Reader Sleepy Reader
Mar '13

where they located in wharton?

wcgal wcgal
Mar '13

Main Street ~ across from Chase Bank. No parking so be prepared to find a spot on the street.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '13

The bank and the pharmacy have a ton of parking in the back.

The Bank and the Pharmacy get upset if you park there during the day. At night it might not be a problem (I've never gotten towed) but have heard of others who have, but I would still not recommend it for afternoon visits.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '13

I noticed Hot Rod's has teamed up with the Costco in Wharton. Costco has 2 $50 Gift Certificates to Hot Rod's for $60. These are located where they sell the Forever stamps and movie theater tickets.

The Sunday brunch specials are awesome. $2 Bloody Mary's, $1-$2 drafts (including craft beers of which they have many on tap), and amazing smoked then fried buffalo wings for $5. Went there for the first time a few months ago. Have been meaning to go back ever since.

...Just realized it's Sunday. Oh man.

fuji
Mar '14

Did anyone hear anything about them closing down or moving? Don't want to spread rumors but someone did tell me they were moving out I believe bc of a rent issue. Whether or not they would relocate wasn't known at that point, assuming it's even true.

Bryan Bryan
Mar '14

One of my friends eats there ALL the time, and knows them. If they were moving or closing, he would have posted it on FB, I think. He posts from there ALL the time.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Mar '14

a friend who is a fine photographer will be at Hot Rods this Tuesday, March 11th at 7pm for a "meet the artist" event - and I'll be there to help her out - if you come by please say hello and look at her work

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.