Zeris Inn/Chrisandis

Has anyone ever been to a wedding reception/ceremony at the Zeris Inn???

www.zerisinnchrisandis.com

Any reviews on food, etc?

Casey Casey
Sep '12

Not since 1995...

Lori...Since '73 Lori...Since '73
Sep '12

My friend at work had her wedding there and my office christmas party was held there one year. The food was pretty good, my friends mom is or was the chef there at the time. The waitstaff was attentive and friendly, no complaints...it wasnt too expensive there either.

I had my wedding in a similar place that had many different reception rooms and a chapel on site..Pantagis in Scotch Plains

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Sep '12

It's been some years, but it's always been an OK spot. It's no Birchwood or Meadow Wood, but a good solid place. Just not spectacular.

Have not been to Pantagis in Scotch Plains, H-town Mama in some time but that was always our favorite place to go for years. We enjoyed many a brunch and meal in that place. I always was hoping to catch a bride coming down those beautiful spiral staircases. I know in the back they had a bakery that actually did the wedding cakes right on premises.

joyful joyful
Sep '12

Pantagis is a beautiful place. Went to wedding reception at Zeris many, many moons ago and from what I can remember, its was very good.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Sep '12

Pantagis.... is that where Snuffy's Steakhouse is?

ianimal ianimal
Sep '12

Not Snuffys anymore.

botheredbyu botheredbyu
Sep '12

I attended an event (not a wedding) at Zeris Inn not too long ago and it was very nice. The food was good, not great, but there was nothing to complain about. It just wasn't one of the best places I've ever been to. I have no idea what the prices are like.

Tanya Tanya
Sep '12

We almost had our wedding reception there but Adam Todd Inn won us over instead. Been to a wedding there many years ago. Its was ok. Not great. Birchwood Manor now is a great place.

Christine Christine
Sep '12

Yes, Ianimal...it was called Snuffys for years ..In fact, we still call it that.

joyful joyful
Sep '12

How long ago was it Snuffys?

Yashik
Sep '12

I attend events at Zeris at least once a year. Very good food, very good service, nice atmosphere and up to date, clean. The owner pays personal attention to this business.

Bruin Bruin
Sep '12

It's still Snuffy's Pantagis Renaissance.

Tracy Tracy
Sep '12

Thanks everyone.

The other suggestions were lovely but I am looking for somewhere not too fancy. I want a "nice" but laid back feel... We are not a ball gown/suit & tie kind of couple. Seems like Zeris may be a good place for that type of wedding.

Casey Casey
Sep '12

Casey,

I personally have DJ'd recent weddings at Pantagis and also Zeris. Pantagis was a very nice place. Very old world feel with wood beam interior and marble. They also have a fantastic staff. I was speaking with the owner after the wedding and they are giving very good deals for wedding packages. Zeris was also a nice place with good food. Another you might consider is the Meadow Wood Manor in Randolph. Very nice inside, great food, and fantastic service. If you have any questions we can definitely help you out and give you some good information as we have worked with many venues.

S.C.3. S.C.3.
Sep '12

Wow I cant believe so many of you have been to Snuffy's Pantagis..thats great! Its been around for so long and everyone has always said how thats one of their favorite places to go. Their food is always and has always been superb!! At my wedding I had them do a buffet style dinner and the guests loved it..the staff always kept the food going. I think for the price and for how well known it is you cant beat it! I and my husband are so low key and simple this place worked out well!

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Sep '12

We used to go to Snuffys too with family years ago and while you dined a man would walk around playing a violin and taking requests. You would think that alone would make the establishment a bit pricey but in reality it was really quite reasonable and excellent food.

joyful joyful
Sep '12

Zeris Inn.....I had my wedding there and I have to say they are very relaxed and took care of everything. The food was good, now its not a 5 star dinner but it is good trust me noone will leave saying anything negative. Compared to other places it is very inexpensive for what they offer. Cocktail hour was fantastic!! I highly recommend it!

Angela
Sep '12

Casey, I just read your last post about not wanting something too fancy..you seem like a simple couple just like me and my husband.. Trust me when I say Zeris was the perfect choice for us!!! Dont second guess it and just do it, you will not be disappointed. Just wanted to add that they have decent cake and table decor choices, nice but not what you see on TV. If I could have done something different it would have been to have my own outside florist and cake done, but again if you are on a budget just let them do it...it will not disappoint you. To me family and music makes the wedding so just make sure your DJ is amazing. Good luck! Oh and make sure you have open bar! :)

Angela
Sep '12

Angela- NICE! Thank you. Looking forward to checking it out. Sounds like my kinda place.

Casey Casey
Sep '12

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.